Level 51-54 mobs in Peregrine Island and Grandville

Krimson

18 minutes ago, Krimson said:

I'm wondering if there might be other ways to do this. Like say for instance, you took something like the Troll Cave map from AE, put another texture on the cave or change the "decor" a little bit, and just make it part of the PI map. Maybe several. Then around Peregrine, instead of using mission doors or repurposing doors, just make some new ones. Then you would have your higher level mobs contained while still being part of the zone.  

Would making them instanced have the same feel as actual street sweeping though? 

I honestly don't mind there being higher level mobs in the zones; I've been being somewhat facetious in my posts. I honestly didn't even know about the monster island in PI until my radio team got sent there the other day. xD I think my thought is: I'm not looking to dumb down the game further, if that makes sense. Even if I end up grumbling to myself about it from time to time, I actually like the idea of there being some danger about as you try to get to your missions. Even in my radio example, a few of us were caught offguard by the ass pounding, but no one complained or quit; they either hosped or got back up when the danger walked away and then we went into the mish--it didn't even occur to me to abandon it and pick a new one as Biostem suggested (which made me be like, oh yeah, I can do that lol).

And as I realize now we're talking a lot about PI, yes please can we add some more mobs in GV. I get that GV is basically Arachnos' hub, but it feels super weird that there is almost no threat in the zone (or maybe I haven't traversed it enough, idk).

It could be kind of neat to maybe have like "hazard areas" within some zones where mobs spawn that sort of scale with your level (e.g., I think that's how GMs and the Zombie invasion work?), or maybe it's an area that spawns higher level or more challenging mobs or something. Idk, maybe it was an idea better in my head, lol. xD

Global: @Valnara1; Formerly @TigerGoddess on Live

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Human Mosquito - Water/Sonic Corruptor; Elfvira - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Illiana the Shroud - Fire/Dark Controller; Kincatic - Beast/Kin MM

31 minutes ago, Krimson said:

I'm wondering if there might be other ways to do this. Like say for instance, you took something like the Troll Cave map from AE, put another texture on the cave or change the "decor" a little bit, and just make it part of the PI map. Maybe several. Then around Peregrine, instead of using mission doors or repurposing doors, just make some new ones. Then you would have your higher level mobs contained while still being part of the zone.

Repurpose one of the distant islands in PI.  Remove the monsters from there and populate it with 51-54 enemies.  It'd also serve to keep these higher level enemies far away from the main island.

• Thumbs Up 2

If you're going to go that route, use one of the Rikti Monkey islands. Larger space and you don't need that many islands to farm the monkeys for the badge.

Edit: As far as Grandville goes, to answer someone's earlier question, no, there is nowhere that has higher than level 50. The far north with the underground "maze" is all 48-50. As for where to put 51+ mobs in GV? *shrug* Unless the devs decide the manufacturing center that is the "underground maze" is a good place? I have no clue.

Edited by Rudra
Edited to correct "on" to "one".
  • Thumbs Up 2

22 minutes ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

Would making them instanced have the same feel as actual street sweeping though?

I think she's suggesting sort of the same thing I did. It's not an instance. It's like Icon, ICty Hall or the cave map in Matthew Habashy's arc - go through a door, kind of hit a "sub map" (basically the same as elevators in missions.) You don't actually leave the zone, but it is tucked away.

• Thumbs Up 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

4 minutes ago, Greycat said:

I think she's suggesting sort of the same thing I did. It's not an instance. It's like Icon, ICty Hall or the cave map in Matthew Habashy's arc - go through a door, kind of hit a "sub map" (basically the same as elevators in missions.) You don't actually leave the zone, but it is tucked away.

Ah, my apologies. For some reason my brain interpreted it as instanced. But still, would it take away from that street sweeping feel? My brain is all jumbled with my thoughts, and I'm having trouble articulating what I want to say, lol.

I think I can see what some of you all are saying, and I think I can get the appeal of a special area that's designated just for mobs over 50, and if that's all those who do street sweep want, then seems like a good idea. More ways to play is generally always a good thing in my book. And that seems like an easy enough idea to implement regarding this game's infamously difficult code.

