Trick Arrow/Tactical Arrow alternate weapon options

Probably a huge pain to implement, but in case it just hasn't come up:

I'd love to be able to make a Dual Pistols toon using one of the above-mentioned powersets to expand the swap ammo power into them having all the specialized ammunition.  I.E. being able to skip the bow & arrow for trick/tactical arrow and instead have it continue to use my pistols (or presumably assault/beam rifles for the people who like those) for the powers from that set.

Any chance of making this a thing?

• Like 1

I don't think there's any precedent for the kind of huge overhaul of a powerset like you're describing.  It'd probably be far easier to add the small pistol crossbows as a weapon model option for dual pistols., and maybe some sort of larger 2-handed crossbow as an option for AR and/or beam rifle.

29 minutes ago, biostem said:

I don't think there's any precedent for the kind of huge overhaul of a powerset like you're describing.  It'd probably be far easier to add the small pistol crossbows as a weapon model option for dual pistols., and maybe some sort of larger 2-handed crossbow as an option for AR and/or beam rifle.

Yeah, I kind-of suspect this one isn't happening, but figured I'd ask.  That said, I don't think what you're suggesting is quite the same as what I'm looking for.  I'm happy enough with the current models (though I'll agree that hand-crossbows would be a nice addition).  I want to be able to use the trick arrow power-set and have it look like my character is still using their pistols for it rather than switching weapons between the two sets.

Currently, assuming the sets mentioned, if my character has their pistols out and I want to fire a flash arrow, it looks something like this:

character switches to bow.

character fires an arrow.

flash vfx (and in-game effects) happen at target.

character switches back to pistols when I start shooting.

proposed alternative:

character keeps pistols out

character fires one of their pistols

flash vfx (and in-game effects) happen at target.

character still has pistols out, no switching back needed.

Edited by KnaveOfSwords
  • Like 1