Please stop making suggestions and trying to have the game be different.

Snarky

18 minutes ago, ivanhedgehog said:

the GMs can be asked to hide any improper byplay.

troo but it can be slow and sometimes they don't agree. thread derailers are rarely stopped in time.

• Like 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Just now, Troo said:

troo but it can be slow and sometimes they don't agree. thread derailers are rarely stopped in time.

The choices they make in terms of what to leave up vs delete can often be pretty insulting - definitely no use relying on them.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, InvaderStych said:

Behold!

Oooo obvious secret messages referring to the original post.

image.png.c05ca00cd1df9a3f286bc0533a955af0.png

seriously though, is the marshmellow entity eating it's babies? someone else's babies?

is their head exploding?

this might be my new /jranger

image.png.4f6075143f12b05f4f645f3bc664364c.png

Edited by Troo
  • Haha 5

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

6 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Noooooo  It is a Plea!  (And I HATE having my crap moved)

We do not get to discuss the potential of a suggestion or whether a suggestion is even warranted. No means no.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Yaliw said:

This forum is a joke. It's always someone buttmad about something.

Welcome to Social Media, here's your straitjacket and daily meds allocation.  /s

No, really, y'all think this is just evident here? Oh you sweet summer child.  I've been dealing with snark, trolling, and e-peen measurement since the dialup BBS days.  Usenet used to have admins going after each other, scripting their servers to mass cancel the opposition's content (not just locally, but net-wide).  It was insane.  

I once had to deal with a 'complaint' from a USENET troll who was deliberately goading people into responding to him, so that their replies would automatically cross-post to HIS chartered discussion groups... and then he'd take that to their ISP's and demand that their accounts be cut off for 'Acceptable Use Policy Violations'.   His entire schtick was "abusing" abuse departments to silence any and all critics.  I took one look at his complaint, called up our AUP expert, "Oh is this Wollman again? Round-file the ticket on my authority, it's not even worth acknowledging receipt."   When the legal department of a multinational telecom classes someone as a Troll... yeah, they're the Platonic Ideal of trolldom, all others flounder in comparison to their trollish nature!  

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

That Lego set was what, like twenty bucks, right?

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 10/14/2022 at 4:50 PM, Snarky said:

Please do not ask for changes, or make any suggestions.  Likewise, please educate those who are asking for game changes or making suggestions.

So, it sounds like you're SUGGESTING we should do this.

Does this belong in the Suggestions section?  😛

• Haha 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

7 minutes ago, Ukase said:

The HC Team is like a woman, when she finally gains the commitment of the man she loves, endeavors to change him. 

image0.gif

That's...that's not a good thing to say at all.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

9 minutes ago, Ukase said:

I've said this before: The HC Team is like a woman, when she finally gains the commitment of the man she loves, endeavors to change him. 

On 10/14/2022 at 10:59 AM, Ukase said:

To be a man, you MUST be willing to appear inconsistent, and then change your mind, if the facts tell you that you've been wrong. Otherwise, you're a fool, sticking your head in the sand. 

Buddy, I think you have some stuff you need to reconcile with yourself

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

@Twi - Phobia on Everlasting

2 minutes ago, Shadeknight said:

That's...that's not a good thing to say at all.

You may not like it - but it's pretty accurate. The game, so many of us missed for years. Now, it's not that game any more. It's close. 

That said, I do like most of the changes. But I question where the changes will take us. And I think it's fair to be concerned about that. 

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

2 minutes ago, Indystruck said:

Buddy, I think you have some stuff you need to reconcile with yourself

You're confused. A man should be willing to change himself if he believes it's necessary. But he should not endeavor to change others - unless they want to change. That's the distinction. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ukase said:

I question where the changes will take us. And I think it's fair to be concerned about that. 

Well... it's not Animal Crossing yet, so that's good.  

• Haha 2

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

1 minute ago, Shadeknight said:

You...made a pretty misognystic statement to make a comparison about change.

How is that even remotely accurate?

There is nothing misogynistic about that statement. I didn't say "All women". You cannot be so naïve to think there's not a woman who has set about trying to change her man. 

So, it fits perfectly. The players love the game. So, they endeavor to change it. How can you not grasp the similarity? 

• Thumbs Down 2

17 minutes ago, Ukase said:

The HC Team is like a woman, when she finally gains the commitment of the man she loves, endeavors to change him. 

Romantic partners in general tend to do what Ukase posted.  In that way, it's 'accurate'.  Unfortunately the trope is proliferated as was posted above, as sexist. 

So let's not use that trope, please.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

Okay, your insistence on being a god forsaken sexist Boomer aside.

Change is one thing. It's natural. Just as natural as it is for change to not be liked. However, let me point out that in the topic of City of Heroes? NONE of the servers have remained Change-less. Rebirth has added a new AT and done QOL for several powers/ATs. Thunderspy, god forbid, has done so much to the ATs that its wild. Cake New Dawn has so many new ATs its wild.

Homecoming has done the same thing BUT added actual new optional content. They've done the same thing that every other server, barring Cake a little, has done - modified powers, added new powers, tweaked the flow of the game, and added optional additions including new story arcs. If anyone is upset that the game is changing? Well, you have no other choice - no other server sticks to i24 City of Heroes, and none (AFAIK) are ever going to. 

I get that people can (and should) be skeptical about change, but where in the fuck do you get off making change in a private server comparable to changing in a relationship? Hello? Did you get clobbered on the head by a steel toed boot in your youth? Did someone flick your ear so hard you had a factory reset?

Sidenote: I know Snarky is being silly with this thread and I mean nothing of what I say or said towards him. Perhaps he's just a little snarky (hue) due to his suggestion not getting 100% positive reception. Who knows.

• Thanks 6

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble