Paragon University ((Open RP))

American Valor

PCU Off Campus

Earlier that afternoon...

Krys had managed to walk several city blocks with a nice early afternoon cool breeze. She had styled her hair differently and wore what could only be described as a working girls long fake zebra print styled fur coat. She wore black style Ray Bans and her boots. After she had picked up the flowers She notice two young men following her. Finally she stopped then looked directly at them. Krys lowered her sunglasses with a sinister smile. They both bolted. Krys laughed, waved as the two Outcast ran. When she looked up she could see the Tastee Diner sign.

The diner had been rebuilt several times by the owner/operators John and Elizabeth Bain. The building was a stand alone two story building the front half was mostly a giant wrap window glass with chairs and tables booths along the outer wall, a long dining counter with stools made up the front before the kitchen. The rest rooms were located near the front entrance. They were one of the few area resturants with private dining available. When Krys entered Beth approached her,

"Welcome to the Tastee Diner My name is Beth, How can I help you?" she said.

Krys looked at her for a moment and blinked.

"Are you okay honey?" Beth asked with concern this time.

"Um oh yes, sorry, I didn't ahh. a table for two, please I guess? They will be here at 5, I hope." Krys finally stammered out. 

Beth smiled sweetly  "Well how about I set you up in a corner booth. I can bring you a hot toddie to warm you."

"That would be nice, very nice." Krys answered.

Krys sat down where Beth told her than placed her flowers on the table. A few moments later Beth returned with the drink. Beth told Krys to just wave if she needed anything.

That Was Then...

This is Now...

Krys had long finished her drink and had just sat and waited. She knew she had been early, so she waited. She tried not to watch the clock, So she waited some more.

Beth btought her a glass of water to put the flowers in, then checked on her twice more. Krys continued to wait, 5:00 pm came and went and she waited. Krys stopped watching the door it was about 10 after so she didn't notice the woman rush into the bathroom. 

It was 5:20 pm Now. Krys looked out the window to the street then she turned back looking up and... 

On 5/2/2023 at 4:17 PM, Tenaxa said:

Having done what she could she took a deep breath and walked out to where Krys was sitting

Locked eyes with Tori. It didnt matter she was late or looked like hell wearing baggy clothes and was that the smell of blood. Krys came up from the table and embraced Tori. It was a little too tight for the both of them. Even tho Krys left side burned like fire she clung to Tori in the hug.

"I'm sorry, I won't do it again, I promise, I won't leave you I swear." Krys whispered mumbled while kissing Tori's face. Then stopped.

"You're hurt." Krys said.

She removed her coat then enveloped Tori in it while guiding her to the table to sit. It was obvivous now why she was wearing the long coat...

When you wake up seek the courage and strength to do the right thing.
Decide that this will be another day in which you Walk The Talk.

American Valor Sentinel of Liberty

RP Forums: Paragon University thread

FBSA Home Page

Written with American Valor

PCU- Off Campus Tastee Diner 

Tori winced in pain at the hug but hugged back. She held Krys tight, happy to see her, happy to be with her.

“No, it’s nothing. Just a scratch. Sorry I’m late. Met some old friends on the way.” She gives a wry grin.

Tori self-consciously runs her fingers through her hair, still trying to get it to look presentable.

“You look…really nice Krys." Tori couldn't help but stare.

Krys was wearing a tight black leather bustier corset with tight black leather pants her DM boots. She spent quite some time putting her hair into cornrows. She looked at Tori with a small smile, then looked away to the flowers.

"Um thank you, I wanted to look special for you. I brought you some flowers, I hope you like em, Here." 

Krys reached down and removed a small stick like device from her belt then passed it to Tori. It was a small first aid healing spray. it had 3 charges left.

"I would feel alot better if you used it." Krys said as she joined Tori scooting in next to her in the booth.

Tori took the device as she slipped into the booth.  Once they were well-hidden in the booth she pulled up her sweatshrit to expose her wound. With practiced ease she sprayed under the bandage and around the wound.  It quickly provided the desired result, stopping the bleeding and providing accelerated healing. 

"Thanks Krys, just didn't have anything on me and I was already late."

She looks at the flowers and smiles. "These are very pretty."

"I would say let's just talk about it later, but that's why were here. This is later, finally." 

