Focused Feedback: Necromancy Revamp

8 hours ago, Lazarillo said:

I'm not sure what to think of the lower duration/recharge on Soul Extraction.  The Necro/Pain I was using to test had things set well so Extraction and World of Pain came back up at the same time, and the wraiths got the benefits of it, therefore, too, which was nice, because they could get killed on their own, in addition to disappearing if the pet they're linked to goes down. From memory, they weren't too sturdy when I missed the windows.  I'll have to do some more testing and see if this ends up being as much of an indirect nerf as it looks like it might be.

Following up on this previous comment, I did do some testing and...it's fine, I guess.  The wraiths are so short term that they don't need much survivability, and in some ways, I guess, trying to time and sync things was a pain anyway.  So a small nerf, but not in a way that's going to be a major issue.

Also, I notice that the buff icons for the spirits were changed from a stacking thing to separate ones for each of the blasts.  I still woulda liked the rings, but I'll settle for that.  Overall, the set's looking solid and I'm excited to play it on "live".

...as soon as I figure out what I can do about the build's Endurance woes, anyway.

• Like 1

Playing a fully kit'd out necro/time running juncture, epic armor, hover and combat jumping. I didn't have too bad of an endurance issue using my attacks and time powers. Naturally, Chronoshift helped so maybe that's it but using the blasts every minute or two to conserve endurance isn't so bad.

I'll try to find time to test necro/(no end buff)set and see. But I mostly agree; the endurance tax masterminds have feels egregious now that the attacks are more usable. Especially for something like storm summoning- yeesh.

• Like 1

I kinda like the change, it works since the ghost comes out pretty aggressively. I was playing with the more classic necro/dark setup so there's a lot of healing. I could summon the ghosts on each mob where the normal crew of my zombies and dark servant could clean up the bosses that were left. I got it to around 16sec of downtime between casts and I still need to optimize the recharge on the build itself so with Hasten, Ageless it should cut a few more that'll be nice for sub 45+ content.

I just made one on beta to see if i would like them. I use to have one on live but the thing i hate about masterminds is the pets just die to fast. One AOE and splat your screwed. I am trying a necro/dark. So far with the new things he is wroking out really well. I hate trying to get pets alive all the time. Not sure if Dark Mas is just good.

I had a demon thermal and it felt like to much work with thermal. I may try and make one on beta to see if she plays better

• Widower unpinned and locked this topic