For those of you with zoning/loading/crash issues, please read!!!

Korbian

I can't load any maps from my laptop. It takes a long time for the login screen to come up. I can go to the character select screen but once I try to go to the city the bar gets stuck and after a while it will  kick me out to the login screen again. Tried wired cable and the wi-fi. My desktop runs the game fine and is hard wired to the router. My cousin was able to download and run the game off the same wi-fi

I've been getting client lockups when zoning on an intermittent basis for several weeks now. My system is a desktop from IBUYPOWER, core i7-4790, Radeon R9 200 series video card, 16Gb memory running Win7 64-bit, with a hardwired connection through a Cisco router to my cable modem. Normally, when I zone, I see the progress bar start with a short segment, staying there for about a half second, then the progress bar disappears, and then reappears, moving fairly quickly and taking about five seconds to complete before the zone loads. When it locks, I get the initial short progress bar segment, and it stays there, suggesting that the client is wedging before starting the task that restarts the loading progress bar.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later

I finally got this issue resolved with at least my desktop, I have not booted my laptop to play CoH for awhile.

Desktop is Windows 10 1903, brand new and wired to the network, while my laptop was Windows 10 1903, but about 4 years old. For all intents and purposes, we will just take on what resolved my desktop since I have not attempted my laptop.

The issue was overall network latency caused by Outlook 365 attempting to sync an IMAP mailbox, and failing on several emails. Once the sync issue was resolved, network latency was better, and I have been running the client for about a week with only one drop while zoning and no issues entering the game from character select or character creation.

This issue MIGHT be limited to WIN 10 1903, but I cannot be certain, as other machines that did not have an issue were WIN 10 but the previous version and Windows 7.

Troubleshooting:

At first I was seeing bad but not horrible pings going to Google, but over time they became worse.

At first I stopped all unnecessary programs, and that did not resolve the issue.

I then assumed that maybe I had a malware infected device on my network (because, you know, kids) I turned off wireless on the router and it seemed to get better, then it would happen after while. My guess is that a reboot of the router caused the packet floods to subside until they built up again.

Any way, my pings did get better after removing the wireless clients, so I started eliminating wireless clients. After it kept happening, I decided to put a wired only router in, and that maybe it was the router. I had the same issue. What is funny, was that it might work good for a few hours, then BAM I was getting issues.

Since I was basically down to just my desktop, I knew there had to be something wrong on it. I had shut down all programs, but was still getting the issue. I was watching the network on Task Manager and noticed that even though outlook was closed, the process was still running and using like .1 Mbps of bandwidth. When I killed that process I noticed pings went from occasional packet loss and 90 - 150 ms pings down to 12 ms pings. So I shut down outlook fully and played for an evening without a crash.

So, then I was watching Outlook to see what might be the issue, and I noticed that whenever the sync progress bar stuck, I would get progressively worse pings followed by packet loss, then drops in the game. I went through the "Sync Issues" folder in the mailbox (thankfully it was only one of my 8 accounts) and found several emails that could not or would not sync. I removed or resolved them one by one until I was no longer getting sync issues. Once that was resolved, I was playing without crashes.

I was able to put my old router back. The issue I saw was caused by latency, and what appeared to be packet floods from both Outlook and CoH. Outlook because of the bad email, and CoH because it was constantly trying to send the drop packets because of the bad email. Together they seemed to cause a packet storm that either overwhelmed my PC, the router, or the server firewall thought it was a DDOS/Syn attack.

I hope this can help someone.

• 3 months later

Im having this problem, constantly. I crash when loading any zone about 80% of the time. Sometimes, I can load in and do a few missions/map loads bo problems. Other times, I log in on one map and as soon as I try to change maps it crashes. Most of the time, it crashes before loading the first map.

When this happens, Im on the map loading screen. It will take a long time to load, freezing at some point of the bar (usually about a quarter full but not always) then kick me back to the login screen. Then when I re-log in, it says 'that account is already logged in' and then brings me to the server selection menu.

I have reinstalled. I have played in only fullscreen mode. I am using a wired connection. I have allowed both CoH and tequila (and every other .exe with the download file) to do whatever it wants over my firewall/antivirus. All of my drivers are up to date. Does anyone have any other suggestions as to why this is happening?

Edited by Ravenclanner