Paragon University ((Open RP))

American Valor

PCU - Off Campus Apartments

“Wait, please don’t go.”

Tori swallowed hard, awaiting the response.

Krys stopped and turned away not looking at Tori. She stood ramrod tall before she spoke.

"Why? Whatelse do you want to say about me? Lucky for me Alie already knew what we could do, I told you in trust and even after I tell you, you just start blabbing. What did Alie say you accuse and betray me. What did I do to you that was so bad? Why did you tell, cause you're a hero and I'm nothing right. The powerful do as they like right. I'm not weak anymore."

Krys turned to face Tori staring with teary eyes tight-lipped and angry.  

• Like 1

When you wake up seek the courage and strength to do the right thing.
Decide that this will be another day in which you Walk The Talk.

American Valor Sentinel of Liberty

RP Forums: Paragon University thread

FBSA Home Page

Tori tried to keep control of herself. Getting angry and yelling wasn’t going to help her here. It was going to help Alie and prove them all right. And seeing Krys like this was breaking her up inside.

“I told you we had to be open. I told you we had to clear the air. Now it is all out on the table and at least we know where we’re starting from.” She said as calmly as she could.

“I’m not saying who’s right or wrong. What I’m saying is we now have a starting point. No more lies or pretending. I’ve been upfront and open with you. I just want the same in return.”

She sighs.

“Somehow because I do some hero work, I’m the bad guy? Alie assumes I’m going to arrest you and you claim I’m throwing my weight around. If being open and honest is bad, then I guess you are right about me.”

Tori was tired of fighting. Tired of being wrong for being honest. She’d gotten almost no sleep the night before, so was tired and emotionally drained. She couldn’t keep this up much longer without either crying or lashing out.

She leaned back against the wall, giving Krys the space. Letting her feel big and superior. Tori was in a bad position if Krys decided to hit her, but otherwise she was subtly giving Krys a social position win.

• Like 1

RP on Everlast: 

Primary: Tenaxa (Victoria (Tori) Hanes-Sykes); at least 5 versions and counting

And pretty much any other character I play.

PCU - Off Campus Apartments 

21 hours ago, Tenaxa said:

Tori leaned back against the wall, giving Krys the space. Letting her feel big and superior. Tori was in a bad position if Krys decided to hit her, but otherwise she was subtly giving Krys a social position win.

Liv was watching them fight again with a frown. She grabbed the small cup bag and put 4 donuts in it and stuffed them into her shirt. Liv grabbed another and bit it. Liv kept moving the whole time and was now standing behind Krys.

Alie was watching Tori and Krys, who were speaking quietly to each other at the door, Alie sighed;

"Ladies, Listen..."

Alie started to say something.

Krys really had heard enough from both Alie and Tori, Krys blinked her eyes the tears she had been holding back fell clearing her sight. Then out of nowhere a tanto blade appeared then disappeared from Krys's extended arm follow through. 

"SHUT UP!" Krys Yelled.

The blade had sunk 2 inches deep into Tori's kitchen counter after it had passed through Alie's coffee cup pinning it in place.

"HolyShit Krys!" Alie exclaimed

"Have I got everyones attention. Good I'm, we're leaving. If you both want to continue doing whatever you were doing fine. If we're fired, fine, kicked out of school. I don't care."

Krys eyes move back and forth between Tori and Alie. Krys continued;

"If you try to send Crey heroes or cops after me. Tell em to bring alot of bodybags. I haven't lost a fight in years."

Krys looked right at Tori and said;

"I'm sorry for whatever I did. We keep talking about Laters, Thats today at 5pm or there is no later."

Liv started to pull Krys down the hallway and out of the building. This part Liv knew well.

"We gotta go, Now Krys! Hurry Up Lets go, lets go."

Edited by American Valor
clarify who was speaking
  • Like 1

FBSA Home Page

Written with American Valor

PCU

Tori barely flinched at the blade. She’d give up her security deposit for that but knowing her landlord, that was an inevitable conclusion anyway.

In that moment, Tori took in the details of the blade. This was something she knew well and a quick glance told her a lot.

Krys was right and Tori knew it. They weren’t going to solve anything right now. There was too much emotion and tension in the air.

“Five PM tonight it is.” She sighed as Liv dragged Krys out and down the hallway.

Alie was actually studying the blade sticking into the counter. The blade was Tanto style without a guard all metal construction it was deadly sharp.

Tori turned to Alie. “You might as well go after them. Keep your toys in line.” She said without really much emotion, just matter-of-fact.

