Spooky Season Approaches! Homecoming's Halloween Event 2022!

Cobalt Arachne

Trick and Treated for a couple of hours last night, LOVE the EBs appearing for solo trick or treaters at level 25 plus.  I know there was some discussion on the Beta thread that this may be changed in the future, but I respectfully request that you keep it as it is.  The EBs are tough, but they are a welcome addition.

Absolutely love the looks of the Werewolf, Mummy and Vampire (in that order of preference) the Ghost slows down my terrible computer, but still like him, the Witch is, well, like the others and only pales in comparison to how great the Werewolf, Mummy and Vampire are.  The spawn rate is fine, I was able to get all the defeat badges for the EBs solo in a reasonable amount of time.  The rewards were great despite the couple of defeats I got getting a little careless fighting. (The Mummy is tough!)

The Badges look great!

• Like 2

My favorite is the Ghost - it has some serious Castlevania vibes. I also like the Mummy design, great big arms and the draping bandages looks excellent. Dracula and the Crone were cool too. The green Werewolf ghost dude was a nice refresh on the generic werewolf. And I love me some Prismatic Aethers for those badges, nice work team!

• Thanks 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

On 10/2/2022 at 2:48 PM, Cobalt Arachne said:

Badges, Badges, Badges!

Zone Trick-or-Treating! https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Halloween_Event/Trick_or_Treat

• Go to any zone appropriate to your level range, click any mission door, and you'll be surprised with either a Treat reward or a Trick spook!
  • Treats will reward a variety of things:
  • Tricks will spawn Halloween enemies! Worry not, as these enemies can be defeated for badges!

Zone Giant Monster Hunts! https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Halloween_Event/Giant_Monsters

• For the duration of the Halloween Event, you can find the giant monsters, Eochai and Jack-in-Irons, randomly throughout standard zones!
  • The pair are worth an exclusive badge for the first time defeating each, but every time they're defeated grants 6 Reward Merits to everyone who participated!
    • After being defeated, a new Eochai or Jack will respawn somewhere in the same zone shortly afterward, so if you search the zone, they can be defeated many times repeatedly for lots of Reward Merits!

Dr. Kane's House of Horrors Trial! https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Dr._Kane's_House_of_Horror

• Grab four allies and queue for the Dr. Kane's House of Horrors Trial from the Looking For Group (LFG) tab on your chat window!
    • Face lots of spooky enemies and earn plenty of badges in this short trial that's only available during the Halloween Event!
    • Tip: Prestige costumes also count for the 'Tricked Out' badge criteria!

On the badges + costumes front… when I used to use a temp costume change power on a kheldian, before toggle suppression, I would be in the COSTUME using FORM powers. So could get the tip mission and house of horror badges while transformed (the midnighter temp power from redside spitting energy balls was fun).

With toggle suppression, will it still count as being in a costume even though I have a costume active, but it is suppressed, while in dwarf?

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png

Love the nod to "Plants VS Zombies" with the Traffic Cone Zombie, nice.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

46 minutes ago, JoeMage said:

So how can you earn more aether beyond the ten you get with that badges?

Do a Weekly Strike Target, Incarnate trials, and the Advanced Difficulty Dr. Aeon Strike Force and Advanced Difficulty Imperious Task Force.  The Advanced Difficulty ASF and ITF are the best sources by far.

See the Page 4 release notes for details. -

Edited by Astralock
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/2/2022 at 9:48 AM, Cobalt Arachne said:

Is there's a place where we can see pictures of the costumes offered? like a catalogue? ..if not!? maybe create one!? 😉

On 10/2/2022 at 9:48 AM, Cobalt Arachne said:

Not only that! But each of these new badges also rewards 2 Prismatic Aether Particle salvage as a bonus, for a grand total of 10 possible on each character! Wow!

salvage_PrismaticAetherParticle.png.1867c576aa3257754c87c06cbeb11dc2.pngsalvage_PrismaticAetherParticle.png.1867c576aa3257754c87c06cbeb11dc2.png    salvage_PrismaticAetherParticle.png.1867c576aa3257754c87c06cbeb11dc2.pngsalvage_PrismaticAetherParticle.png.1867c576aa3257754c87c06cbeb11dc2.png    salvage_PrismaticAetherParticle.png.1867c576aa3257754c87c06cbeb11dc2.pngsalvage_PrismaticAetherParticle.png.1867c576aa3257754c87c06cbeb11dc2.png    salvage_PrismaticAetherParticle.png.1867c576aa3257754c87c06cbeb11dc2.pngsalvage_PrismaticAetherParticle.png.1867c576aa3257754c87c06cbeb11dc2.png    salvage_PrismaticAetherParticle.png.1867c576aa3257754c87c06cbeb11dc2.pngsalvage_PrismaticAetherParticle.png.1867c576aa3257754c87c06cbeb11dc2.png

Ten whole Prismatic Aether Particles that you can earn on every character! 