Krys face fell with sadness in her eyes as she looked down, 

"You got hurt, because of me. I said no more laters. I'm sorry Tori, I just needed us to talk for you, for me, to understand clearly because you're the one that I want."

Tori smiles. "I was not hurt because of you. I know better than to walk the alleyways and not be alert. And I'll be fine, this won't even scar if I take care of it."

She leans over and kisses Krys' cheek. "Its been a rough day and lots of stuff is going on. So it means a lot that you want to be with me."

The smell of two Hot Toddy's arrived a moment before Beth did with a big smile.

"Hi again and Hello welcome to Tastee's Home of the Atlas Burger. I'll be your waitress today If you're not ready to order just get my attention and I"ll be over in a jiff. So what can I get for you ladies?"

• Like 1

RP on Everlast: 

Primary: Tenaxa (Victoria (Tori) Hanes-Sykes); at least 5 versions and counting

And pretty much any other character I play.

Written with Tenaxa

PCU- Off Campus Tastee Diner

The food ordered, Krys sat very close to Tori. Krys kept fidgeting with her hands till she finally reached out to hold Tori's hand.

Tori held Krys’ hand, interlocking their fingers.

"I was worried you weren't going to show. I'm very happy you're here. It never crossed my mind you could be a hero. You were so hung up on me being a killer. Why didn't you just tell me? Especially after I told you what happened to me when I was a kid."

Tori looks down. “I guess…I don’t know. Sometimes I just think everyone knows. And sometimes I just want to be ‘normal’ Tori again. Not that was or ever will be ‘normal’ Tori.”

She shrugs.

“So yeah, I punch people for a living. Send gangers to the Zig, mostly. Sometimes I help with something bigger. I been doing it for a while now. Not like it is a big deal in this town.”

Krys listen to Tori who treated the idea of being a hero as almost disdainful. That what it sounded like to Krys, She thought and spoke the same.

"Then why do it? You're not one of those heroes; that break in, beat up everyone. then takes their stuff, then make deals for services. This way they don't hav ta go to jail, right. You're not that kind of hero right?"

Krys held Tori's hand trying to remain calm. She grew up hearing bits and pieces of stories about the ruthlessness of the heroes of Paragon. She had experienced that as well. Even across the radio broadcast of WSPDR the radio station of the isles these stories were told. Everybody in the Isle knew; No one cares nothin’ for no one. The first rule of no mercy isle. When they got no use. Get rid of them. The second rule of no mercy isle, Heroes are not to be trusted, The third rule of no mercy isle. Krys knew in her heart it couldn't be true about Tori, but she had to know.

Tori looks surprised at Krys.

“What? No, no one does that. Well, I’m sure there are some that probably do but nobody I know. That’s not what heroes do. Sure, some do it for fame and attention, but even those are doing good. You think I’d live in that dump of an apartment and such if I extorted money from criminals? I’d be living in comfort if I had that kind of money.”

Krys nodded, but mumbled half heartedly looking away.

"Doing good for who? I know how the system works. The big fish get half off the top, then it trickles down to the little one. The smaller the fish the less they get to eat."

Tori takes a deep breath.

“I do it because I can. And because I made a promise.”

She looks at Krys and squeezes her hand.

“Looks like it is time for a story.” She settles in and starts.

“I grew up for a while in an orphanage. It sucked. Ministry of Mercy orphanage in Galaxy City. Now, if you are up to date on your history, you know Galaxy City is destroyed. Well, I was there when the meteors fell. I hid in a Quick-E-Mart while Shivans ravaged things, and Longbow, Arachnos, and various metas ran around fighting them. And each other.”

Tori’s hands shake a little bit as she explains. Krys continued holding Tori's hand with a reassuring firmness.

“I was only about seven years old, hiding in a Quick-E-Mart, with dead people staring at me. I couldn’t save them. I couldn’t do anything because I was little…”

She trails off and looks down, taking a deep breath before continuing.

“I told those people that when I was bigger I’d protect people. I’d fight monsters. And eventually I got that chance. I learned martial arts, and I tried to protect people. But I learned I couldn’t protect everyone. Still, I try to keep people safe. Especially people who can’t take care of themselves.”

“And I take the measly bounties the city gives for bringing in known criminals, when its available.”

Krys pulled Tori even closer giving her a big warm hug,

Beth arrived with the ordered food and placed it down. "Enjoy ladies if you need anything else just wave and I'll be right over."  Beth smiled then move to another table...