Alie considered many things this was savageble she chose her words carefully.

"Their not toys, their our friends. I could talk to Krys if you want?" Alie said.

Tori frowned. “I’m sorry it worked out this way. I’m sorry you think I’m bad because I do hero work. Good luck with whatever you have to do.”

"I'm a college student, Crey has done good by me and my family. I got a scholarship, They fixed our house it was destroied during a super's battle. Not all capes are bad but they don't stick around to help either. It would be nice if we had Rescue Heroes. I don't think you're bad Tori. Honestly I really don't know you, what I know could fit in a thimble. So maybe we can try again you're Tori and I'm Alice Devero my friends call me Alie."

Tori is taken aback a bit by Ali’s change of stance. Perhaps without the others around she didn’t have to posture so much.

She takes a deep breath and walks over to Ali.

“Victoria Hanes-Sykes. You can call me Tori.” She holds out her hand to shake Ali’s.

“I’m sorry we got off on the wrong foot this morning. Krys is a bit volatile. If you could help calm her down I’d appreciate it.”

Alie smiled softly while pointing at the Tanto.

"Me too, Sorry about Liv as well. She has boundry issues I've discovered. Do me a favor you keep that. I'll let you sleep cause lord knows I could use a nap. This was too bad really, we could have all spent the time wrestling." 

Alie face blushed as she moved over to the door to leave.

"We had a great view while you were picking up the clothes. Bye Tori."

Tori walked Ali to the door, smiling and blushing a bit.

Alie turned and gave Tori a quick kiss on the cheek before she slipped out the door.

• Like 1

RP on Everlast: 

PCU

Alie left the building with a smug look on her face then started to laugh to herself. * Poor Tori  might be a match for her physically but she would need to learn to how to keep control if she wanted to join in her Reindeer games.* she thought then Laughed again.  Alie called, arranging for an Uber to meet her near the Green.

Meanwhile across the campus...

Max and Sandi were working out together in Daniel's school dojo. 

" Listen lover boy, I don't care who you sleep with just don't shove it in my face." Sandi said. While flippin Max over her shoulder then striking with a side kick.

Max recovered from the kick and used his size to redirect the sparing back to the center of the mats. They hadn't spared for sometime they were matched in skill and style. Most would think Max had the advantage due to size and weight. They would be suprized to find the cheerleader could put the super into super model as once again Sandi went on the offensive...

Elsewhere ...

Two co-eds raced acrossed campus heading to the Shabby 2 Shiek thrift store they needed clothes fast...

FBSA Home Page

Tori leaned against the door trying to figure out what went on. Eventually she gave up, knowing that this was going to be an ongoing mess.

She cleaned up her place a bit and changed into some real clothes before heading over to the Cup and Saucer.

“Time to get this done, I guess. From one confusing mess to another.”

She walked in and made the order for the double espresso chocolate mint latte.

She saw Saul subtly perk up at her order, and then go back to get something.

It seemed to take a long time, but eventually the drink came to her, and Saul gave her a nod.

She looked around and found a booth to sit and slid in, sipping her coffee. "Not bad for a weird order."

RP on Everlast: 

PCU - Cup and Saucer

"Good seeing you again Sandi keep next wednesday free we'll hit the range, Gotta go hot date."

Max said as he ran out a towel hitting the gym door.  

"Jerk!" Sandi shouted at his back with a laugh then grumble.

Max strolled into the Cup and Saucer he was covered in a light sweat and hair just a bit ruffled.

Max moved up and picked up his drink from the counter.

"How about 2 large fruit cocktails to our table plz, thanks" Max asked.

"Sure thing Superstar." Saul said wIth a grin.

Max walked over to where Tori was sitting. Max was wearing a black long sleeve underarmor shirt and training shorts.

Max smiled at Tori holding up his drink.

"Funny meeting you here, mind if I sit." Max said while slipping into the seat across from Tori.

"How's the drink, Tori?"

Edited by American Valor
spl

FBSA Home Page

Tori looked up at Max as he stood there grinning and filling out his shirt rather well.

She still looked a little disheveled from the night before with no make-up or any effort to look good. She had on an “Oasis” T-shirt and jeans.

“Sit your ass down hotshot. The drink’s, not too bad for a super-secret code drink.” She said with half a smile.

“Just finish a workout or are you just naturally swol and sweaty?” She jokes somewhat sarcastically.

She rubs her eyes, realizing she probably looks like she hasn’t slept…which isn’t too far from the truth.

“So what exciting news do you have for me?” She asks, her voice a little more tired-sounding than she’d like.

