More Mission Variety in 30-34 Range

Rudra

Can we please get some different missions in the level 30-34 range blue side? I've done the Council raid on Crey for the AI triple-part mission, the save the Crey lab from the Council mission, and the save the Crey lab from the Freakshow triple-part mission three times on this same character this week, just from different contacts. And the named mobs are always the same, the mission entrances (as applicable) are always the same, and the objectives are always the same. I'm saving Executable Number 6 in the AI mission (with its 3 parts), putting down Vortex Cor Leonis Archon Rupert who apologizes for the fight afterwards in the Council raid on Crey mission, and recovering the cloning technology the Freakshow steal from Crey in their 3-part mission every time. It's like every contact has just those 3 missions. How many times do I have to set Executable Number 6 free before he is free?! Can we at least get some different names between the contacts? Like Executable Numbers 7 and 8, Vortex Cor Leonis Archon Tom and Jeff, and maybe some really good alcohol the Freakshow steal? Something so it is not the same 3 missions over and over?

(This is why I usually only play red side....)

Edit: Phillipa Meraux, Lous Pasterelli, and Neal Kendrick are the ones that gave me those missions. No Ouroboros used, they are my level range active contacts.

Edit again: And the timed Stop the Devouring Earth attack on the environmentalists of World Watch, which is now given by a second contact in this level range....

Edited by Rudra
  • Thanks 1

You could play through Croatoa. Second half of it's 30-34. Play the whole thing (starting at the mid 20s) and there's a bonus.  Usually hands you off to Cadao Kestrel, who's also in that range and does COT. Or play redside.

That said, yeah, the range could deserve some attention.

• Thumbs Up 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Are you looking for solo or team content?

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

I play solo. I'm asking for the contacts to not all have the same missions. I know I can go to First Ward/Night Ward. I tried to go to Croatoa, but I have to go to Ouroboros and do the missed 25-30 content to unlock the contacts in the 30-34 range.

The point is that the contacts for blue side in the 30-34 range are supposed to have up to 2 contacts that give the exact same missions/arcs. This is not a problem because players are only introduced to 1 of those 2 contacts no matter who they go through to get to that range. However, playing through the level 30-34 range, a lot more than just those 2 contacts give the same missions. It seems like every contact has all the same missions and only the story arcs are kept to 1 or 2 possible contacts. Makes for extremely repetitive play in that range. May as well just be cycling radio missions.

Edited by Rudra
Edited to correct 25-39 to 25-30.

Here are the blue side level 30-34 contacts. You should have access to five, one for each origin. Those within an origin offer the same missions, so you will only get one of the two as a contact. The Magic contacts give you a CoT arc, the Mutation contacts give you a Council arc, Phillipa Meraux (Natural) gives you a Crey arc, the Science contacts give you a Devouring Earth arc and the Technology contacts give you a Freakshow arc. If you haven't been introduced to all five, try walking up to the ones you're missing. If the contact won't give you their arc, check to see how many main arcs (blue book) you have open (the limit is 5).

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Category:Hero_Contacts_Level_30-34

To my knowledge, if you approach Gordon Bower or Skipper LeGrange, they should hand you off to Kelly Nemmers. There is no requirement to do the lvl 25-29 arcs first to unlock the lvl 30-34 Croatoa contacts.

• Like 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

You are misunderstanding what I am saying. I have all 5 non-Croatoa/Ward contacts I can get. And 3 of those 5 give the same missions. I'm not counting random filler missions like streetsweep for X mobs or what have you. I'm talking about specifically the 4 missions listed in the OP. The fact that apparently all the contacts send you to rescue Executable Number 6. The fact that apparently all the contacts send you to stop a Council raid on a Crey lab where Crey is working on a cooperating Cor Leonis Archon named Rupert who after the mission apologizes to you for the fight because he thought you were Council. The fact that apparently all the contacts send you to stop a Freakshow raid on a Crey lab where they are developing the Paragon Protector cloning project, and then have to fight through Crey and Freakshow to get it back. The fact that multiple contacts, possibly all of them as well, send you to stop a Devouring Earth raid on the World Watch facility that was reporting Crey's destruction of Everett Lake. These are not random filler missions, and all the contacts give these missions. The enemy names are all the same. The mission locations are at the same place. The in-mission objectives are the same. They are all giving the exact same missions, over and over and over.

I've tried talking to the Croatoa 30-34 contacts. I'll try talking to the 25-29 ones and see if they give me access to the 30-34 ones. That will not change the fact that the blue side contacts are all giving the same not random missions.

Edit: And yes, I am not counting Croatoa as blue side for this thread. I am only looking at original blue side zone contacts.

Edited by Rudra

They don't give the same missions and the missions don't repeat (although they may be very similar). If you click on the contact names in the link I provided, it lists all the missions that each contact gives.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

Great! I looked them up prior to making this thread. And regardless of what missions they are supposed to give, they all give those same 4 missions. The exact same missions. Every last bit of those missions. Mission name, boss names, number of parts to the mission, mission location, objective names, clues given, everything. Edit: They aren't similar, they are the exact same missions given.

Edited by Rudra

1 minute ago, Rudra said:

Great! I looked them up prior to making this thread. And regardless of what missions they are supposed to give, they all give those same 4 missions. The exact same missions. Every last bit of those missions. Mission name, boss names, number of parts to the mission, mission location, objective names, clues given, everything. Edit: They aren't similar, they are the exact same missions given.

File a bug report. 

18 hours ago, Rudra said:

I went to Croatoa after the other contacts gave me their story arcs and I maxed out their contact bars. They won't talk to me since I didn't start the Croataoa arcs back in the 20s. Can only be done through Ouroboros now.

... did you talk to Gordon or go straight to Kelly Nemmers? I know Gordon and Skippy won't talk, but I've picked up Kelly without ouro when I hit 30 and gotten her arcs.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

5 hours ago, Rudra said:

Last time I was running in that range, I got the different arcs for the contacts, but one thing I did notice in the 25-29 range is that, outside of the arc mission, I was getting repeats. I'm sure I did "take frankie frost into protective custody" at least twice.

Yeah, the arcs are only available from their assigned contacts. It is the non-arc missions that are obviously not random that keep coming up as repeats. I didn't have that problem in the 25-29 range, but glad I'm not the only one seeing this. (Not that I'm glad you had to repeat missions, just glad to not be the only one.) It's like the contacts are pulling from the same list of missions, but they must be individually flagged as completed.