Level 51-54 mobs in Peregrine Island and Grandville

Krimson

This is something I would like to see in one form or another. At one time, street sweeping was considered an acceptable activity. But like many forms of farming, it might be seen unfavorably now. However, for those of us who like to play and level on their own, without the burden of a group with players who tell you that you are playing wrong, Having an option for higher level mobs in regular zones would be nice. 

I am aware that there are higher level mobs in Dark Astoria, Cimerora, and the Rikti War Zone. And I know Cimerora now gets used for street farming. But I would still love to be able to do so in PI and Grandville. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Smashing/Lethal Farmer and a Giant Monster Hunter on Excelsior

Monster Hunters: Blue Idoru (Main, Elec/Kin Corruptor), Kurodoru (Dark/Dark Brute), Canadian Content (Rad/Atom Blaster)

Try Arc IDs: 44869 "The Orb" - Smashing/Lethal Farm on the Troll Cave map with 99 mobs, all patrols.  45166 "Hail The Orb" - Smashing/Lethal Farm on the Dreck Freakshow map with 151 mobs, 61 Elite Bosses

Farmers: Freak Out (Rad/Fire Brute, Fire Farmer), Dara Kill (Dark/Spines Tanker, S/L Farmer), Freak Fire (Fire/Rad Tanker, Farm Everything), Blue Idoru (Main, Elec/Kin Corr, Farm Anything), Spidoru (Crabbermind, Farm Anything), various other fighters and support.

It still is considered an "acceptable activity." Not sure why you think it isn't. Some group says otherwise, give them a one finger wave and keep on doing what you want.

Perigrine does have "higher level" things, too - the monsters (not GMs) up in the islands up north.  Granted, Grandville doesn't. My *main* concern with adding Incarnate level mobs to these zones is that players from level 40 on up have missions throughout the zone (yes, you do actually do things outside portal corp! ;) ) in addition to newspaper/scanner and tip missions, and these groups of mobs spawning somewhere they'd block a mission would be hideously unfair and unfun for those characters.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

21 minutes ago, Greycat said:

Perigrine does have "higher level" things, too - the monsters (not GMs) up in the islands up north. 

I already solo actual Giant Monsters that give things like XP and Reward Merits. Those useless things only have a purpose for Hami raids. 

Monster Hunters: Blue Idoru (Main, Elec/Kin Corruptor), Kurodoru (Dark/Dark Brute), Canadian Content (Rad/Atom Blaster)

Try Arc IDs: 44869 "The Orb" - Smashing/Lethal Farm on the Troll Cave map with 99 mobs, all patrols.  45166 "Hail The Orb" - Smashing/Lethal Farm on the Dreck Freakshow map with 151 mobs, 61 Elite Bosses

Farmers: Freak Out (Rad/Fire Brute, Fire Farmer), Dara Kill (Dark/Spines Tanker, S/L Farmer), Freak Fire (Fire/Rad Tanker, Farm Everything), Blue Idoru (Main, Elec/Kin Corr, Farm Anything), Spidoru (Crabbermind, Farm Anything), various other fighters and support.

Some people (I'm one of them) run a lot of missions in PI at level 40.  A lot.  It seems unwise, and rather unfair, to have +11-13 mobs roaming around a zone.  Yes, there already are +10s, but they are limited to certain neighborhoods.

If they wanted to do something on Monster Island, I'd be fine with that, since I don't recall ever having to need to run a door mission there.

Who run Bartertown?

See this link for my giveaway!  FREEMoney!

7 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Some people (I'm one of them) run a lot of missions in PI at level 40.  A lot.  It seems unwise, and rather unfair, to have +11-13 mobs roaming around a zone.  Yes, there already are +10s, but they are limited to certain neighborhoods.

If they wanted to do something on Monster Island, I'd be fine with that, since I don't recall ever having to need to run a door mission there.

Well yeah, I wasn't exactly suggesting putting the 54 mobs on the same hill as the 41s. 😄 I personally think they could change the DE on those islands to DE with levels, and let players actually have a reason to hunt them.

Sure, once in a while a tank will pull the fake giant monsters to the Portal Corps parking lot. But how long does that keep them entertained?

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Of course they'd have to place those 51-54 enemies carefully, but that shouldn't invalidate them being placed in PI at all...

18 minutes ago, Krimson said:

Well yeah, I wasn't exactly suggesting putting the 54 mobs on the same hill as the 41s. 😄 I personally think they could change the DE on those islands to DE with levels, and let players actually have a reason to hunt them.