RP on Everlast: 

PCU- Cup and Saucer

Max smiles at Tori  and flexes his Bicep while lifting his coffee.

"Oh that's just natural, you should see me after a night out."

Max watched her Tori looked and sounded wrecked he almost felt bad for her.

"So you been swimming all night at that club?" Max smiles.

"I heard that there's a manhunt going on for that Nightman guy. The news reported he took down a large crew of those Outcast guys. Susposed to be eyewittnesses."

Max put his cup down still smiling. A waitress dropped off two fresh fruit salads.

"Let's eat. I heard from a friend that guy was elsewhere but he still could have done it and just not remember."

Max took a fork full of the fruit salad grinning. 

FBSA Home Page

16 hours ago, American Valor said:

"So you been swimming all night at that club?" Max smiles.

“Uh no. Was just out at the D last night for a while. Then had a crappy start to my day. Sorry, just a little tired.”

She wondered why he was always so cheery and upbeat.

16 hours ago, American Valor said:

"I heard that there's a manhunt going on for that Nightman guy. The news reported he took down a large crew of those Outcast guys. Supposed to be eyewitnesses."

Tori almost spit out her coffee when he mentioned the Outcasts.

“Wait…what?” She quickly tried to recover, saved by the timely arrival of the waitress.

“So…what’s this about Outcasts and this Nightman person? And what eyewitnesses? I heard there was something, but it was the middle of the night. Who would have been around to see that?”

Tori pokes at the fruit salad, taking small bites.

RP on Everlast: 

Written with Tenaxa

PCU-Cup and Saucer

Max ignored Tori's reaction; He had been doing that all day with everyone. He was aware of the gas from Warburg that was released was messing with heroes and villains causing a real free for all. Max didn’t care if they came at him and that few that did he met them head on. The Medic had warned him he need 24 hours for it to clear his system.

Maybe Tori didn't like fruit salad? 

"If you want something else I can get it for you. I'm juicing and eating light. Game tomorrow."

“No, no…this is good.” Tori replied and ate a little of the fruit.

Max reached onto his bag and pulled out his pad then placed it down and hit two buttons. The display jumped to life with HNN's Anchor Gwendolyn S. Lee ((a weather girl turned anchor)):

HNN Anchor G.S.Lee turned 3/4 to face the camera. A video ran in the background; several emergency vehicles, lights flashing with rescue crews everywhere in the early hours

"Last night In Steel Canyon near the Paragon City University Dorms there was an attack by members of the Outcast. This attack had been stopped reportedly by the vigilante known as Midnight Avenger. He is now wanted by the Paragon PD and FBSA for questioning. Two Outcast Leaders are in critical condition and a third was reported dead at the scene. A dozen gang members were treated for their injuries before being transported. The brutality of this attack fits the MO of this vigilante Detective Rogers said. Several eyewitnesses place Midnight Avenger at the scene as well. If anyone has any information or knows the whereabouts of the Midnight Avenger they are asked to contact Detective Rogers at the Steel Canyon Police Department or call the FBSA tipline @18885551234. He should be treated as armed and dangerous. That number for the tip line is..."

Max takes a swig from his drink while watching Tori’s reaction.

Tori stared at the scene. That confirmed it; this was Krys and Tori’s work. She hadn’t realized the sheer number of guys that had come at them. She’d just kept hitting them as they came out of that alley.

She rotates her shoulder a little, realizing that it is a little stiff and sore. Between the fight and the…’activity’ afterwards, she was a little achy. But the morning’s stress had distracted her.

"Dang I'm starving do you want anything else I gotta have protein." Max said.

Max’s question snapped Tori out her thoughts and back to the present.

“What? Um, no this is good. Thanks for getting it.” She replied taking a bite of fruit. “Damn, that’s a lot of dudes…you think this Midnight guy could have done that alone?”

Tori can’t stop staring at the scene, replaying the fight in her head. The Outcasts they interrogate are going to talk. They aren’t going to put the finger on the Midnight Avenger, they are going to point to two women. And Tori realizes that she was wearing street clothes so could be identified.

“I…don’t think it was that Avenger dude. Um…if you look at the scene, it had to be at least two or three people against them.”

She freezes and reverses the scene, stopping it at points to single out where and how gangers must have landed suggesting multiple opponents.

“That or whomever this was might have been super-fast. Like Synapse level fast, which is pretty unlikely. I only know of a couple of people that fast.”

Max watchs Tori listening to what she is saying.