• Like 1

FBSA Home Page

written with American Valor

PCU-Tastee Diner

The food was nice and hot straight off the grill. Tori watched as Krys did the strangest thing, She started disassembling her food and rebuilding it while cutting things in half or quarters then setting it aside. Krys looked at Tori questionly and said,

"I think your apartment is nice. For a while we lived on a very old rundown dock, On a half sunk house boat. So you're a city bounty hunter?, and it pays?, So the bigger the bounty the bigger you get paid? Hmm that's what Alie's up too. Why she wanted to recruit you."

Krys smiles as she picks up a 1/4 scale of the Atlas burger and takes a bite.

Tori considers asking about the way Krys was eating but decides against it.

"Well, I'm not truly a bounty hunter. I don't go onto those bounty boards and take jobs there. Just when there is someone on the wanted list or something, the city pays a little to compensate the one or ones that brought them in. A lot of wealthy heroes don't even take the bounties. I do because it helps pay the bills. Vanguard pays too for any help in the war zone."

Tori starts in on her burger, eating it slightly faster than she should.

"There are ways to make some money but no one is getting rich just off of hero work."

Krys smiled actually enjoying eating the real food, no soy or Aeon neutri-paste, the burger tasted so good. Krys grinned at Tori. Krys finished her bite and said,

"What if I told you we had an angle on a bounty and it paid millions? Could that increase your hero rating status? So you can always get the big jobs like that douc,.. I mean Positron guy who gets paid to stand around while you do the work?"

Krys took another bite of her small burger.

“If you told me I could make millions off a bounty I’d say there was a catch. Something worth that much stinks of problems. Or else it is highly illegal.”

She thinks for a moment.

“Is this a real thing or just a hypothetical? I’d have to hear more details before I could make any decision.”

She continues to eat her burger and the accompanying fries.

“And yes, Posi can be a douche-bag at times. Most of the big-shots are. Some of them aren’t too bad once you get to know them and they aren’t all like ‘we have to save the city’.” She grins.

Krys face scrunched up with a sideways glance to Tori,

"I ain't fakin sick, so don't poke fun at me. I pressed Alie about it this mornin' when she started talking all smart. We got no schoolin, we ain't dumb neither. We get by. This schoolin we're in is different but we know things."

Krys started eating her divided fries.  These were just as good as the burger. She had a small smile on her face while watching Tori enjoying her food also.

Tori looked over at Krys and started to clarify ‘hypothetical’ vs ‘hypochondriac’ but decided against it. As Krys said, she and Liv were smart, but clearly lacked some of the finer points of higher education.

"Well, if Allie has all the details and is done making fun of me for being a hero, I'm willing to listen." She shrugs, trying to seem nonchalant about the whole thing.

Tori fretted to herself. She didn't want Krys or the rest of them to go into something highly dangerous and get themselves hurt or worse. The 'get rich quick' jobs tended to be near suicide and were more than often highly illegal.

RP on Everlast: 

PCU-Tastee Diner

They sat quietly both eating and thinking, Krys had eaten about half her fries and half her second 1/4 burger when she set it down and looked at Tori.

"You know I'm not lying to you when I tell ya that I aint no stranger to fightin, right. See I think Alie thinks I just go fightin hopin fer the best, but we have learned tactics and planin'. I try never to go in blind iffen I can help it. I don't like killin much. I will iffen they make me, but I rather not. This here job Alie was tellin me about is serious, See If I understand he's a killer cause he likes it. He likes hurtin people and from what she said he killed the wrong people,  He don't care who he hurts to get what he wants as long as he gets it. Seems everyone wants him too, The gov't. po-lice, FBSA, priviate companie, even other bad guys. They are all willin to pay Alie said. She said it's dangerous to go after him head on, so she is working on plans to see what if anything we could do to make it safer. Alie said she will point out the guy when were ready."

Krys watched Tori so she could try to get a read on her. Then Krys took another bite of the small burger.

Tori paused. 

"I saw you fight Krys. You're a damn expert. Raw talent and could use some cleaning up, but you are really good."

She looks at Krys, who blushed at the compliment.

"I am not sure Alie is on the level, but if this person is that bad, then let's bring them in. Protecting people is what I do, so I'm in if this person is killing indiscriminately."

