Dominator Proliferation: Illusion Control

Uun

On 10/14/2022 at 7:40 PM, Cheveyo said:

Illusion/Energy is something I've always wanted to play. Even way back before Dominators were a thing. I always thought "man, energy blast would be sick to have with this set."

Now I finally get to make it happen.

how are you finding it? Had a chance to play? 🙂 

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png

On 10/6/2022 at 7:49 PM, Luminara said:

I did some Trick or Treating with my Dark/Martial this evening.  I was planning to skip it with this character, but I just had to know how it would perform.  Safe... but I ran out of endurance so many times, it wasn't funny.  Even with all of the +Damage I've piled up, it just doesn't hit hard enough to defeat those new EBs before bottoming out, and that's with 3.71 EPS Recovery (2.91 net).  I'll have to remember to grab the +Recovery empowerment buff before I make another run.

I love /Martial, but it's a get in, get off, get out set, not a set good for an extended fight.

Yeah, I was taking an Illusion/Martial for a run through the Incarnate Arc on Beta because I'm trying to decide if I like it well enough to make Major Decoy Illusion/Martial on Excelsior. I like Spinning Kick and Thunder Kick well enough, and they pair nicely with Boxing and Crosspunch to feel like "Hey, I'm a tough hand to hand combatant"

I'm just not fond of the throwing star attacks. I keep trying different ones and they're all just huge and weightless. My last build tried Toxic Dart, which was deeply unsatisfying. It's beginning to feel like I really will just end up holding off on this build until Street Justice gets proliferated.