"Wreckage" or other remains for enemies that blow up/vanish

biostem

So there are several powers that require the body of a defeated enemy in order to activate.  Some enemies, such as Jump Bots or the BP floating masks do not leave anything when defeated, thereby negating the use of these powers.  I think it'd be great if those enemies, when defeated, left some sort of wreckage or residue when defeated, which can then be interacted with.  Your thoughts?  Thanks!

Heaven forfend that you might have to display some vague acquaintance with tactical decision making, the same way that characters with anchored debuffs need to pick an anchor that leaves a body on defeat if they don't want the debuff to turn off instantly when the anchor is defeated.

• Thumbs Down 1

I thought this thread was about MOAR blood, bones and entrails flying off your defeated foes. Though (slightly) disappointed, I think the OP is a valid request. They give you a power but take away your resources to use it. But at the same time, it's also realistic that sometimes your attacks will leave no trace of your (former) foe... that's just how the Council crumbles so to speak.

Now, the reply above seems sarcastic and snarky (not the vampire one), but I feel the colourful language only helped to convolute the intentional message... which is (I think) to just use what you got for now... which is also fair... but at the same time, which is also why the request was made in the first place. It's easy to say that if you're playing in the context of x2 and above, but if you're going the other route of difficulty which I sometimes do--going +2x1 to +4 but still at x1--then the lack of "corpses" for you to use your power(s) is more pronounced.

So, yeah, I agree with the OP request. And while they're at it, have more splattering of offal all around.

Oh, and play nice. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, srmalloy said:

Heaven forfend that you might have to display some vague acquaintance with tactical decision making, the same way that characters with anchored debuffs need to pick an anchor that leaves a body on defeat if they don't want the debuff to turn off instantly when the anchor is defeated.

What are you talking about?  What is "tactical" about an enemy leaving no remnant behind with which to use your powers?  Want to use victory rush on that GM you and your team just defeated?  Too bad, they just poof away.  Fighting BP and all the bosses happen to be the spirits?  Well, I guess you're SoL.  No other category of powers is penalized in such a way...

As someone who's on a warshade a lot ... GMs stick around long enough to get a few powers off their bodies, so I'm not quite sure why you're using that for an example (other than, perhaps, Caleb, Scrappy or Sparky.)

Some enemies just aren't good for certain power types. Ask any Psy blast user faced with a mission that's mostly robots, or someone watching their slows and such ignored by War Wolves.

That said? Every one of your examples is typically surrounded by other enemy types. BP masks explode and don't leave something behind? The shaman summoning them, the other shamans, the zombies - all leave bodies.  Jump bots (and FF generators) don't? How about those Raider Engineers, Porters and the rest of the NPCs? COT Ghosts? How about the rest of the COT and their summoned demons? Their bodies stick around.

I *will* say the one "fade away" timer that could use some looking at in this instance, though, is invasion mobs. They had their timers altered on live to make them disappear faster to cut down on the visual clutter, but it often *has* been to fast to manage to get something like an Extracted Essence off of them.

About the only other group I'd complain about would be Rikti and seeing if we could have some of the spawn patterns there adjusted. I've gone through everything from several spawns to complete missions that are almost completely drones, which is just annoying for multiple types of character. Putting some sort of limit on how many drones per spawn not mixed in with anything else would be nice.

Edited by Greycat
Adding thought I thought I put in with thoughts.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

5 hours ago, biostem said:

Fighting BP and all the bosses happen to be the spirits?  Well, I guess you're SoL.  No other category of powers is penalized in such a way...

You're right; I must have missed the fine print on all of the 'use on defeated opponent' powers that says that they can't be used on any BP except bosses... Oh, wait...

And while we're at it, we can have the HC staff go after all of the other inconveniences in the game. CoT ghosts are resistant to Dark damage; this handicaps characters with Dark-based powers, so they need to be changed to remove that. And mobs that attack with powers that go against AoE defense, and all you have is Ranged defense? Can't have that, either. In fact, let's just grind the game down to where nothing is different except visual effects between powers, and the only difference between NPC mobs is the model.

• Thumbs Down 1