Sure, once in a while a tank will pull the fake giant monsters to the Portal Corps parking lot. But how long does that keep them entertained?

About the only issue I'd see there would be the size of the islands. Not room for a *lot* there. But it would isolate them from the normal leveling path nicely.

Maybe give it a cave or two (similar to the Hellion cave where you go to find the artifact in Habashy's arc, that doesn't take you out of the zone - not hard, we do it with icon and police stations, after all) to give more "area" for them. One can be cavelike, another the remnants of a base or lab, perhaps.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

12 minutes ago, biostem said:

Of course they'd have to place those 51-54 enemies carefully, but that shouldn't invalidate them being placed in PI at all...

Well, by that argument you could put them in Atlas Park!

This isn't a democracy, but if it were my vote would be to keep the balance we have and to focus on 51+ enemies in DA, Ccim, and RWZ.  Although the Chantry and the Storm Palace are pretty cool places to hunt as well.

Who run Bartertown?

Just now, Yomo Kimyata said:

Well, by that argument you could put them in Atlas Park!

This isn't a democracy, but if it were my vote would be to keep the balance we have and to focus on 51+ enemies in DA, Ccim, and RWZ.  Although the Chantry and the Storm Palace are pretty cool places to hunt as well.

Hyperbole, much?

1 hour ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

My level 43 PI radio team got a door mish out on Monster Island and got our asses kicked trying to get in because they were camping the door. ;_;

• Thanks 1

Global: @Valnara1; Formerly @TigerGoddess on Live

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Human Mosquito - Water/Sonic Corruptor; Elfvira - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Illiana the Shroud - Fire/Dark Controller; Kincatic - Beast/Kin MM

10 minutes ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

My level 43 PI radio team got a door mish out on Monster Island and got our asses kicked trying to get in because they were camping the door. ;_;

That stinks, but at least in the case of radio missions, you can abandon them and just pick another...

1 minute ago, biostem said:

That stinks, but at least in the case of radio missions, you can abandon them and just pick another...

True, though we did end up making it work and jumping in the door before getting ganked. Main point was that door missions for under 50's do spawn out there, even if they are just radios.

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Human Mosquito - Water/Sonic Corruptor; Elfvira - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Illiana the Shroud - Fire/Dark Controller; Kincatic - Beast/Kin MM

6 minutes ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

True, though we did end up making it work and jumping in the door before getting ganked. Main point was that door missions for under 50's do spawn out there, even if they are just radios.

Understood, but then maybe address how mission doors are chosen, instead of denying higher levels that want to do some street sweeping worthwhile targets;  The game "knows" where different level enemies spawn, so if a mission under that level needs a door, only select from areas where enemies of that approximate level can spawn...

The game has always sent players into the red zones where mobs are purple to them as they progress. I don't think the code that selects the random mission door has any means of knowing where anything is other than the door or even considering the player's level.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, biostem said:

Hyperbole, much?

Not particularly.  If the developers just need to reprogram how door missions get assigned and/or how players need to be aware of increased risks, then they could frankly just put level 51+ mobs wherever the heck you want them.

But again, my non-existent vote would be to let people who are looking for lvl 51+ mobs for street sweeping to go to some of the places where that is already set up.  That way no one gets inconvenienced any more than they are currently are.  But maybe the devs want to do this?  Who knows?  Not me!

Who run Bartertown?

7 minutes ago, Rudra said:

The game has always sent players into the red zones where mobs are purple to them as they progress. I don't think the code that selects the random mission door has any means of knowing where anything is other than the door or even considering the player's level.

Right, but maybe it should.

35 minutes ago, biostem said:

Understood, but then maybe address how mission doors are chosen, instead of denying higher levels that want to do some street sweeping worthwhile targets;  The game "knows" where different level enemies spawn, so if a mission under that level needs a door, only select from areas where enemies of that approximate level can spawn...

Nowhere did I say to deny people from street sweeping. My comment was literally just "oh btw, mission doors totally spawn for under 50's in this location." I didn't say anything else to one way or another.

Just now, TygerDarkstorm said:

Nowhere did I say to deny people from street sweeping. My comment was literally just "oh btw, mission doors totally spawn for under 50's in this location." I didn't say anything else to one way or another.

Did you think that the "maybe address..." part was directed at you?  Do you have that ability? 

• Thumbs Down 3

5 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Not particularly.  If the developers just need to reprogram how door missions get assigned and/or how players need to be aware of increased risks, then they could frankly just put level 51+ mobs wherever the heck you want them.

