No Hosp/Base Setting

Spot

Just now, Rudra said:

How? This only affects players that have been defeated. They are no longer able to contribute or face any challenge because they are defeated. So what challenge is being introduced?

Letting your teammates use their powers to rez you is a good thing.  This enables them to use their powers too.

• Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Rudra said:

How?

Mate, might be time to back off of this one. It's starting to scream "I'm a troll" and you keep taking the bait.

• Like 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

If you think this is a good challenge? Do ya one better.

Death = being auto-kicked from the team, account is banned from trying another run of that TF for 24 hours.   Maybe even get a badge - "Booted" or "Roadkill" or something for it!

That sounds like a fun "challenge" and penalty, right?

• Haha 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

1 minute ago, Greycat said:

Death = being auto-kicked from the team, account is banned from trying another run of that TF for 24 hours.   Maybe even get a badge - "Booted" or "Roadkill" or something for it!

This is fine by me if it's just a setting.

• Thumbs Down 1

31 minutes ago, Greycat said:

I see your bid and raise you.

Death = auto-kicked and character deleted as per Iron Man Mode. Account gets account-wide badge: "Corroded Man/Woman".

Edit: I am being sarcastic here. Please do not burn me at the byte.

Edited by Rudra

36 minutes ago, Greycat said:

There should be potential for the leader to get a badge too.

Took Out the Trash - Kick a player from the team after they are defeated

• Haha 1

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

While this bloke does sound like a posturing troll, and my better judgement is screaming at me to not respond, I'm irked enough at the absurdity of the thread. That and to see that Betty, Rudra, Grey, and TD have all had their precious time and opinion squandered.

So, the OP wants the option to NOT have the option to go to the hospital or base for revival.
For what? He/she says it's to provide more challenge.
How? by:
1) "encouraging" the currently dead team mate to do better and not die next time
2) allowing a team mate to utilise their rez POWER (wakeys and temps are also supposedly not allowed)
3) coaxing the other team members to play better and avoid dying

Will this work? who knows.

But there exists a simpler way to attain this. and while the others have said it, I think it needs to be spelled out for the OP to understand:
TALK TO YOUR TEAM MATES.
Have a prior arrangement on what YOU want during a task force. Because apparently, what you want isn't what everyone wants. And we can all be happy if we go about our separate ways WITHOUT changing the game mechanics.

As a bonus tip, why not follow the Permadeath rules. die and get deleted. that way, you don't have to worry about what happens AFTER you die.

• Thumbs Up 2

So, you know the Aeon SF? The one made with Hard Mode in mind when they were designing it?

And do you know how they PUT HOSPITALS IN HALF THE MISSIONS because they were COUNTING on people dying a lot and wanted to make sure they could return to the fight sooner without having to zone hundreds of times?

Yeah, just... chew on that for a bit.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, EmperorSteele said:

PUT HOSPITALS IN HALF THE MISSIONS

It always totally stumped me that as Hard as the Old Hollows was, they weren't even nice enough to put a Hospital in the Zone, you had to rez to Atlas and then run the Gauntlet to get back to the Mission door unless you had a teammate with Recall Friend.

• Like 1

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

So, under this plan what does happen when the team wipes and no one has a wakie?  I saw this asked on the first page but I didn't spot an answer.  Is logging out and logging in again the only possibility at that point?  I'm not saying it's necessarily a terrible option to offer, but I'd like something a little less clunky that 'turn it off and on again' for the obvious problem state.

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

You know what, everybody is claiming this guy is the troll, but he's just making a suggestion for something AS AN OPTION.  And you guys are the ones losing your shit.  Why?  Because you're unhinged that it might become AN OPTION?

I don't care enough about it to throw my support in for the devs to spend any time on changing it, but everyone soiling their drawers over the suggestion of adding the option and then accusing the OP of being a troll because they aren't acknowledging your intellectually feeble opposition points, is pretty hilarious. 😁

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

Absolutely no one, not any player in the game, has the right to punish another player for daring to be defeated, let alone not waiting to be rezzed. Simple as that. This suggestion is about punishing other players and the author has admitted it twice. It does not matter that it is being asked to be an option. No one has the right to punish a fellow player for not meeting their expectations.

Edit: If the team leader is not happy with what a team member is doing? Kick them. That is their right as leader. They do not get to otherwise impose their biases on another.

Edited by Rudra
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Absolutely no one, not any player in the game, has the right to punish another player for daring to be defeated, let alone not waiting to be rezzed. Simple as that. This suggestion is about punishing other players and the author has admitted it twice. It does not matter that it is being asked to be an option. No one has the right to punish a fellow player for not meeting their expectations.

Edit: If the team leader is not happy with what a team member is doing? Kick them. That is their right as leader. They do not get to otherwise impose their biases on another.

Why not solve the problem before the TF is set?  You can do it with insp, temps, and so on.  Punishing a player for dying sounds better each time you say it though.  This helps those who want to play high challenge mode content know that they need to improve.  There is no player in any game above that rule.

• Thumbs Down 3

Something's been bugging me about this whole scenario since I first started reading this thread.

That little voice in the back of my head that always warns me right before I do something really stupid has been trying to tell me something, but I couldn't quite hear it. Then I read this:

8 hours ago, Six-Six said:

1) "encouraging" the currently dead team mate to do better and not die next time

And then suddenly, what's likely to happen if this option gets implemented became crystal clear.

First, someone recruits a team. Second, someone changes the option to No Hospital without telling anyone. Third, when a player dies the leader berates that player until they've acknowledged and given a hearty "Yes, sir!" to every bit of the leader's advice. Only then would the leader allow that player to get resurrected and continue playing the game.

I guarantee you that will happen. And, if you think about it, you know that it will too.

This is definitely the Dolores Umbridge option, and I'm against it.

Edited by PeregrineFalcon
spelling hard
  • Like 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

13 minutes ago, Spot said:

Why not solve the problem before the TF is set?  You can do it with insp, temps, and so on.  Punishing a player for dying sounds better each time you say it though.  This helps those who want to play high challenge mode content know that they need to improve.  There is no player in any game above that rule.

And with that, there can be no doubt we are dealing with a troll.

• Like 3