Global: @Valnara1; Formerly @TigerGoddess on Live

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Human Mosquito - Water/Sonic Corruptor; Elfvira - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Illiana the Shroud - Fire/Dark Controller; Kincatic - Beast/Kin MM

11 hours ago, biostem said:

Understood, but then maybe address how mission doors are chosen, instead of denying higher levels that want to do some street sweeping worthwhile targets

I think having the HC staff look at how mission doors are chosen would give the best bang for the buck; one of the things I've noticed over my time playing CoH is that there are clickable doors everywhere, but only about a tenth of them get used for mission doors. Going to a mission door pointed out by six different contacts as used by that many or more villain groups makes me wonder if there's some protection service keeping villains from invading most of the buildings, and if so, why don't more establishments patronize them.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

Ah, my apologies. For some reason my brain interpreted it as instanced. But still, would it take away from that street sweeping feel? My brain is all jumbled with my thoughts, and I'm having trouble articulating what I want to say, lol.

Putting some caves under PI or Grandville shouldn't feel any more "instanced" than heading into the sewer network in Atlas. The difference is, you don't even have to be on a team to join in. Just head right in and start blasting like you're Danny De Vito.

• Thumbs Up 1

Smashing/Lethal Farmer and a Giant Monster Hunter on Excelsior

Monster Hunters: Blue Idoru (Main, Elec/Kin Corruptor), Kurodoru (Dark/Dark Brute), Canadian Content (Rad/Atom Blaster)

Try Arc IDs: 44869 "The Orb" - Smashing/Lethal Farm on the Troll Cave map with 99 mobs, all patrols.  45166 "Hail The Orb" - Smashing/Lethal Farm on the Dreck Freakshow map with 151 mobs, 61 Elite Bosses

Farmers: Freak Out (Rad/Fire Brute, Fire Farmer), Dara Kill (Dark/Spines Tanker, S/L Farmer), Freak Fire (Fire/Rad Tanker, Farm Everything), Blue Idoru (Main, Elec/Kin Corr, Farm Anything), Spidoru (Crabbermind, Farm Anything), various other fighters and support.

25 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

How about distribution to say Storm Palace and Cascade Archipelago? Two of the best albeit under used zones in the game.

I'm not against it but I also want to be able to form a team in a reasonable amount of time, and players are in Peregrine right now. 

Smashing/Lethal Farmer and a Giant Monster Hunter on Excelsior

Monster Hunters: Blue Idoru (Main, Elec/Kin Corruptor), Kurodoru (Dark/Dark Brute), Canadian Content (Rad/Atom Blaster)

Try Arc IDs: 44869 "The Orb" - Smashing/Lethal Farm on the Troll Cave map with 99 mobs, all patrols.  45166 "Hail The Orb" - Smashing/Lethal Farm on the Dreck Freakshow map with 151 mobs, 61 Elite Bosses

Farmers: Freak Out (Rad/Fire Brute, Fire Farmer), Dara Kill (Dark/Spines Tanker, S/L Farmer), Freak Fire (Fire/Rad Tanker, Farm Everything), Blue Idoru (Main, Elec/Kin Corr, Farm Anything), Spidoru (Crabbermind, Farm Anything), various other fighters and support.

It like many zones has doors which can place much lower level characters in uncomfortably close proximity to much higher level mobs.  Then again the first i ever saw Malta they were very, very, very, (few hundred times more), purple cons me being a level 6 standing near Blue Steel in KR.  An ambush racing after someone(s).  Dropped into a door in PI as a lvl 42 in sight of the parking lot of portal corp and watched a whole spawn of Jaeger eyes turn my way 20 some issues ago.  I'd love to see higher level spawns in PIs red zones but it is a city zone and the upper end of the level range typically doesn't exceed the typical character level expected for +0 content in the zone.  Most(all) of the others mentioned in this thread are either hazard or trial zones though the distinction between those terms is rather blurry anymore it seems.