We need to talk about HeroCorp

Lines

Why should you be different from everyone else on yon Internet?

• Haha 2

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

49 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

I thought the tower that got destroyed in Baumtown belonged to the Freedom Phalanx

According to the wiki, Hero Corps never actually had a building in Baumtown, just a building site.  After their Faultline HQ was mysteriously destroyed, Hero Corps were planning to build a replacement in Baumtown until their permits were mysteriously revoked by the city.  I admit I was reading the wiki page because I had NO recollection of who Hero Corps are or what they do.

(Baumtown la-la-la-laa-la-la Baumtown...)

Edited by Grouchybeast
  • Thumbs Up 2

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

So, basically, Paragon's version of Damage Control, Inc?  Not just 'clean up the mess' physically, but also P.R. wise as well.  

That... has some merit, I think.  Also can go deep into the vigilante/rogue weeds too.

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

I have some fan fiction involving them and certain other corporations secretly working together for a greater purpose based heavily on the AMA Lore relating to the Coming Storm.  People should think long and hard as to why the Freedom Phalanx which also included the Dream Doctor as a member at one time, pushed so hard against the establishment of HC.  I have never trusted Rebecca Foss.

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

On 9/23/2022 at 12:53 AM, Lines said:

... but badges! ... People want badges ... they want to catchcollect'em all! [tm]

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

On 9/23/2022 at 7:56 AM, Black Zot said:

You'll be accountable all right - to a bean counter in a nice safe corporate office in another city who only looks at algorithms and metrics and doesn't care about the actual situation on the ground.

Real life comparison (from my job):

1. We are short-staffed.

2. Without enough staff, we cannot create enough product.

3. We cannot sell product we don't have.

4. Lack of product = less sales

5. Corporate bean counter looks at numbers, sees sales are down.

6. Corporate bean counter solution: WE NEED TO CUT LABOR HOURS.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, RikOz said:

Real life comparison (from my job):

1. We are short-staffed.

2. Without enough staff, we cannot create enough product.

3. We cannot sell product we don't have.

4. Lack of product = less sales

5. Corporate bean counter looks at numbers, sees sales are down.

6. Corporate bean counter solution: WE NEED TO CUT LABOR HOURS.

Captain Spreadsheet saves the day again!

• Haha 1