1,000,000 IQ Travel Power Idea

weewoozesty

I just hatched the ultimate idea for a travel power that's similar to the ones that teleport you to mission doors.

Are you ready for this idea?  Make sure you are sitting down before reading this.

Here's the idea.  "Call a Taxi"

That's right.   Your hero/villain whips out a phone and calls a taxi to take them to the Rikti Warzone etc.  It can take 20 seconds to cast much like the other long range teleports.  You are probably asking your self.  "What would this power look like?"  You toggle the power, your hero whips out a phone via the emote or even the power that summons the Mercenaries.  And 20 seconds later, a taxi pops up at your location in the same way when you teleport a temporary "portal" pops up.  A taxi pops up at the destination where the hero/villain calmly walks out and prepares to do the deed.

As far as I know there are already taxi models contained in the game files.  And if there isn't and this idea gains traction I could whip one up but editing the already existing vehicle models in the game that drive around.

And to further this idea, there could be a "team teleport" version where a bus picks up the whole team instead of a taxi.

What could be more heroic than taking public transit into a monster infested Eden?

What could be more villainous than taking a taxi to a bank robbery?  It would give credence to people who prefer non superpowered playstyles such as Natural Origin gun blasters or Willpower melees and such.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, seebs said:

We already have team transport things, so it wouldn't be super weird to have the same thing with a different model.

It could be varied.  For the red side version the villain has the option to cheat the cab driver and not pay the fair, but incur a much longer cooldown.

While a hero has the option to "tip" the driver to reduce the cooldown for the next taxi.

12 hours ago, Blackfeather said:

Taxis👏aren't👏public👏transport.

Now a bus on the other hand...

So you lose a portion of your INF every time you use a Taxi Temp Power. 

The Paragon Public Transportation, i.e. Bus Authority has been on strike since 2004. So a bus temp power is unfortunately not possible in CoH.

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

50 minutes ago, Arc-Mage said:

So you lose a portion of your INF every time you use a Taxi Temp Power. 

The Paragon Public Transportation, i.e. Bus Authority has been on strike since 2004. So a bus temp power is unfortunately not possible in CoH.

New suggestion time: add busses to Paragon. While they're at it, pedestrianise places, reduce car lanes and add bike lanes, please. 😛

On 9/18/2022 at 6:49 AM, seebs said:

We already have team transport things, so it wouldn't be super weird to have the same thing with a different model.

You're no fun anymore!

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

• 1 month later