One insta 50 a month! Bad idea or Brainstorm?!?

Snarky

17 minutes ago, Shadeknight said:

It's pointing out there are places that do this.

There's no harm in dabbling in other servers or playing around on HC's test/beta server.

Except that when you say, "Cake server does this", what people hear is, "We don't want your kind here. Go play somewhere else."

Now, you can say, "But I didn't say that!" all day long and it doesn't matter. Human nature is what it is and that's what people hear. And you either know this and are being deliberately obtuse, or you honestly don't know this in which case you're welcome for the free lesson in social skills 101.

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

I like it as an option.  I would certainly use that option, every month.  I like to explore different builds and concepts, but I don't enjoy play at early levels and would like to skip it without grinding for 2+ hours (generally takes me longer than that, but I don't dual box and am somewhat shy about asking to join farms).

On the other hand, if the devs don't want to do it, it's not the end of the world or anything.  Nice to have, but not essential, as it were.

The main objections to the idea appear to be that either 1) People won't earn the lvl 50 (not sure why I should care about that, or why I would need my fellow players to "earn" anything while enjoying their hobby/recreation time) or 2) People won't learn how to properly play the AT (the "proper" way to play an AT is any way that you want, since it's your character.  I assume what they actually mean is play "skillfully", but that can be learned through practice at any level and, as other's have noted, this game does not require a ton of skill, unless you're playing on the hard mode settings).

On the other hand, if the suggestion is tanked, no biggie.  I'll go about my business and continue to enjoy the game, as usual.  😁

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Ghost said:

It would not ever stop.  Once someone gets what they ask for, they look around too see what to ask for next.

Wow.  I never looked at it this way.

Eyes wide open.

I am starting a new thread.

No one should put in suggestions.  If the game is modified based on their suggestions they just want more, More, MORE

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Wow.  I never looked at it this way.

Eyes wide open.

I am starting a new thread.

No one should put in suggestions.  If the game is modified based on their suggestions they just want more, More, MORE

Shut up and go glitter in the sunlight

• Haha 2

On 10/14/2022 at 10:10 AM, Krimson said:

People come to Homecoming because that's where the Community is.

fyi - I am here because of the back end and stability changes that were prioritized by Homecoming for running the game on modern systems.

21 hours ago, Snarky said:

they just want more, More, MORE

maybe an insta 40 rather than 50 would be a compromise?

there is still enough of a slog to become familiar with the ins and outs if some one so chooses.

the leveling from 40-50 should still generate enough drops to keep the market going.

Edited by Troo
  • Like 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

6 minutes ago, Troo said:

maybe an insta 40 rather than 50 would be a compromise?

there is still enough of a slog to become familiar with the ins and outs if some one so chooses.

the leveling from 40-50 should still generate enough drops to keep the market going.

I am crazy, not unreasonable.  This would knock off half the work and still, as you say, address many concerns raised upthread.

Honestly I did not put this in suggestions originally because I believe it has all the chances of a sailboat in a hurricane.  It was meant as sarcasm and I really think Widower took the entire thread too seriously.  But here we are.

There was a great idea about recycling 50s (which the OP deleted) with a memorable character walk to a "totally not the suicide" booth

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/14/2022 at 12:30 PM, Rudra said:

I've stated on this thread that I am not a fan of the instant-50 token and my mind has not changed. However, the comments about recycling a level 50 into something else? I actually like that idea. Have the token cost whatever the devs think is fair and have that character have to start over on their incarnate abilities. (I don't see any way to start over on vet levels as someone also suggested since those are marked by badges.) I think that is a fair compromise between the two sides of this debate.

Edit: Have them stay the same AT, just go with new power sets in that AT.

I could go for 'same AT, new Powersets' all day. It provides the 'new' feeling but it doesn't promote the idea that all ATs play alike.

And I don't think that this would be abused as much as people think. I can see each player, and not even every player, trading in an old toon when a new powerset comes out.