"Could be Avenger, could be a copycat/clone or someone else.  I'd like to believe it was, but if Avenger stood right there tactically Avengerr could have taken them all. Hmm"

Max mumbles to himself while eating a strawberry.

"but you think he would remember something like that?"

Max spun the pad around and pulled up the P.C.M.E. report information and a picture of the victim from his university ID appeared.

Max looked at Tori

• Like 1

FBSA Home Page

written with American Valor

PCU-Cup and Saucer

Max spun the pad around and pulled up the P.C.M.E. report information and a picture of the victim from his university ID appeared. Max looked at Tori and tapped at the picture it enlarged showing a smaller picture in the corner and an information file.

Personal File of Mr Willet Thomas Jonson 4th

Name Willet Jonson SWM age 22 height 6'0" weight 200 Brown hair and eyes

Studying PreMed Honor student Alpha Beta Kappa GPA 3.75 No steady partner.

Several school police incidents several involving scalping sports tickets. 1 lewd acts while intoxicated.

open container. None of the charges had any consequences of action, He had never even received any type of punitive action in his school file, they just sorta went away.

On a different note the family made a large donation to the university in the sum of $750 k.

The next file was a copy of the official P.C.M.E. report:

Cause of Death: Death from Affixation /Poison

Victim's Name Willet Thomas Jonson 4th AKA: Willet Jonson

SWM age 22 height 6'0" weight 200 Brown hair and eyes

Blood type O

Was apparently sexually active only victims DNA was found

Death was caused by poison Ingested/ absorbed through skin contact from multiple locations

Drugs found in system cause unconsciousness.

Cuts on back of neck were made with some type of razor blade appears that was a possible site of injection

The razor cut appears to spell the word KOA

Bruising on chest from CPR no other marks found on body

Toxicology reports:

Various drugs that cause unconsciousness

Ingested Poison

Lipstick residue color a blue/black traces of a poison agent in lipstick

"So the mystery man isn't so squeaky clean after all?" looking at Tori.

"What do you think about this Kiddo?"

Tori looks up at Max. “This dude did something bad to someone…or many someones. He probably got off without repercussions. His parents are rich, they know the right people, and he is…was an entitled rich kid who never understood what could happen. Never had to pay the price.”

She sits back looking at the ceiling. “Dang, I doubt this was a direct victim revenge. The stuff cut into his neck is too much of a calling card or meaningful mark. Probably a vigilante that had seen enough of this dude getting away with it.”

Max shakes his head no in response, but doesn't say anything.

:Well, tell you what, I’m going to dig into this a bit more. Do some research. See if this particular marking or something similar pops up anywhere else. See if victims might similar in that they hide behind money.”

She sips on her coffee and then leans forward to whisper.

“And in the future, just add a code word to your texts so I know it is you. Trying to track what number you are using is getting silly.”

Max just grunts uncommittedly while scarfing down the rest of his fruit.

• Like 1

RP on Everlast: 

PCU-Cartright 1 Dorms

Alie:

The Uber pulled up in front of the dorms. Alie stepped out of the car headed straight to the stairwell and headed to the 3rd floor. From her large tote bag. Alie slipped on her black and olivegreen glove with the black mat hardwear on her left hand. The security tape on the door was still in tact. Alie entered the apt arriving before Krys and Liv. Alie set the stage two  small open and empty suitcases. On the bed was Liv's blue chalked covered clothes mixed in with Alie's own underthings in the middle of the bed. Alie removed the gauntlet and her sneakers then padded soundlessly into the kitchen. Alie prepared the breakfast sandwiches and made more coffee. She sat and waited for Krys and Liv to show up,

Krys and Liv

Liv led Krys into the thrift store no matter what she said, Krys just couldn't stop crying. Except for the owner/operator no one else was in the store. Liv spoke up.

"Hi this is my sister and best friend she was thrown out with out any clothes or anything that was the only things that I had that kinda sorta fit her. Can you help us even if it's just a pair of pants?"

Liv looked at her pleadingly. Mrs Macenroy looked over at the two young women who were shivering and with a small smile said. 

"Of course I can help you deary. You can call me Edna lets get started by warming you up by the heater."

Edna Macenroy knew all to well the plight of young women in this city. She took her time with them, gave them hot coco and towels to dry off and warm up. Her own daughters were long grown so she adopted them for the moment. They both looked like they could use a mom. Liv and Krys were thankful. They were finished 45 minutes later with several outfits and a promise that if they needed jobs or anything to come back.

A little while later they returned to the apt to a mildly happy reunion of friends. They relaxed with food, drinks and talks of nothing important. They just hurt, cried and gave sorrowful hugs then they all napped for a while.