Krys smiled at Tori, a big smile with a sparkle in her eyes,

"Um, we should go on a date, just the two of us, maybe catch a movie together, train, talk or somethin." 

The slight blush in Krys cheeks remained as she stared at Tori.

Tori smiles at Krys and then leans over and kisses her cheek.

"I'd really like that. Get away from all this serious stuff and have some fun." She grins. "Maybe even get into some trouble."

"I'm dressed for fun and trouble." Krys smirked then added, "Exceptin I'm down a tool. Alie said you had it, ya didn' bring it, did ya? It's okay iffin we need togo back to yer place."

Krys grinned, then she started to wrap the other parts of her food for transport.

RP on Everlast: 

written with Tenaxa

PCU-Tastee Diner

Beth noticed the ladies and saw one of them wrapin  up her food, She thought for a moment and spoke quietly to John while she grabbed a couple of to-go boxes.

"Hi ladies I noticed you were packing up and brought you over some boxes."

"Why?" 

Krys answered as Beth was putting them on the table.

"Why what?"

Beth answered with a questioning sorta confused look on her face.

Krys voice took on a cold hard edge.

"Why what, you been to nice and watching us since I sat down. What do you want me to do? Hmm."

Krys stared at Beth, who was taken slightly aback but smiled.

"Oh well you seemed a little lost and confused when you first came in. I assumed you are packing that for a friend, which is why I brought the to-go boxes." 

Tori watched Krys, a little confused at first, then understanding washed over her. She’d been in a similar state when she was brought into her adopted parent’s home. Not quite because she had several years in an orphanage before being out on her own. She’d had to relearn to live in society a little bit, but Krys never had that.

"Order Up!" the disembody voice called out from the kitchen window along with a ding sound.

"I'll be right back." Beth said with a friendly smile.

“Krys, it is a ‘to-go’ box, just take it and you can put your extra food in it. They’re not trying to do anything wrong.”

She says quietly to Krys in a calm voice and then helps her package up the food. Krys smiles at Tori.

"Are you sure, these little boxes are fancy. Better than the Hungry Dragon."

Krys whispered to Tori. A minute later Beth returned with a mediun sized bag it smelled incredible.

"I saw you ladies are leaving so I ordered you an apple pie to-go, no charge. Before you say no, we give each guest a choice of different pie slices The apples just came out of the oven, so their still hot. So here at Tastee we like everyone to feel welcome. Nothing says Welcome more than hot apple pie."

Beth smiles at them both. Krys was about to ask if this was a trap or something when she felt Tori brush behind her. 

"Oh that's no.., a Thank you." Krys finished, with a glance at Tori. Beth smiled and then moved to another table as they exited.

Once they were outside, Tori stops Krys.

“Listen, if you want to live amongst the ‘normies’ of society, you need some training. I hope I’m not offending but there are some basics that you need to brush up on."

Tori thinks for a moment.  Knowing she isn't going to convince Krys that they are doing it as a favor, she tries a different approach.

"A restaurant will provide to-go boxes or bags for convenience. Helps them get return customers."

Krys raised an eyebrow at Tori then smirked.

"So are you gonna train me all proper like. I don't bite..."

Krys tried to sound innocent while walking next to Tori

"...Much."

FBSA Home Page

PCU - Somewhere in Steel Canyon

The alleyway was littered with multiple bodies. The Lead Brick head bounced off the wall for the third time as he slipped on to the trash covered floor. As he tried to sit up and focus his eyes stared into the large bore pistol pointed at his head.

"Have I got your attention now?" The vigilante knocked back the hammer on the weapon.

"Yea man. All you had to do was ask nicely. You're looking for the people who set you up, right , come on Man. right?"

The MidKnight Avenger just stared quietly at the Lead Brick the gun just pointing and the hand grip flexing.

"I'm telling you man you gotta believe me it was three wacked out women. The two that handled the boys and the one we ment in the hospital. She paid us cash. All we had to say was you jacked us. Figured it add to your rep or somethin. That was before we knew anyone was dead, man. Honest we wouldn't do you like that. Please man we told ya what you wanted to know don't kill us, me."

The lead brick was begining to sob the barrel followed his everyhead movement.

"Name?" the Midknight Avenger asked. The Lead Brick stammered out.

