By the pricking of my thumbs

Herah

Something wicked this way comes......The Eternal Night

Ghosts, goblins and witches that go bump in the night, we return to Mayhem Motel in search of a fright. Warwolves, vampyri, and zombies out in full view, may bring out new costumes and salvage for you. Banners and Rikti and Zombies, what fun, we'll continue the mayhem 'til the dawning of the sun.

It is that time of year again fellow denizens of Torchbearer. By next week we shall be engulfed in more or less a solid month of candy fueled chaos. This is usually the busiest time for our shard, gaining more and more interest in the ToT League with each passing year. We'll be back in the saddle, chasing down roving Jack in Irons and Eochai, as well as herding cats. As many of our players are back to working in office or even busy work at home positions, you will likely not see the same person in charge the majority of the time. With that in mind we ask the following:

• Be participating - if you need to be AFK briefly, plz say so. Also, as a general FYI, the hospital is across the street from Mayhem Motel.
  • If you are AFK for prolonged periods, you will be kicked to make room for players present and actively playing
  • No dual/multiboxing if the league is full and others are waiting to join - currently the only exception I can think of is if there is a need for an additional 50 anchor. Which leads to my next point...
  • If you are a team lead that is logging or alting, please replace the team lead position with a 50
  • If you get the XP bug, please let either your team lead or league lead know. They will ask you to drop and then re-invite you. This continues to be a consistent issue, but more difficult to determine who is integrated into the league in a zone w/o a population cap.
  • The same as last year, we will not be running a Tip Team w/in the league. I like the idea of having a parallel team/league/what have you that folks can drop in and out of for tip missions but not something we have specifically planned out.
  • Be patient when asking for invites. We're not ignoring anyone but the league leader is managing nearly 50 people. Also, just be aware that team leaders may also invite to their teams w/in the league.
  • Also be aware that the league leader cannot move player positions w/in a team, so if a level 16 ends up with the star please don't get angry and hostile. Be mindful that this event tends to be the first time many players are exposed to such large scale team/league events and will quite frequently not understand what to do. If you want to help, please calmly provide clear and detailed explanations on how to remedy the problem.
  • Remember the Golden Rule - treat others as you would like to be treated
  • Lastly, please remember that this is entirely a player led event as we run it. If you cannot be civil and gracious, please do not participate with us. We try our best, we try to be fair, and we're here to have a good time. If we're not having fun, then we're done.

For some of our regulars, the plan will be to continue normal Hami raids as scheduled. For folks that decide you want to try out our Hami raids, welcome. We have a breakdown of our raids over on the Player-led calendar. 

My last note for the time being, due to the currently demanding nature of my job and my own health issues, my role in this year's ToT event will be more limited than usual.  I ask that everyone show the same amazing support, Dad jokes, and honorary faceplants with whomever is in the hot seat at the time.

Mayhem Motel - We'll leave the fright on for ya!

1242965355_HappyHalloween.jpg.296894fefd38c4c65f4a5c56cb0a1d90.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

faceplant.jpg

Torchbearer Temporary Hero-ing:

Experts in - Soil Analysis, Hamidon & Hive Viscera Clean-up, Mayhem Motel Menacing, Advertising Aficionados, Undertaking, Undertaken, and........

Spoiler

The Spanish Inquisition!!!

• 2 weeks later

Whew! That first weekend was certainly Ham-packed........everyone loves a Hami joke, right? So far this weekend we've knocked out Nemesis, Rikti, and Zombie invasions trying to gain entrance to our most closely guarded secrets at Portal Corp. We've repeatedly pestered Eochai for donations to our pumpkin pie bake off and asked Jack more than once to please put pants or a shirt on. Banners popping up like fire ant mounds have been squashed time and again.

Nemi.jpg.e9f3daee8f04c865865717666eeec3c3.jpg

Zombies.jpg.a5130921ce95b02998aed03a27691c77.jpg

Heck, someone was even kind enough to deliver a robotic cleaning service to the Motel. Sadly Mayhem Motel was vaporized in the cleaning process.

Kronos.jpg.ef3a6eb0db87c858f12d964e9953b913.jpg

Other thoughts.

• We have zero control over when events pop. So you may have to wait around to get the thing that you need. 
  • Please be patient. We have some folks helping out this year that are learning the ropes of league management as we go. It's not nearly as simple as it seems, so please be forgiving of the person with the star. 
  • Also, not everyone is as familiar with doing the banners, zombies, Rikti, etc as we run them. We cannot guarantee that these events will always be played out in that regard.
  • Speaking of banners, more people that have Incan makes it any easier task. Ideally we'd like 5 people with Incan when banners pop up, but we can make it work with 4. You only need the 1st level and that is only 60 threads.
  • Speaking of invasions. Are we really teleporting all the time like that? Yes. Are we doing it on purpose? Yes. Are we doing it to irritate everyone? No. League TP within the invasion events just keeps aggro and spawn rates high, dragging out those invasions. Necessary evil. You can turn your prompt on if you wish to avoid it.
  • Also, when at the motel, if you have the window open that says "You cannot enter" it will prevent you from seeing the TP prompt window. If the parking lot gets real quiet, try to close it quickly to get the TP....or remove the prompt.
  • And just as a general hint, when you're on Monkey Island, thrown down an Ion Judgement or AOE attack to get some bonus monkeys towards your Zoo Keeper badge.

We hope everyone is having a good time. For me, this is my favorite event of the year and it's madness from start to finish. I get to make new friends, show people how awesome our shard is, and get people hooked on CoH. I have so much fun with everyone and I hope everyone else is having fun too. If you get bored on PLing in AE, head over to PI and join the league. I heard someone mention tonight they went 1-50 just today on ToTing. And as always, faithful viewers.....Mayhem Motel - We'll leave the fright on for ya!

faceplant.jpg

Torchbearer Temporary Hero-ing:

Experts in - Soil Analysis, Hamidon & Hive Viscera Clean-up, Mayhem Motel Menacing, Advertising Aficionados, Undertaking, Undertaken, and........

Spoiler

The Spanish Inquisition!!!