Edited by American Valor
fixed post errors
  • Like 1

FBSA Home Page

Tori shrugs at Max as she picks at her fruit and sips her coffee.

“Weird things are going on around here. Or maybe I’m just imagining things. Normally I can separate things and keep them clear. Recently everything seems to be mashing together.”

Finally finishing her fruit, Tori looks at Max.

“Listen, I gotta get going. I need to get my head clear and that means it is workout time. You’ll let me know if anything else comes up?”

She gathers up her stuff and gets ready to head out.

“Thanks for the fruit.”

RP on Everlast: 

PCU - Tai Chi Club

Professor Cao finished class early with a frank discussion with his special class room guest Jon Danger. With class review finished they made there way outside to the Green.

"So you gonna show me your gym or what?" Jon said.

"You come all this way to say Hi and the first thing you want to see is the Kwoon." Daniel smiled at Jon. "Thank you my friend that makes me happy."

As they continued walking and talking several students had begun following them this did not go unnoticed by either of them.

"Of course I want to see this place of your final defeat. You dog from the hells of one hundred burning flames." Jon growled

Daniel tried not to laugh with his reply he was not so good at this.

"You dog?, Really? I mean with my fist of the nprthen hells of boiling oil I shall..,"

Daniel just could not finish and laughed first, Jon guffawed.

"Oh my friend, we must work on that sense of humor." Jon said.

The students following them were not sure what was going on but were relieved when both men starting laughing.

They had arrived at the entrance of the Tai Chi Club and office of Professor Daniel Cao.

Edited by American Valor
spl
  • Like 1

FBSA Home Page

PCU - Cup and Saucer 

On 4/17/2023 at 11:08 AM, Tenaxa said:

She gathers up her stuff and gets ready to head out.

“Thanks for the fruit."

Max smiled and stood up with out a prompt, he reached out and hugged Tori. While the embraced was innocent Tori could feel and sense the strength Max posessed. Max spoke quickly,

"I'm out of town in PA leaving later tonight, Call Saul in an emergency. I have an off grid contact watching things for me. Be careful out there. The hug was because you looked like you needed one."

Max finished the hug with a smile. He failed to notice Craig eating in the rear of the dining area seeing the exchange.

FBSA Home Page

14 hours ago, American Valor said:

Max smiled and stood up with out a prompt, he reached out and hugged Tori. While the embraced was innocent Tori could feel and sense the strength Max posessed.

Tori returns Max’s hug, holding him for a bit. She did need that hug this morning and as much as she hated to admit it, Max was annoyingly likeable. His strong arms helped her feel safe for the moment.

“Thanks Max. And good luck this weekend. Make’em wish they’d never heard of the Bullet.” She grins and heads out.

She decides the dojo will be a better place to get out her frustrations and heads that way.

RP on Everlast: 

PCU - Tai Chi Yoga Club

They had arrived at the entrance of the Tai Chi Club and office of Professor Daniel Cao. The door had the life tree with Chinese writing under it. Above the door was a teak wooden sign which read:

*Tai Chi Yoga*

The bushes, plants and pathway around the door was being maintaned. The security cage light had been replaced with a security wall latern.

Inside the Kwoon the wall hanging were written in chinese script with translated english notes pages placed on the side table under the script. A small seection near the front held a speed bag and a heavy bag, two training dummies Jim for light training the Kiju  for very heavy training. Along that wall area were also a display of training weapons including a barrel of Bo staffs. From the door a path led to the back where there was a small washer and dryer in the first aid room. Training gi's were available, they hung on the wall outside each locker rooms area. In the front near the door was the SeiFu's area / Professor Cao's office. On the office walls were pictures and posters of some of the most famous martial artists from over the years. With a large poster of Master Bruce Lee above the desk. Also in the back of the office was a completely refurbished universal machine.  

Daniel stopped watching as Jonny 'Kid Dangerous' Danger paused and removed his jacket placing it on the ground in front of the open door. Then removed his boots and socks while he stood on his Jacket. Jon reached into his cargo pocket and removed a vial of what appeared to be dirt. First he bowed to Daniel then he bowed to the Kwoon before he stepped in. He waited for Daniel to enter. Daniel followed suit and once inside picked up the items and carried them to his office. Jon stood off the mats facing the front of the Kwoon waiting.

The students who had been following weren't sure if they should follow so they stood by recording and watching what was happening.

SeiFu Cao stepped out of his office. 