"My N-n-n-ame, Joey...  Joey Patrinoi"

The lead brick said. It happened so fast he didnt even see it. The gun shot foward pistol slapping Joey. His head slammed back into the alley wall and bounced foward back into the barrel of the gun.

"NAME!"

"What name what NAME tell me what to say I'll say anything."

Joey stared looking at MidKnight Avenger and realized what he wanted.

"I dont Know her name, Oh gawd, I swear I don't know Please, please, ple.."

"BOOM!" 

Followed by silience as MidKnight Avenger leapt away in the direction of the PVD. He had a flight to catch.

FBSA Home Page

PCU - The Green 

MELODY

Melody sat on a bench confirming that the girl Max was seeing and eating breakfast-brunch was a local hero college student. The picture of Tenaxa was nice but she was just not cheerleader material, So what was Max doing with her? Mel knew and Max was lucky to be heading to an away game. Mel didn't want to hurt Jenn but that hounddog couldn't keep it in his pants that was a well known fact. Mel wasn't sure how Jenn would take it but better the truth then that bastard getting away with this again. Mel and several other Cheerrleaders sat waiting for Jenn to arrive.

J-TOM

J-Tom sat on the edge of the bed in her dorm room. She knew something was wrong when Max hadn't called or come over last night or wake her up this mornin. So she cleaned her dorm and waited blowing off her morning classes. Then she recieved the photo. Max was holding some bimbo, eating and who knows what else.

J-Tom's temper flared her Irish blood grew hot, *Nobody was gonna take her man not Sandi and not some bimbo, she set them all straight.* J-Tom mind stormed.

Then a few moments later she recieved a call from Mel she acted dumb but she knew what Mel wanted and agreed to meet up with her in a few on the Green,

Edited by American Valor
spl

FBSA Home Page

Written with Tenaxa

PCU-Somewhere near  Campus

Krys walked with Tori holding hands her left hand held the bag as they walked. The sway of her hips kept rhythm with Tori's.

"So how are you feeling? Ready for round two?" Krys asked simply as they wandered.

Tori walked with Krys, grinning at her. “I just might be ready.” *She chuckled and gave Krys’ hand a squeeze.

“But before we do that, I think we need to talk about some things. And I don’t mean ‘we have to talk’. I mean, I’d like to help you out…get you more comfortable in the world of Paragon City. Things work a little differently here.”

Krys just nodded not really understanding the difference between the two meanings of talking.

Tori thinks for a moment.

“Like, let’s say your in a poorer neighborhood in Port Oaks. How you act and deal with people is going to be very different than say, how you’d interact with others in the Golden Giza club. Right? Not that I’ve ever been to the Golden Giza, but I’ve been places kinda like it.”

She shrugs. Krys eyes widen slightly. She knew about the Giza, Tori went to places like that.

“Sometimes you gotta go with things and people will be nice to you because they are nice, not because they are trying to get something from you."

Krys just laughed while looking at Tori who wasn't laughing and appeared serious with a smile.

"Oh no no, thats not right. No seriously. Everyone is always trying to play an angle, sometime you even have to watch those that call you friend."

Krys smile vanished, she looked down still walking with Tori. Krys continued in a remorseful soft small voice

"You wouldn't trick me, or sell me out would you?"

Tori smiled reassuringly at Krys. "Of course not."

Krys smiled at Tori and squeezed her hand, she really wanted to believe Tori, but they had been burned before.

As they headed toward her apartment, Tori realized changing Krys' outlook was going to be a much longer road than she thought. And one that maybe she wasn't equipped to get Krys to follow.

• Like 1

FBSA Home Page

PCU - Criminal Psychology 201

Professor Clemens finished his lecture and was going over the midterm exams, Overall many of the students did well, A surprisingly few were top of the class. Ms Sykes, Mr Cao and of course Mr. Drake. were the ones who umderstood the lessons better then most due to their unique circumstances.  Of the three only Daniel was in class today. It was expected of course the night before a game, away or home was always a party night. So today was no different then any other Friday evening. 

Daniel, Prof Clemens, and Detective Rogers talked about the rise of the vigilantee and their action they were having in the city. The class was split into factions on weather they should be able to act or not. The arguement was the same like always coming back to the crimefighting bill and Might for Right act.

Today had been difference Dective Rogers brought in photo's of different gang members who had been on the recieving end of said Vigilamtee Justice. Some of them had been beaten to near death, His point was simple weather right or wrong this wasn't how you got results.

