Ability to use inspirations on allies...

biostem

So we currently have the ability to give inspirations to allies/teammates.  Why not extend that to be able to directly use them on said target?

The only issue I could foresee would be the possibility of griefing someone by forcibly applying an awaken to them while in the middle of combat or with hostiles nearby, in which case, you could add an option to decline externally applied inspirations...

EDIT:  Another thought - maybe it would trivialize the team inspirations, (though this would only allow you to use the inspiration on 1 ally at a time, and you'd have to be in range)?

Edited by biostem

Accept/deny res dialogue already exists. The main problem I see is that the current default UI behavior is to use all inspirations on yourself. Changing them to be used on your targeted ally would leave you unable to quickly use them on yourself if you had someone targeted for some other reason.

If it were me designing the function, I would add an extra entry to the context menu on right-click, "Use on... >"
...which would expand into a submenu with current party members, much like the "Give...>" entry currently does.

In all cases, just left-clicking on the inspiration or hitting its keybind should still use it on yourself.