"Please come in remove your shoes and place them on the shoe shelves next to the door please remain standing."

Daniel made his way to the front of the Kwoon and waited till the dosen or so students had done as asked. Daniel bowed to the front then turned to the honored guest and finally to Jon.

Jon returned the bow first to the front of the Kwoon then to SeiFu Cao then to the honored guest. Finally Jonny steppend onto the mat. He walked slowly to the front and stopped directly in fromt of SeiFu Cao. Jonny dropped to one knee and presented the vial to SeiFu Cao.

“Nín de qǐngqiú yǐ huòzhǔn,Kwoon yóu lín qīngfú dàshī jiāchí, cóng shéndiàn de tǔ zhōng chéng shèng. Nín liú zài zhìzūn chéng de qǐngqiú yǐ huòzhǔn.”

((translates from Chinese))

"Your request has been granted the Kwoon is sanctified by the earth from the temple grounds as blessed by Grandmaster Seifu Lin. Your request to stay in Paragon City has been granted."

Seifu Cao squared his shoulders and accepted the vial, he took one step back turned around and placeed it in front of the picture of a very old Grandmaster which sat on a simple table  then Seifu Cao moved back to Jonny and  turned to stand next to him and they both gave a deep bow to the front of the kwoon and then each other. they turned to the students that were their and grinned 

"So who is hungry?" Jon said

"What!?!" Daniel said as his Uncle Wu stepped out of the back.

"Please come and eat we have plenty of food and drinks"

Edited by American Valor
correction

FBSA Home Page

Tori was getting close to the dojo when she saw the small crowd.

“Oh what now? I don’t need this today.” She grumbles to herself as she approaches.

She can hardly get to the door and thinks about giving up but really needs to get out some frustration.

As she navigates the crowd she hears people;

“It’s Kid Dangerously!”

“I can’t believe it’s really him!”

“I’m going to get his autograph.”

“His last movie was awesome.”

Tori paused. She’d heard of this guy because he was all over hero media. He was apparently a movie star as well as a registered and highly respected hero.

She sighed. “Just what I need.”

On 4/21/2023 at 12:43 AM, American Valor said:

"Please come in remove your shoes and place them on the shoe shelves next to the door please remain standing."

She leaned against the wall outside as the crowd fumbled with their shoes.

She just wanted to work out her frustrations. Not deal with a bunch of starry-eyed fans. Maybe there were some thugs out there that needed attention.

Edited by Tenaxa

RP on Everlast: 

PCU - Tai Chi Yoga Club

In a matter of moments several plates of food and can drinks had disappeared, It is a well known fact that college students never turn down food. Jonny was gracious with everyone. He posed for a few pictures with students and signed autographs. Then those students headed to classes or to the Student Union.

Tristan and John  began picking up cups and sweeping the floor right away Daniel nodded while speaking to his Uncle Wu and Jonny.

"How did you know Uncle? I only found out this morning that Jonny was actually going to be here today. Jonny told me he was was going to drop by class today. That's why you were here!?!" 

"Jonny calls me all the time find out how Uncle is doing. He brought me fresh ground coffee and jar of red beans from home, He's a good boy." Uncle smiles at Daniel, "You pretty okay too."

Jonny grinned,

"I was in Hong Kong shooting the final edit of a remake when Seo Jinn arrived with a message and invation from Master Yao. Of course I had to accept. I returned to the temple with her. Long story short Master Yao petitioned on your behalf. Yep he did, and with gusto and reverance. You would have been proud and fallen over as if hit by a stick." Jonny laughed while taking a picture of Daniel face. "Pretty much just like that one, going in my scrapbook. Obvious Grandmaster Lin said yes, I have a few items of personal note they sent to you, for you to read in private. I called Uncle Wu let him know I was on my way here told him not to tell you, Btw where is our team symbol at QK?"

Edited by American Valor
spl

FBSA Home Page

Tori waited for the small crowd to go in. She recognized a couple of them from the Tai Chi class. She then moved in, removing her own shoes and snuck into the locker room. She quickly changed into sweats and came back out just in time to see everyone devouring food and drinks.

She’d eaten already so just helped clean up, grabbing a broom and picking up soda cans.

Helping clean was good; it took her mind off the various stresses in her life. She listened in as they talked about something from Hong Kong. It as something important as Daniel looked downright stunned.

RP on Everlast: 

PCU 

Max walked into the Kitchen area and spoke with Saul while Saul was making up a new protine sandwich wrap made with Spinch.

"Try it."

As he handed it to Max. Max took the wrap and ate it then made a face.