The class stayed over reviewing case law and reasons why.

Edited by American Valor
more

FBSA Home Page

• 2 weeks later

PCU - Tori's Apartment

Tori and Krys completed the walk to Tori’s apartment chatting about random stuff, keeping it light. They went up to the apartment and entered. Krys’ blade was set neatly on a stand on the counter. Tori knew how to respect a weapon and had made sure it was properly cleaned and not just laying around.

“Your blade, m’lady.” She says, being formal and bowing as she says it.

Krys stopped talking and stared at the blade sitting on display. It looked like hers but it couldn't be. Tears rolled down her face as she fell before Tori onto her knees then bowed.

"Sensi. please forgive my transgressions to your house and person I did not know."

Krys said from the prone position.

Tori looks at her, confused. “What? No…no…” She kneels down with Krys, pulling her up.

“Did you really have a teacher…er, sensi that treated you like this? Get up, I just cleaned up the blade.”

"Hai"

Krys did not resist Tori in any fashion and sat before her, Krys head remained bowed while she was mumbling something in badly broken dialect of Japanese. It sounded like an oath. Krys stopped and looked at Tori.

"For my ignorance I can offer no defense, I am ready to accept any and all punishment, though I am unworthy as I am not dressed in accordance to your teachings. Please I humbly ask only administer punishment to me, For she is my charge."

Krys sat in a position that offered her exposed back to Tori. The lower back was only partially covered with the tight leather bodice. Tori could make out what could only be many, many, healed scarred bokken strikes from her previous Sensi YuriKa.

Krys sat unmoving waiting for the blows that never came, As Tori stared at Krys trying to process exactly what was going on.

Seeing the faint scars Tori thought back to her own training when her dad took her on a trip to Japan. Old, classically trained ninja masters, yelling at her in Japanese. She understood their intent, and their demands, but not their words.

Her dad, who understood only a little Japanese, desperately trying to translate.

It was fortunate that she picked up martial techniques quickly and naturally. But still, the old masters had a teaching ‘style’ that they wanted to apply. Even when she completed a challenge nearly perfectly, she’d get a quick rap on the knuckles or swat with a bamboo switch.

It was when the one teacher/sensi started to whip her repeatedly that her dad stepped in. He grabbed the switch on about the third swing and put the guy on the floor. She never saw that teacher again.

She did see many of the other students with marks on them; some fresh, some older. Though she learned a lot, she was happy to be away from that place at the end of summer.

When Krys trained, she probably didn’t have anyone to look after her.

It had only been moments but in this instance a lifetime. Krys glanced at Tori who hadn't moved or acted, She knew it had not been enough, Quickly Krys pulled out a small leather strap and tightly secured it to her left pinky finger. Then she drew forth the matching Tanto except it was dirty and appeared well used the only gleam of the blade was from its razor's edge which she had placed on her pinky knuckle. Krys face was full of conviction as she spoke,

"I humbly ask for your forgiveness of my past transgressions. Please accept this tribute as a pledge of my undying loyalty."

Krys eyes searched Tori's now looking directly at her awaiting the confirmation to continue.

The reaction was instant; in a flash Tori’s hand was on the blade, pressing upward away from Krys’ knuckle. The sharp blade cut into Tori’s palm but she showed no sign of pain.

“No.” She said flatly as stared at Krys. “Not how we do things anymore.”

Tori held the blade, as it cut into her, blood starts to drip down the length.

RP on Everlast: 

Written with Tenaxa

PCU - Tori's Apartment 

“No.” She said flatly as stared at Krys. “Not how we do things anymore.”

Tori held the blade, as it cut into her, blood starts to drip down the length.

With the taking of the swords by her sensi Krys was no longer a warrior. It was within Tori's right to kill her, Krys had seen this before with her Sensi YuriKa striking down a pupil for lesser transgressions, Krys could only hope for the best life as a concubine. There was a small shutter that ran through her to simply be dismissed and sent away. Krys would rather die than become a ronin. Her training had been brutal at her master's hand. The teaching had been absolute until she and Liv had been sent away to find her new master. Her blade had hurt Tori that was unforgivable. Krys remained unmoving awaiting the death stroke from Tori.