That's not the point.  The point is that PI is *THE* O.G. top-end, main hero-only zone.  There isn't really any precedent for other zones to randomly have significantly higher level mobs in them...

Edited by biostem
  • Thumbs Up 1

Rikti Crash Site. It has always had higher than level 50 mobs in it. (Edit: So it would be the OG top-end, main hero-only zone since there was no CoV at the time.)

Bear in mind, I am not saying to not put 51+ mobs anywhere. I am not against street sweeping. (I have a few characters that I am expressly only leveling via street sweeping.)

Edited by Rudra

2 minutes ago, biostem said:

Did you think that the "maybe address..." part was directed at you?  Do you have that ability? 

Whatever dude. You're going to start being insulting, then we're done here because I wasn't attacking you, just having a conversation. My original comment was never even directed at you. I only said what I did to clarify that lower-level mission doors *can* spawn on monster island. Anything beyond that is your own input and speculation.

I'm all for street sweeping and the higher level mobs being added in as suggested. Hell, maybe more folks will go keep random areas of PI clear now after seeing this thread so lower level teams/soloers don't get creamed just trying to get to a mission. xD

1 minute ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

Whatever dude. You're going to start being insulting, then we're done here because I wasn't attacking you, just having a conversation. My original comment was never even directed at you. I only said what I did to clarify that lower-level mission doors *can* spawn on monster island. Anything beyond that is your own input and speculation.

I'm all for street sweeping and the higher level mobs being added in as suggested. Hell, maybe more folks will go keep random areas of PI clear now after seeing this thread so lower level teams/soloers don't get creamed just trying to get to a mission. xD

You responded to me stating "nowhere did I state" as a direct response to me.  I started off my response with "understood", as in I understand what you were saying.  YOU chose to interpret the follow-up as some sort of personal slight.  Either way, just move along then if you think i was insulting you...

17 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Rikti Crash Site. It has always had higher than level 50 mobs in it. (Edit: So it would be the OG top-end, main hero-only zone since there was no CoV at the time.)

Bear in mind, I am not saying to not put 51+ mobs anywhere. I am not against street sweeping. (I have a few characters that I am expressly only leveling via street sweeping.)

PI predates The Rikti Crash Site.

19 minutes ago, biostem said:

The point is that PI is *THE* O.G. top-end, main hero-only zone.  

This is why I would like to see higher level mobs in the classic endgame zones. Players already gather there. 

14 minutes ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

I'm wondering if there might be other ways to do this. Like say for instance, you took something like the Troll Cave map from AE, put another texture on the cave or change the "decor" a little bit, and just make it part of the PI map. Maybe several. Then around Peregrine, instead of using mission doors or repurposing doors, just make some new ones. Then you would have your higher level mobs contained while still being part of the zone.  

3 hours ago, Krimson said:

This is something I would like to see in one form or another. At one time, street sweeping was considered an acceptable activity. But like many forms of farming, it might be seen unfavorably now. However, for those of us who like to play and level on their own, without the burden of a group with players who tell you that you are playing wrong, Having an option for higher level mobs in regular zones would be nice. 

I am aware that there are higher level mobs in Dark Astoria, Cimerora, and the Rikti War Zone. And I know Cimerora now gets used for street farming. But I would still love to be able to do so in PI and Grandville. 

So fun thing, we did a "Bargain Basement Heroes" thing where we all randomly got to chose one-another's archetype, primary powerset, secondary powerset, and how many clicks of the random costume generator you had to click.  Those 4 things were random, you can adjust sliders, origin, names, backstory, etc.

Then we took this absolutely insanely wild looking group which was too large to form a 8-person team with, as a league into the sewers under Atlas Park.  It was HILARIOUSLY fun, at moments several of us were almost in tears laughing on voice comms (Discord).

When you have a team that's larger than 8, sometimes street-sweeping as you call it, that's totally a great idea!

Another idea that might support yours @Krimson is to have zone enemies as even-con minus one level or two.  So if you're level 50, enemies in zones are essentially level 48's and 50's.  There's pro's and con's with that idea, and to be honest smacking a low-level with a level 50 knock-up or knock-back is hilariously amusing and I'd miss that "Hey!  You remember when y'all used to pick on me as a low level?  It's payback time!" kind of moment.  But hey, it's an idea that works with the Zombie Invasion that happens after a Katie Hannon TF out in a zone somewhere, right?  Those work for people on leagues, yeah?