"I don't hate it, the Spinach could be replaced with Kale I think it would be better."

Saul wrote on the new item menu board *The Bullet Wrap, support the team in spirit get your's Today.* Saul turned to Max.

"So how deep is it?"

"Not sure I have MA2 on deck in case Tenaxa  call for back up, We are watching for a copycat who might be looking to frame MA. So all in all deep." Max whispered to Saul.

Max showed Saul a small black metal credit card.

"I can be back here in moments if need be, Okay."

Saul looked at Max and gave him a Bullet Wrap to go this one with Kale.

"Be safe." Saul waved as Max exited from the kitchen door.

Cartwright Dorms Apts

Krys woke up sandwiched between Alie and Liv.They were all dressed minus their jackets and footwear. She hurt all over she hadn't minded. She'd been hurt before except this time someone besides Liv cared, or so she thought. It hurt to think about. How could Tori not tell her she was a hero. She told Tori what happened. What was she playing at? Did Tori really like her, She flushed slightly remembering last night. If Tori was acting she should get an Oscar.  Krys dismissed that as she extracted herself from Liv.

Liv told her that Tori was ambushed with information and acted before she could think. Krys told her what she said, they said to each other. Why would Tori use it like a weapom aganist her the only explaination was she was a stinking lying hero just like all the ones from the isles. Liv held Krys as she cried again telling her to give Tori a chance to explain. Liv kept telling Krys not to follow Alie's advice unless she wanted to fight Tori. Liv just knew the advice was wrong. then they had fallen asleep.

Now Krys got up and streched her left arm and shoulder. They were on fire as she moved them. Mental note don't move left arm unless attacked.  Krys slowly got undressed than climbed into the shower Krys turned on the hot water letting her body soak in the heat. The more she tried not to think about Tori the more she thought about Tori. By the time Krys got out of the shower she knew exactly what she was gonna do weather Tori showed up or not...

Later...

Krys texted Tori. *Babe meet me at Tastee Diner 5:00 pm sharp, please don't be late. love K* message sent. 

Krys walked passed a guy selling flowers on the roadside and stopped getting some then continued to the diner with a smile.

FBSA Home Page

Tori helped to clean and tried to stay out of the way. It looked like something important was going on with Daniel, Johny, and the old guy.

She went over to a training dummy and started in on it. She angrily assaulted the innocent training equipment. She was not balanced; her dad would tell her that her Chi was scattered. Her movements, though powerful, were imprecise. She quietly swore at herself for every little mistake. She finally stopped, shaking out her hand after jamming her finger.

A quiet string of curse words escaped.

She did some lifting for a while before finally going in and getting cleaned up.

When she was getting dressed she noticed a text on her phone.

On 4/25/2023 at 6:41 PM, American Valor said:

Krys texted Tori. *Babe meet me at Tastee Diner 5:00 pm sharp, please don't be late. love K* message sent. 

Tori stared at the message and slowly sat down. All those emotions from the last couple days bubbled back up. Her gut was in knots again and her head was swimming.

“Damn. Guess I knew this was coming. I’ll get yelled at again. Guess I deserve it for whatever reason.”

She started to text back, stopped, and erased. Repeated that several times and finally settled on:

*See you there!* With a heart emoji.

She shrugged and finished getting dressed.

Edited by Tenaxa

RP on Everlast: 

Written with Tenaxa

PCU-Tai Chi Club

While Jonny, Daniel, and Uncle Wu were talking. John, Tristian and Tori finished grabbin the garbage The guys noticed something was up with her but before either could say anything further;

On 4/26/2023 at 10:36 AM, Tenaxa said:

She went over to a training dummy and started in on it. She angrily assaulted the innocent training equipment. She was not balanced; her dad would tell her that her Chi was scattered. Her movements, though powerful, were imprecise. She quietly swore at herself for every little mistake. She finally stopped, shaking out her hand after jamming her finger.

A quiet string of curse words escaped.

She did some lifting for a while before finally going in and getting cleaned up.

Uncle Wu had taken Daniel into his office neither realized Jonny had stayed back. He was speaking with the guys and then he said goodbye to John and Tristan. 

Jonny had returned back to the mats bowing and then went to the training dummies. He inspected both Jim and Kiju. He removed the locking pin and pushed the arm it spun freely back towards him from the other direction. He started to strike then block as he worked a routine using Kiju.

When Tori came out after getting cleaned up she noticed Jonny working the practice dummy. 

She watched for a bit; he was good. Well, better than good, he was simply amazing. She sighed to herself thinking that was someone who had their Chi aligned correctly. 