Tori reached forward with her other hand, wrapping her hand around Krys’ on the handle of the blade. She lifted slowly, moving the blade away from Krys’ knuckle and her own hand.

Krys released the blade and it dropped softly to the floor, as she stood and went with Tori without resistance.

“C’mon Krys, we are not doing this. We’re modern human beings, not Yakuza or Samurai. You need to talk to me, person to person.”

She led Krys over to the sink, where she ran the water, rinsing her hand. She pulled a cloth out of a drawer and handed it to Krys for her blade.

Krys sat there stunned trying to process everything in moments. Tori had taken her blade and would not allow any attempt to ask for forgiveness.

Krys placed the cloth on the counter and began placing different ingredients on the cloth. mixing them with her spit turning it into a greenish paste. Saying in her poor Japanese trying not to flinch when she mispronounced words.

"Kodai no hābu,-do, tsuba ga iyashi no tawagoto ni kawarimasu"

Rinsing her hand under cool water Tori looked at Krys. “Let’s talk about this. We can’t interact if we’re not on the same level.”

Krys nodded, her head still bowed. She finishes wrapping Tori's bandage and finally looks at her.

"How can we be the same? You offered to be my teacher, you cleaned my blade to start my training anew. I drew my blade in violence in your home. I have been dismissive and disrespectful of any lessons, and have not given proper respect or honor to you. Tori, In my old Sensi's training, any one of these I would be punished with many lashes. For the injury to your hand my life would be forfeit."

Krys offered the cloth bandage which had an emerald glow coming from it to Tori.

"How do I move forward with you when everything I do is wrong? Please don't send me away."

Tori wrapped the cloth around her hand and it did it’s job, sealing the wound.

“Listen Krys.”

She says, lifting Krys’ chin to look her in the eyes.

“I offered to help teach you, not be your teacher or sensi. This isn’t a teacher student relationship.”

She pointed her finger back and forth between them.

“And it especially isn’t one of those freaky old school, cruel punishment kind of things. We’re working together in this. Get it?”

*Tori sighed.* “I hope you understand and can get past what has happened to you in the past.”

Krys listened and then just kissed Tori pushing her up aganist the cabinet then nipping her neck. She whispered

"We're free."

As she softly breathed and nibbled Tori's earlobe. Krys understood just fine. 

Edited by American Valor
word fix

FBSA Home Page

• 2 weeks later

Life Drawing Class-

The art professor walked slowly around the gathered students who, themselves, were gathered around the model in the center.  They paused here and there to pay a compliment or whisper a bit of advice, but stopped fully behind one student in a battered, gray, knitted wool hat.

"An interesting interpretation, Miss Templeton," they said with a note of frustrated resignation, but with a hint of fondness.

The sketch in question had... bits of it that appeared human.  Though the rest seemed to be an incomprehensible miasma of flesh, bone, and (for some reason) dandelions.

"Sorry, professor," the girl replied in a voice almost devoid of emotion.  "I tried to focus on her, but the scar on her shoulder blade was too loud.  And then some of the spiders started shouting about the inevitability of the impossible.  After that, I just lost track of what I was drawing."

"That's okay, Miss Templeton," the professor smiled, patting the girl on the shoulder.  A fly took off with an affronted buzzing.  "While the subject isn't quite there, your skill is as evident as always."

This was normal behavior for Rasputin Templeton, so the professor wasn't really surprised.  And she was still much improved from how she'd started.  As the class ended and the students started filing out, Rasputin shouldered her backpack, which gave a grumpy rustle, and headed for the door.

PCU-Campus Hall

Be bopping down the hallway was this rainbow of color or a painters palette exploded on this purple hair coed carrying a guitar case across her back.  She had a kitten sitting on her shoulder, As different classes merged into the hallway. The kitten started meowing at the student in front of her with the shouldered backpack comming out of art class.

(( OOC: Tag, and Welcome ))

FBSA Home Page

2 hours ago, American Valor said:

The kitten started meowing at the student in front of her with the shouldered backpack comming out of art class.

Rasputin stopped suddenly at the sound and turned in a quick about-face.  Her large, dark, and slightly bulging eyes zeroed in on the creature.

"Is this important?"

She said it aloud, but seemed to be asking herself more than anything else.  Her brow furrowed in what for her was intense focus, but outwardly looked more like mild interest.

"Does this matter?"