Costume Goodies!

• Fancy any of those Halloween costumes and wish you could keep them permanently?
    • If you earn all five of this year's new Halloween event badges, you'll have enough Prismatic Aether currency to purchase one permanent Tier 1 Prestige Costume of your choosing from any of the BenevoLabs vendors found at Vault Reserve locations! Nice!

• The Halloween Salvage vendors are also offering a new limited-time Fir Bolg Prestige Costume, which will be available for the entirety of the month of October each year!
    • The Fir Bolg prestige costume costs 10 Prismatic Aether Particles + 50 of each Halloween salvage type.

A handy thing to have while scouting the GM crowd is a macro to say what you saw and where, and if you are 50 what you are about to do:

/macro Hunt s Hey Look, a $target there at $loc, League Port incoming!

or if you are without incandescence

/macro Hunt s Hey Look, a $target there at $loc, Make you way over amigos

Both of these assume you are either on the league channel or broadcast already, as what good are GM drops if not shared. You see the Strangest people at these fights...

screenshot_221010-20-50-34.jpg

screenshot_221009-20-19-06.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Okay, I love the new Elite Bosses and the badges they drop. I do, however, have a teeny thing I feel weird about:

One of my favorite things around Halloween was hunting Unseelie fey for the Ghost Touched badge. They were basically the rarest Halloween monsters (I think they only ever naturally spawned around Jack In Irons which was a really nice nod to the folklore surrounding him, but that's another topic.) Having the new Unseelie Elite Boss showing up from regular Trick Or Treat doors is a nice way to showcase them, but I wound up accidentally earning the Ghoust Touched badge for defeating 20 Unseelie for fighting them. On the one hand, I think they should totally count toward that badge (why wouldn't they?). On the other hand, I feel like it's a little weird that this super rare enemy spawn is now easier to find as an Elite Boss through trick or treating than it is to find the regular minion versions of them. It's making the Vorthos and Melvin sides of my brain argue with each other and I'm not sure how to reconcile them.

8 hours ago, biostem said:

This got me thinking - we have a Medusa hairstyle and face, so now we need a flying disembodied Medusa head!

Oh, I've been wanting all sorts of "disembodied" stuff for ages now, like gloves with no arms, nothing below the waist, like ghosts have, all that sorta thing.

• Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

• Community Rep

I wish I could list my Halloween Extravaganza Giveaway on the official list of events... Although, this year, it might not be on all the shards, since I'm having difficulty finding anyone to host on Indomitable and Torchbearer. But people can still make a random alt and come visit a participating base, and the Witch's House (BOO-17189) on Everlasting is a unique and sought after experience, all by itself. I can't offer badges or xp, but visit a base and get treats worth at least 10-20 million inf each? Pretty sweet deal. But a lot of people still have not heard about it.

All bases participating will be open on the 31st with treats for at least some hours, some bases will also be open on the 30th for some hours. More information soon to come!

-Dacy

Halloween Event.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

21 hours ago, Dacy said:

Halloween Extravaganza Giveaway

This was excellent last year. A GM should be able to assist with posting an unoffical event.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

• Community Rep
46 minutes ago, Troo said:

This was excellent last year. A GM should be able to assist with posting an unoffical event.

Thank you! Um..what can they do that would differentiate it from something I could post? I am a little lost as to what I can ask for. 🙂

-Dacy

12 minutes ago, Dacy said:

Thank you! Um..what can they do that would differentiate it from something I could post? I am a little lost as to what I can ask for. 🙂

-Dacy

Really not a ton.

For the level of effort put into the bases and the organizing, a little extra promotion is warranted. You and the crew might also deserve a little 'official' recognition as well.

• They can pin it.
  • There are also Staff and Dev feeds that people follow (so if they post the event or reply to)
  • They can help cross post it to the Event calendar if you've never done that.

@GM Widower @GM Kaiju might know who can assist.

I'd do it for you but then my name is on it.

Edited by Troo
  • Thumbs Up 3

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

• Community Rep

And here's who you can thank. 🙂 Such awesome people who help me!!

Special thanks to @Easter Bunny for his help, costuming, and ever present support; @aalyasenai for her assistance as well, Night Raven (unsure of her global here) for DJ services.

Giveaway Thank you(3).png

Edited by Dacy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Dacy said:

Night Raven (unsure of her global here) for DJ services.

How do you access this "DJ service" during the event?

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.