Binding a Letter to toggle Flight off & on.

DJThunder

Could someone assist me in with doing a binding for the Letter T into a toggle for flight? I am no good at remembering on how to do it. I know, it's something like /bind T...something. lol

Any advice would be Super! 😎

Try this:

/bind T "powexec_name Fly"

Here are some other resources if you want to do anything more complicated than that:

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Bind_(Slash_Command)

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/The_Incomplete_and_Unofficial_Guide_to_/bind

• Thumbs Up 1

I have a favourite macro:

/macroimage Flight_JumpJet Fly "powexec_name Hover$$powexec_name Sprint"

/macroimage Flight_JumpJet creates a neat little "Fly" icon for my tray that can't be confused with Flight, Hover, Afterburner, or Evasive Maneuvres. "Fly" is the macro tag which you can replace with any other keyword like run or jet or leviosa. 

I put this macro button in slot 6, and when I click it, it switches from Hover to Sprint. one, because I find no need for sprint to be on while hover is on; and secondly, some maps force me out of hover. clicking the button will switch from hover or sprint any time.
I also have Flight on slot 6, so when I'm hovering and I need to go faster or when I'm running and I need to take off, I can simply press 7
Note that Evasive Maneuvres can still be on and will still provide benefits if you're not flying or hovering.

If you need a key that is closer to your fingertips and not take up space on the power tray(s), then you can use Chemist's suggestion. Here is the basic syntax if you want to create your own:

/bind [key] powexec_name [power]
"key" is the keyboard button you wish to elect. use capital letters. I tend to use C, V, B, G, and T (and sometimes repurpose R) for most of my keybinds since they are closest to my WASD hand.
"power" is the official syntax a specific power has. If you don't know what it is, just drag the icon of the power to your chat box and it will display the long version. you can just use the last part for your bind. Some examples are Combat Teleport, Flight, Hover, Mystic Flight, Translocation, Speed of Sound, Jaunt. 
quotation marks are not as important as underscores. quotes just helps you visually identify which part of the syntax is the actual command, but underscores can sometimes be crucial to making the keybind work.

another version similar to above is 
/bind [key] powexec_location [place] [power]
this will activate your power at a specific location, which is sometimes useful for TP powers or ranged AoEs
"place" can be specific points like Front:10 (10 feet in front of you), or Back:40 (40 feet behind you)... I use the latter one for TP to fire off short range cones
it can also be "Target" which will select your current target as the location, or Cursor (max distance at the direction wherever your pointer is at), or Self which will activate the power on your location (useful for pets or pseudo pets like Lightning Storm)