Rasputin tilted her head and tried to whistle.

Nope.  Still couldn't whistle.  A stray fly landed on her forearm and her eyes abruptly shifted to the human entity the kitten was perched on.

"I've been rude again," she said, again seemingly to herself.  "I should say 'hello' before anything else."

She straightened a bit.

"Hello."

The fly buzzed away.

PCU-Campus

Jem smiles this was the most interesting thing that happened here that it wasn't her. The kitten hid in her purple hair.

Hi Um that was Gram and I'm Jem. Nice to meet ya. Gram generrally doesn't say anything unless he smells tunafish.  Do you like tunafish?"

The crowd continued moving around them while they spoke in the hallway.

Edited by American Valor

FBSA Home Page

"Jim."

Rasputin tilted her head in the opposite direction.

"Jem.  Hello.  I'm Rasputin and I do enjoy tunafish.  It tastes of metal."

She rubbed her hands on the ratty pair of cargo pants she was wearing.

"Sorry if I was rude before.  I was thinking about lazy things and the Gram sounded... perpendicular."

She gave a little nod, approving of the word to herself.

PCU-Campus

Jem grinned and extended her hand forthright.

"Nice to meet you Rasputin, I'm Jem with an E. I'm headin to the Union. My next class is English 101 after a early Lunch, when's your next class?"

Jem stood their adjusting her jean bib overall where she stashed the kitten and smiled at Rasputin.

FBSA Home Page

"Not until this afternoon," Rasputin intoned.  "Art History.  We're going through the medieval period."

She returned the handshake in as friendly a manner as possible, though her grip was nearly nonexistent and her palms a bit cool and clammy.

PCU- The GREEN

Jem smiled

"Fantastic they have a great tunasalad sandwich. So where you from Rasputin? I'm from a smalltown  called Stoneybrook Long Island."

Jem said as she started walking with Rasputin out of the building and on to the Green. The Green where  other student and teachers could be found going too and fro.

Mr. Gram popped his head out of the front of Jem's bib and watched where they were walking.

"Are you an Art Major?"

Jen continued while they headed to the Student Union

Edited by American Valor
spelling

FBSA Home Page

1 hour ago, American Valor said:

"Fantastic they have a great tunasalad sandwich. So where you from Rasputin? I'm from a smalltown  called Stoneybrook Long Island."

"From here," Rasputin answered, following along as the girl exited the building.  "King's Row specifically.  At least till I was 11.  Moved in with my foster parents in Atlas after that until I came here."

1 hour ago, American Valor said:

"Are you an Art Major?"

"Yes.  I'm not sure to what purpose, but it feels correct."

Her dark eyes shifted to the case Jem was carrying.

"Are you a music maker?"

She rubbed her beak-like nose.

"A musician?" she amended.

Jem smiled.

"That's cool, if it feels right then go for it. Do something ya love ya never work a day in your life. That's what  my dad  used to say."

fpr the briefest of moments she stops smiling.

"Are you a music maker?"

She rubbed her beak-like nose.

"A musician?" she amended.

Jem grins at Rasputin,

"I like that, Music Maker. Yep thats me a would be musician. Bet you seen tons of heroes since you grew up here."

They continue across the green till they arrive at the Student Union.

"

FBSA Home Page

Rasputin was silent for a brief moment as they entered the building, as though thinking.

"Yes, quite a few," she finally answered.  "More now than when I was younger.  I stayed inside a lot."

She fiddled with the straps of her backpack.

"They make some people nervous," she glanced over at Jem, squinting slightly.  "They don't make you nervous?"

PCU-Student Union 

Jem picked a table outta the way that looked like it was a painters palette.  She set her  guitar case down and held Gram in her hand petting him.

"Not too many things bother me , I guess I should tell ya. I'm a mutie so if that bothers ya we understand."

Jem sat down and petted Gram with a smile at Rasputin, watching her with her backpack.

Edited by American Valor
word fix

FBSA Home Page

"The ability to digest milk is the result of mutation," Rasputin said automatically as she stared at the negative space between the chair legs.

She suddenly came back to herself, shifting her focus back to Jem.

"I mean, no.  That doesn't bother me."

Rasputin sat as well, placing her bag on her lap as she once more shifted her stare to Gram.

"It seems very content," she murmured in an almost impressed tone.  "How do you make it not hate people?"