BUILD - Voltak's Fire/Kinetics - 4 Star ITF and AEON Proven, Farm Proven, even Solo's Rikti 54x8 NO INSPIRATIONS, NO DEATHS.

Voltak

On 5/24/2023 at 8:11 PM, Latex said:

I've achieved this build and it's awesome!

Is there any ways to squeeze more out of it with a higher budget? This would give me more build goals to aim for.

The other way is for a proc build.  
Now, be advised, due to the changes in the game, having soft cap S/L defense now is not the same as it was before the changes.  You are going run into more risks. 
In that case a lot changes, since it is no longer a range defense build.  
With a range defense build, the goal would be to just place the procs after you reach the 45 line. 

I play procs when in teams that buff me.  I just unslot some stuff and slot the procs in.  
I carry them with me and I carry unslotters.  

Otherwise I don't run proc build when I am solo doing some of this stuff 

• 6 months later

@VoltakAfter some discussion on Discord, I am wondering how you would do this if you were going to run it with Electric instead of fire.  I think I can get pretty close but I am wondering what I may be leaving on the table by not using the king of DPS

Edited by Drederik
tag

13 hours ago, Drederik said:

@VoltakAfter some discussion on Discord, I am wondering how you would do this if you were going to run it with Electric instead of fire.  I think I can get pretty close but I am wondering what I may be leaving on the table by not using the king of DPS

I took a screen shot of a build I have currently on one of my corruptors that has Elec as the blast set. 

This is an efficient but still very economic build.  

You can use this and adapt it for yourself for Elec blast set on your corruptor 

image.thumb.png.592824938f3d4afdd591bc2cab1d906e.png

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Voltak said:

I took a screen shot of a build I have currently on one of my corruptors that has Elec as the blast set. 

This is an efficient but still very economic build.  

You can use this and adapt it for yourself for Elec blast set on your corruptor 

image.thumb.png.592824938f3d4afdd591bc2cab1d906e.png

Thanks so much for the quick replies!!

Yours came out a little different but I think I got all the pieces you had in your fire build.  Anything I could tweak?

Helmut Spargle v2 - Corruptor (Electrical Blast - Kinetics).mbd

Edited by Drederik

2 hours ago, Drederik said:

Thanks so much for the quick replies!!

Yours came out a little different but I think I got all the pieces you had in your fire build.  Anything I could tweak?

Helmut Spargle v2 - Corruptor (Electrical Blast - Kinetics).mbd 44.11 kB · 0 downloads

What matters is the range defense numbers, the recharge, the HPs, and the dmg resists.  
If those are as good or better than mine, then go for it. 

Range defense is king 

11 minutes ago, Voltak said:

What matters is the range defense numbers, the recharge, the HPs, and the dmg resists.  
If those are as good or better than mine, then go for it. 

Range defense is king 

I moved around the powers to get some things earlier since looking at this build.  I am guessing they adjusted what you can get and when since I played last

Haste is 315%

I feel like I have a toggle off or something since my numbers are much higher than yours with the same enhancements 

image.png.11c0b2aaeea67fc0c879c71f697c1b54.png

10 hours ago, Drederik said:

I moved around the powers to get some things earlier since looking at this build.  I am guessing they adjusted what you can get and when since I played last

Haste is 315%

I feel like I have a toggle off or something since my numbers are much higher than yours with the same enhancements 

image.png.11c0b2aaeea67fc0c879c71f697c1b54.png

NO question, no doubt that you have something toggled on, which should not be on.  Those numbers are no where near realistic

On 12/5/2023 at 10:53 PM, Drederik said:

Ahh, yeah I have the same numbers you were able to get, just had the toggles on.

Also, do you see any reason not to get the powers earlier as in this version of the build?

The build I posted was made before the game changes, so do not think the powers in the build (MIDS)  is a reflection of things as they really are. 

• 1 month later

Tried to tweak the initial Fire/Kin build into Water/Kin, not sure if I'm doing this right, thoughts on the build?

I've not much clue what powers in Water are awful and which are good. Though using Whirlpool as a mini-Sleet (2 -RES Procs) seemed pretty neat.

Water.Kin.mbd

• 4 weeks later

Hi @Voltak would you mind updating this to the recent changes? I don't know what to get after Fulcrum Shift tbh, I'm not that new to the game but very new to Corruptor. I got Evasive Maneuvers in place of Afterburner (because I already have it somehow) and I'm thinking about getting Power Mastery > Power Build Up for the next level. Don't know what to slot though and whatever else I should get.

