Character Description.

DJThunder

Good Day, Fellow Heroes/Villains! 

I was wondering and hoping, if one day soon, if it would be possible to make the number of characters one can type for their Character's Bio/Description longer? Maybe 3,000 characters or so? 

I enjoy creating awesome character descriptions and the current amount is a bit lacking. Keep up the awesome work! 😎

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, DJThunder said:

Good Day, Fellow Heroes/Villains! 

I was wondering and hoping, if one day soon, if it would be possible to make the number of characters one can type for their Character's Bio/Description longer? Maybe 3,000 characters or so? 

I enjoy creating awesome character descriptions and the current amount is a bit lacking. Keep up the awesome work! 😎

I'm all for it, but I'm pretty sure it's an engine limitation - the character limit can only go so high. 

Then again, I may be misremembering... alternatively a player could drop a link in their Player Description that takes them to their forum account, which they could use to write about said character in greater detail. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

I already find about half of the ones I see too long for my tastes, but I'll support the idea for those who want it.  I don't have to read them if I don't want to, right?

• Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

8 hours ago, Rudra said:

Yes, please. The extra characters required for basic characters in the bio window really eats up available bio space.

Yes, well, try creating a bio that makes extensive use of non-ASCII characters. CoH supports Unicode, but at a cost -- for example, including the name "Институт Эволюционной Физиологии и Биохимии им. И.М. Сеченова" ('I.M. Sechenov Institute of Evolutionary Physiology and Biochemistry') takes up 114 characters in a bio, even though it's only 62 letters, because each Unicode character is 16 bits wide, taking up two 'characters' of the bio space.

• Like 1

No thanks. I'd rather there was a method of incorporating all characters for a bio without having to use multiple character slots for each one. (Edit: Like each character slot being able to hold/process a 16 bit wide string. Any shorter characters would fill the same space as the 16-bit by filling the rest of the space with nulls.)

Edited by Rudra

• 1 year later

Dear creative players:

I do not want to read the novel of your character's biography.  Description means describe your hero, maybe some background info if you think it's relevant.  If you simply must inform everyone of the whole life story of your character, why not try the FBSA Wiki which also allows you to include screenshots and other art, and categorize as you see fit.

https://fbsa.homecoming.wiki/wiki/Main_Page

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 2