Even in her mood, she knew a good opprotunity when she saw it, and continued to watch and learn. She was a natural at picking this kind of thing up, and she would easily remember any new techniques.

Jonny was aware of being watched by the same person he had been watching earlier she had potential but seemed to not have focus or clarity either way she was dangerous if uncontrolled he planned on speaking to Daniel. She was watching so he just touched a grain of the black sand and his hands disappeared in a wisp of black smoke.

Tori was confused for a moment as Jonny suddenly disappeared. She recovered quickly and moved over to where Jonny had been and sniffed at the lingering smoke. 

"Smells like magic." She shrugged. "So Jonny boy has a lot of tricks up his sleeve. All the cool kids do I guess."

She heads out, thinking through the various routines Jonny ran through, going over them repeatedly in her head.

Jonny watched her leave from the locker room entrance she appeared to be lost in thought so he bowed and excused her.

• Like 1

FBSA Home Page

Tori made her way across campus and then looked at her phone for directions. Tastee Diner wasn’t too far away and she figured she could walk it.

The workout hadn’t helped much. Normally she could take out her frustrations, but she wasn’t sharp with her technique, and it simply frustrated her further.

Tori walked, lost in her thoughts about the last couple days and going through the styles she saw from Jonny in her head. Normally fairly observant, she was paying little attention to where she was going when she rounded a corner into an alley, practically bumping into a trio of Tsoo who were shaking down some poor businessman.

She almost apologized before she realized what was going on and dropped into a combat stance.

“Well, what have we here?” The apparent leader of the group growled, his voice sounding a little like he’d swallowed broken glass.

A thug in a red Gi dropped the businessman he was holding by the collar and tossed down a bunch of caltrops around Tori. He grinned evilly, while another thug drew a small crossbow.

Tori swore to herself but lept free of the field of caltrops, hitting Mr. crossbow in the chin with her knee. A series of blows left red Gi slumped against a dumpster.

Pain rippled through Tori as the leader hit her with a quick blow to the kidney. Then he started winding up, gathering energy for a powerful strike.

“Geez, you guys think this is some kind of anime fight where I wait for you to power up?” She quipped as she slammed him with an uppercut, lifting him off the ground. The follow-up curb-stomp put him out for the fight.

“How you like that dragon-ball boy.”

A subtle clink of metal was all that allowed her to react, as shuriken flew at her. Grabbing a trash can lid she turned to block them. On a good day she’d have gotten both. Today was not a good day.

One made a metal-on-metal sound and stuck into the lid, while the other hit the lower her side. Fortunately, she turned with it, and it caught a rib that partially deflected it, but it left a good-sized gash in her.

She yelped in pain as drops of blood hit the wall behind her.

The Tsoo thug tried to push his advantage, but Tori recovered, dodging his kick. She got inside his guard and smashed his nose with her elbow. As he reacted she threw him onto his own field of caltrops. One of them must have hit something critical because he shuddered then immediately stopped moving.

She cursed as gripped her side, trying to staunch the bleeding.

The terrified businessman looked up at her, still clearly scared.

“Oh, um…you’re welcome. Get out of here. I’ll come back later and make sure your shop is ok. I don’t want these jerks messing with you.”

As he ran off, Tori tore pieces of the Tsoo Gi’s that looked semi-clean and used them to clean up and make a makeshift bandage. The wound was messy but looked far worse than it was. It needed a few stitches, but Tori didn’t have time for that.

She secured her makeshift bandage and tried to focus her Chi to help slow the bleeding. It was partially successful and she hoped the bandage wouldn’t leak too much.

Pulling a sweatshirt out of her bag she pulled it on over her now bloody T-shirt.

Taking a look at her phone she swore. She’d had plenty of time, but now she was late. If she ran, that was sure to open the wound further, so she took off walking at a fast pace.

She finally saw the diner and went up to the door. As she reached for the door handle she realized her hands were still pretty dirty, including blood stains. Looking into the diner, she saw Krys, but thought she could get to the bathroom without being seen.

She entered the diner and quickly dodged to the bathroom. As she washed her hands she saw herself in the mirror. She cursed quietly to herself and ran her fingers through her hair.

“You look like crap girl.” She said to her reflection as she tried to clean herself up. She winced as she straightened up, the kidney blow starting to cause tightness in her lower back.

“That’s gonna leave a mark.” She said, touching it gingerly. “Ouch.”

Having done what she could she took a deep breath and walked out to where Krys was sitting.

RP on Everlast: