Hop on over to the beta server to test out some Page 5 power updates!

Glacier Peak

2 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

In addition to the fact that many of the more vocal forum posters are also forum moderators on their alternate account, some of the forum posters are also developers.

I am not, nor have I ever been a GM or Dev.

However, I may or may not be Ryan Reynolds.

https://variety.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/aviation-gin-ryan-reynolds.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Wavicle said:

I don't know what your build looks like. Maybe on a Purpled Out t4 Incarnate build these changes don't make you any more durable.

On a normal levelling build these changes make you SIGNIFICANTLY more durable.

This may be a fair point. My testing was brief. I hopped in the map amid the usual +4/8, Unai Kemen freak map. 
I went about my attack chain and stood there after FE, Burn, Frost, Frozen Aura and had to wait for Burn to recharge. Normally I do not. So, for me, it's too slow. I worked hard on that build, making it just so. So, now, my time invested thus far is gone, can't get it back. Additionally more time will need to be spent trying to recoup the recharge at risk of other attributes, and hoping I can find a balance between them all. All because of some nefarious evil doers and some vocal minority that despises farming. I guess they want to pay more for IOs. Fine with me. 

In fairness, I did not test a leveling character; the character was already 50 when I copied it over there. My character is already 50, so I didn't see a need to test it leveling up. 
And let's be very clear - there won't be nearly enough time to level a character up normally on Brainstorm to determine how good or bad it would be. I tried that with Stone blast. Made it to level 13 when the patch hit. I don't know what they expected of us in that kind of testing. 

I wanted to run a mission at level 5, 8, 12, 15, 18, 20, 25 to determine how end recovery from the sustain held up. How damage seemed to scale at the various levels. But, they didn't leave things on Brainstorm long enough. The pushed it out as if some publisher was looking over their shoulder. There's only so much time I can devote to it in a given week. 

If this change in burn proceeds as offered, what will likely happen is the cost of all the goods sold will increase. Most of the fun had by the fiery aura characters will be diminished - at least for most people. Perhaps my complaints will land on an ear that hears and possibly understands. Or maybe the other cries that 45 seconds is too long, and 32 might be better will get to the powers that be. I've no idea. I just know it's the wrong way to the wrong direction for me. 

As I've digested the reasons for the last page changes, I can better accept this undesired change. But I will not like it. If it goes through in any form, it will be a headache at best, mainly because respecs are a headache. If it goes through with the 45 second, I'm going to play less and market more. And I don't think anyone wants that. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

I'm not responding to your post so much as to say that the community is stronger together than it is apart. 

Using the "us" versus "them" argument (players and the Homecoming staff, respectively) is an easy way to drum up drama or make a simple point, but it is divisive and ends up creating a mentally among the community that we aren't all players who enjoy the game. As you point out in your post, players are developers and developers are players.

See...I read this...and I just don't see it. I am obtuse, mind you. Sometimes painfully slow. I've an ex-wife that can attest to that. 

If it is truly "US" and not "US vs. Them", then why do they not share the direction and rationale behind changes before they get to Brainstorm to test? 

I can read all day about "Well, consulting the people that actually play the game is a slippery slope, and it's just not done in industry. Those players have no idea how to run a game."

They are the ones that have made this dividing line by not being transparent. They are their own worst enemy by labeling something a "Feedback" thread - but they don't want feedback. They don't care what we think. They just want to know if it works. I can't get to the part "Does it work" until I get to the part "why the changes?" and "Why this specific change?"

First things first. 

I'll try to illustrate. Girlfriend makes a dish with chicken in it. 
I ask, "what's the occasion?" 
I also ask, "what's in it?"

If she tells me to just eat it and doesn't share the ingredients, I'm not going to eat it. She doesn't know me well enough to know what I like and what I don't. 

Now you may say, "She's not cooking for just you."

And I'll say, "But she's still asking me to eat it!" 

Now, of course, I can simply choose not to eat. I have that right. But I like chicken. I just want to know why the recipe changed! I want to know what's in it. Why did she decide to take it out early? Raw chicken is dangerous!

So anyway, yeah, I guess I'm hungry again. 

To sum up, I have an understanding why now, but I don't have to like it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

12 minutes ago, Ukase said:

See...I read this...and I just don't see it. I am obtuse, mind you. Sometimes painfully slow. I've an ex-wife that can attest to that. 

If it is truly "US" and not "US vs. Them", then why do they not share the direction and rationale behind changes before they get to Brainstorm to test? 

I can read all day about "Well, consulting the people that actually play the game is a slippery slope, and it's just not done in industry. Those players have no idea how to run a game."

They are the ones that have made this dividing line by not being transparent. They are their own worst enemy by labeling something a "Feedback" thread - but they don't want feedback. They don't care what we think. They just want to know if it works. I can't get to the part "Does it work" until I get to the part "why the changes?" and "Why this specific change?"

First things first. 

If she tells me to just eat it and doesn't share the ingredients, I'm not going to eat it. She doesn't know me well enough to know what I like and what I don't. 

Now you may say, "She's not cooking for just you."

And I'll say, "But she's still asking me to eat it!" 

Now, of course, I can simply choose not to eat. I have that right. But I like chicken. I just want to know why the recipe changed! I want to know what's in it. Why did she decide to take it out early? Raw chicken is dangerous!

So anyway, yeah, I guess I'm hungry again. 

To sum up, I have an understanding why now, but I don't have to like it. 

I can talk food metaphors all day - I love me some food. 

Say Pancakes GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

32 minutes ago, Ukase said:

And let's be very clear - there won't be nearly enough time to level a character up normally on Brainstorm to determine how good or bad it would be. * * * *

I wanted to run a mission at level 5, 8, 12, 15, 18, 20, 25 to determine how end recovery from the sustain held up.

You probably already know this, but there is a "freebies" menu in the same little icon where you change difficulty and trigger emotes.  In that menu, you can choose to auto level to whatever level you want, get whatever IOs you want at whatever level you want, all for free.

What I sometimes do to test a leveling build is to get a level or two "naturally" and then boost it to a nice number like 10, 23, 27, 35, etc and play at the designated level for a bit until moving to the next milestone just to get a feel at different stages without having to go the full 1-50.

• Thumbs Up 6

4 hours ago, Wavicle said:

I don’t consider AFK farming a valid form of gameplay. So nerfs that basically only hurt AFK farming are irrelevant, or simply good.

I felt the same way, but I was too much of a coward to say it.  Thank you for putting it out there.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Shadeknight said:

Burn got changed.

Would you look at that!

Burn

• This power should no longer summon multiple burn patches.
  • This power should now hit 5 enemies instead of 4.
  • Radius reverted back to 8ft.
  • Procs should no longer trigger multiple times per target when using this power.
  • Burn Flames should now inherit the power Accuracy enhancements.
  • Burn Flames now inherit AT classes, caps, and modifiers.
  • Cast time reverted back to 2.03s.
  • Recharge reverted back to 25s.
  • Fixed a bug where the power was not inheriting damage buffs.

😁

Edited by Glacier Peak

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

I mean, it won't stop so long as people believe they are owed something for donating.

It won't stop so long as people believe they know better than the people actually working with the math and the coding.

It's the cycle of life.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

13 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

I shouldn't see "the devs don't respond to feedback or revoke any changes the players don't like" EVER AGAIN.

But I will.

You won't see it from me. 

I was pretty vocal  verbal about the proposed change in page 4 where vet levels wouldn't be earned in AE. Then they changed it to remove the emp->reward merit conversion. 
I specifically made a point to laud the fact that I felt like I was listened to and my opinion felt like it mattered. 

Some of these forum folks - they reply to my comments as if I'm completely in error in my thinking because their thinking is accurate. They really bring out the worst in me sometimes. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I tried to make one of these just a week ago and I couldn't. I know it's got something to do with holding both blades and the shield being a no-go...but ...what if someone was able to make it? And play it? Or was that just on Brainstorm? 

Someone PLs their new tank to 50, goes through some incarnate trials...logs in to find half the characters powers are wiped out and replaced with...what? 

image.png.185fad53f5c4592a34364ee494d9dc23.png

1 hour ago, Bionic_Flea said:

What I sometimes do to test a leveling build is to get a level or two "naturally" and then boost it to a nice number like 10, 23, 27, 35, etc and play at the designated level for a bit until moving to the next milestone just to get a feel at different stages without having to go the full 1-50.

*nods*  That's my Beta pattern.  Street sweep around Atlas for a level or two, jump to 6 and run KR radios, then work upwards by steps - generally right at the bottom of a zone's range.  (Because in my experience that's where the rude surprises usually lurk.)

• Thumbs Up 1

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

While the Burn recharge time increase was reverted on Brainstorm Page 5, the defence debuffs that were added to the sword attacks in fiery melee completely decimate defences. If these defence debuffs remain on the sword attacks it will mean the end of fire farms -- RIP.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Digirium said:

If these defence debuffs remain on the sword attacks it will mean the end of fire farms -- RIP.

It certainly hurts and may require respecs or changing your AE critters.  But fire farms will go on.

PS.  I don't like the -defense in fire melee and hope they revert it.  It's bad, but it's not doooooooooooooooom.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bionic_Flea said:

It certainly hurts and may require respecs or changing your AE critters.  But fire farms will go on.

PS.  I don't like the -defense in fire melee and hope they revert it.  It's bad, but it's not doooooooooooooooom.

I'm wondering where they got the idea to give Fire Melee of all sets defense debuffs.  That feels like "This set needs a buff, get out the hat".

Yup, as someone pointed out to me in the FM feedback thread, farms can be adjusted to not use any of the sword attacks and still reward 100% on critter minions and Lts, virtually almost 100% on bosses. So RIP fire farms not yet.

Edited by Digirium
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Bionic_Flea said:

It's a net gain for Fire Melee users, and a small adjustment for AE farmer publishers.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Ukase said:

I too have problems with my wife conspiring with the vizier to end my rule in order to ascend to the throne herself

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Thumbs Up 1

@Twi - Phobia on Everlasting

6 hours ago, golstat2003 said:

So about Hugh Jackman in the next deadpool. Is he going to waring the traditional wolverine costumer? Yay or Nay? 🙂 

There may or may not be a joke in the script about Wolverine trying to wear his Yellow and Blue suit, but Deadpool washed it for him and then put it in the dryer on high heat and it shrunk so he has to wear something else. Wolverine gets mad and cuts Deadpool's dryer in half.

I wouldn't know for sure as I may or may not be....spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1