Add a New Co-Op LFG Instance for Trick-or-Treating

Astralock

I have no idea how feasible this is.  I'm guessing "not."  But, here goes:

Much like a LFG instance was created for Rikti mothership raids, create a new co-op LFG instance of a zone area (Kallisti Wharf, Peregrine Island, Grandville, whatever... actually, now that I think about it, make it one of the Praetorian zones so as to not completely break immersion), and let all heroes, villains, and Praetorians from level 1 through 50 trick-or-treat together.  Much like the instanced Rikti mothership raid, automatically bump everyone that joins below level 50 to level 50.

This would solve a few issues:

• Heroes, villains, and Praetorians would be able to trick-or-treat together with no issues.  Let's face it, getting a red side or gold side trick-or-treat team (let alone league), together isn't easy.  It's not impossible, but it's like pulling teeth sometimes.
  • No worrying about making sure every team has a level 50 leader as everyone would be lackeyed to level 50.
  • Since it would be an instance, there should be less lag for everyone.

Now I imagine that Halloween zone events like the zombie invasion, Banners, and GMs would not be feasible, but that's fine.  Even without those, this would still be a win.

• Thumbs Up 6

1 hour ago, Krimson said:

Make a small zone that can be instanced. Put like four hotels in it with enough surrounding buildings to look like a city block. Maybe stick an Architect Entertainment building for good measure, and we could use it all year round. 😄

We could stick a couple motels in Echo Plaza!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, kelika2 said:

go

to

other

zones

That only works if you can herd the majority of cats to said other zone. 😄

11 hours ago, Astralock said:

actually, now that I think about it, make it one of the Praetorian zones so as to not completely break immersion

Gold Side / Praetoria are some really good looking zones, IMHO.  There's the one area of motels and houses on Neutropolis that could be a good location.

Edited by agentx5
  • Like 1

On 10/13/2022 at 2:48 PM, lemming said:

That still doesn't address the second and third bullet points in the original post.

On 10/14/2022 at 1:19 AM, agentx5 said:

Gold Side / Praetoria are some really good looking zones, IMHO.  There's the one area of motels and houses on Neutropolis that could be a good location.

Yeah, the Neutropolis residential zone is probably the best bet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheZag said:

Spooky atlas park,  its already made and decorated.  It just lacks functionality.

The renewed Atlas Park is awesome pulls from models used to make the Praetorian zones.  And the sewers and subway systems underneath and massive and eerie sounding

Honestly zones like Steel Canyon, Skyway, and Kings Row and yes even Peregrine Island could use some visual upgrades, but I know that'd have to be a labor of love because it's a lot of work and the tools will be rather limited (as in do zone editing software tools even exist for CoH anymore?)

Edited by agentx5

On 10/13/2022 at 12:48 PM, lemming said:

And rename it Eochai Plaza.

• Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

After three days of leading co-op ToT leagues in Kallisti Wharf, I have to say that this suggestion is really needed if at all possible.  League management in an open zone is a nightmare.

Two scenarios I've experienced in the three days I've led a co-op ToT league in Kallisti Wharf:

• If a level 50 team leader leaves the league, everyone on the team will suddenly drop to the level of the new team leader, creating a lot of death as a result.  People will beg for a level 50 team lead.  In the meantime, I send the new team leader a tell asking for him or her to make a specific level 50 on the team the new team leader.  A few minutes go by, with no response.  The whole time, people are complaining, and some are starting to quit the league.  So I have to start moving everyone out of that team to a new team to make a level 50 the team leader.
  • I had five teams on the league, but only four level 50 characters in the entire league including myself.  There were just no level 50 characters available for the fifth team.

Both scenarios would no longer be an issue with a ToT instance.

8 hours ago, Communistpenguin said:

Im pretty ok with kallisti wharf, but one idea, would be to add a Halloween island to Pocket D.  Maybe have spots for the banners and whatnot, and have it permanent zombie apocalypse or something. 

This was actually my idea also just from reading the thread title.  Red, Gold and Blue can all get to Pocket D so it's a good starting choice.

First idea: add a bunch of little "snow cabins" to the ski area, enabling ToT.  Downside is there's no real "zone level" for Pocket D?

Second idea: Talk to a special contact in Pocket D who will, during Halloween, transport you to a "mystical" zone where you can ToT.  Might be able to exemplar everyone to level 50 this way, just let them all join a "shared instance" where they can just do stuff, including ToT.  I'd vote for using the Croatoa map, it's got a Halloween vibe already.  Maybe some extra "doors" could just be added to the sides of building too to make a "hotel" like spot, the University might be a good area for this.