Having said that, all the rest has been very good in TFs and groups and I'm seeking more builds like this, it fits greatly in my playstyle (ranged / some support / etc).

On 2/7/2024 at 11:07 AM, bsides said:

Hi @Voltak would you mind updating this to the recent changes? I don't know what to get after Fulcrum Shift tbh, I'm not that new to the game but very new to Corruptor. I got Evasive Maneuvers in place of Afterburner (because I already have it somehow) and I'm thinking about getting Power Mastery > Power Build Up for the next level. Don't know what to slot though and whatever else I should get.

Having said that, all the rest has been very good in TFs and groups and I'm seeking more builds like this, it fits greatly in my playstyle (ranged / some support / etc).

What do you mean after recent changes ?

Are you prevented from taking the following ?

Level 38: Fulcrum Shift -- Acc-I(A)
Level 41: Afterburner -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A). ( EVASIVE MANEUVERS now ) 
Level 44: Dark Embrace -- UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(46), UnbGrd-ResDam(46), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(48)
Level 47: Power Boost -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Tactics -- HO:Cyto(A)

This is all in the build posted. 

If you are going for another Epic poo, then sure, power mastery, then PBU , then tactics 

Edited by Voltak

@Voltak I couldn't select Dark Embrace... and then I noticed it's from Soul Mastery and that requires me to do a mission to unlock. Didn't know all that so it's time to study a little more 😉 Sorry for the mistake.

While we're here, what do you think about Temp Invulnerability instead of Dark Embrace?

EDIT: Also, I don't know what HO:Cyto(A) means (for lv49 Tactics) and it shows as a weird circle in Mids Reborn. Could anyone explain how to discover what is it based on the text? It'd be much appreciated for all the other builds I see often too. Thank you!

Edited by bsides

8 hours ago, bsides said:

@Voltak I couldn't select Dark Embrace... and then I noticed it's from Soul Mastery and that requires me to do a mission to unlock. Didn't know all that so it's time to study a little more 😉 Sorry for the mistake.

While we're here, what do you think about Temp Invulnerability instead of Dark Embrace?

EDIT: Also, I don't know what HO:Cyto(A) means (for lv49 Tactics) and it shows as a weird circle in Mids Reborn. Could anyone explain how to discover what is it based on the text? It'd be much appreciated for all the other builds I see often too. Thank you!

I like Soul Mastery for Power Boost and for Dark embrace;  Dark embrace provides resistance to neg energy and that is all over the ITF.  
Soul Mastery also has soul drain for some builds. 

For another build you could try Power Mastery epic , but that's for some other content. 

Good thing is you can have 3 builds in one character. 

HO is Hamidon Origin enhancement (Cyto) 

• Thumbs Up 1

The videos are misleading. Every video has a team, nothing is being soloed. There are also no videos of Fire Farms which when you say "Farm Proven" that is what people are going to think. I don't see how this can survive a page 5 4x8 fire farm solo. I've made it on the test server, and you nearly will insta die on Page 5 farms. You may be able to use incarnate barrier temporarily (anyone can do this though?), but after it wears off, it's still GG.

On 2/10/2024 at 7:22 AM, Zizzy said:

The videos are misleading. Every video has a team, nothing is being soloed. There are also no videos of Fire Farms which when you say "Farm Proven" that is what people are going to think. I don't see how this can survive a page 5 4x8 fire farm solo. I've made it on the test server, and you nearly will insta die on Page 5 farms. You may be able to use incarnate barrier temporarily (anyone can do this though?), but after it wears off, it's still GG.

Videos are not misleading.  No one said every video is this character soloing everything in every video.  

The claim I made at the title OF ONE SINGLE VIDEO, AMONG ALL OF THEM  says that the character can "...even solo Rikti at 54x8, no insps"
I have done it.  In addition to that, I did provide a video where I was with a friend (a blaster) and we duo'd the map, first mission of the LG TF.   
He went one way.  
I went another way. 
Certain few times we ended up in same spot. 
But make no mistake, I can confidently say I have done it alone and so has he as well.  
It's a great map for xp.  
He introduced me to that map.  

You saying "THE videos are misleading", that's not true.  

There is a build for farming (non fire maps) , fire farming, that's a different build, power choices, IOs, all different. 

This post was made before Page 5. 

Edited by Voltak