Please stop making suggestions and trying to have the game be different.

Snarky

11 minutes ago, Shadeknight said:

Okay, your insistence on being a god forsaken sexist Boomer aside.

How dare you infer all god forsaken boomers are sexist?

Where the F do you get off?

If you do not know I can tell you...

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Shadeknight said:

Change is one thing. It's natural. Just as natural as it is for change to not be liked. However, let me point out that in the topic of City of Heroes? NONE of the servers have remained Change-less. Rebirth has added a new AT and done QOL for several powers/ATs. Thunderspy, god forbid, has done so much to the ATs that its wild. Cake New Dawn has so many new ATs its wild.

Change is natural, but you can also have different aims or visions for said changes. Rebirth aims to try and stay close to classic CoH, while Homecoming doesn't really have a clear aim. Maybe modernization? Both are fine paths, but I don't think they're equal at all; it just depends on what's important about CoH *to you*. A purist will probably be happier on Rebirth, while those that want modernization would be happier on Homecoming. After spending some time on Rebirth myself, the two servers feel vastly different. I think it's safe to attribute this to the goals of both dev teams. Meaning, you can change whatever you want, but your overall intent can take the game down two different paths. You can't just assert that change is inevitable and all servers have seen changes, so they're all in the same boat. Direction matters a lot.

• Like 1

@Lev N

Excelsior/Everlasting/Rebirth

🏒🍁🏳️‍🌈

Just now, Nurvus said:

Change is natural, but you can also have different aims or visions for said changes. Rebirth aims to try and stay close to classic CoH, while Homecoming doesn't really have a clear aim. Maybe modernization? Both are fine paths, but I don't think they're equal at all; it just depends on what's important about CoH *to you*. A purist will probably be happier on Rebirth, while those that want modernization would be happier on Homecoming. After spending some time on Rebirth myself, the two servers feel vastly different. I think it's safe to attribute this to the goals of both dev teams. Meaning, you can change whatever you want, but your overall intent can take the game down two different paths. You can't just assert that change is inevitable and all servers have seen changes, so they're all in the same boat. Direction matters a lot.

I say change is inevitable because none of the current servers have thrived or - by inference of how all current servers have gone - will thrive off of sticking to i24 (the earliest form of CoH we can run, given SEGS is a bit different)

But otherwise, I agree with you.

• Like 1

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

1 hour ago, Ukase said:

There is nothing misogynistic about that statement. I didn't say "All women". You cannot be so naïve to think there's not a woman who has set about trying to change her man. 

I'll be honest, I've long had a low opinion of you based on the things you've said on these forums.  I've seen all kinds of sexist and racist excuses and this one I've seen several times.  Thank you for filtering yourself out and making my job easier.  You're no longer welcome in my content should you ever leave your AE farm.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

@Veracor - Veracor, Bio/TW Tanker on Everlasting.

Everlasting raid leader, Hamidon main tank, iTrial main tank -- hit me up if you have questions!

1 hour ago, Shadeknight said:

I get that people can (and should) be skeptical about change, but where in the fuck do you get off making change in a private server comparable to changing in a relationship? Hello? Did you get clobbered on the head by a steel toed boot in your youth? Did someone flick your ear so hard you had a factory reset?

Well, now that you mention it, I have been concussed ...a lot. Fastball to the nose, basketball to the back of the head, combination lock in a sock to the back of the head. So yeah, that's happened. 

What you don't know about my perspective could fill several pages - but we don't want to be overly verbose. 
And what you also don't know is that I was taking Snarky's silly position and just stretching it. I wasn't the least bit serious. But most of you guys don't know me, so there ya go. 

Doesn't matter. I still maintain there wasn't anything sexist about my comment. If it bugged you (and you're apparently not the only one - I'm sorry it bothered you. It doesn't make it any less valid in my eyes. 

I mean, it just doesn't make sense to me. 
People like the game. 
Let's change the game. 
We changed the game. 
Some people still like the game. 
Some people, not as much. 

Not sure I see how the logic fails. But hey, when dozens of people rail against a comment, I can either think it's the dozens of people, or the guy who made the comment. So, it's probably me. Won't be the first, won't be the last. 

I've said worse things before. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Except leaving the game stagnant will result in the slow and inevitable decay of the game. Besides the fact that none of there recent changes alter how the game plays on any meaningful level.

The majority of recent changes have been aimed at ensuring some degree of longevity. From tweaking the AE to incentivize players actually playing and not sitting afk in a crater. To adding new content that insentivizes both repeat running but also rewards knowing how to play the game effectively.

Every move they make isn't a hit, true. But find me one game where every patch is universally loved.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ukase said:

It doesn't make it any less valid in my eyes. 

FGReqWhXIAgAfoT?format=jpg&name=small

It's valid to compare change in a video game to a woman in a relationship? You somehow see nothing wrong with that?

I'm sorry, my guy, but it's become invalid the moment you resort to such weird and out of pocket analogies. Instead of going 'yeah I said something even remotely sexist', you're brushing it off as it just being you? Do you not understand a thing about what has been posted in response to your statement/comparison? Does it not ring any alarm bells that so far no one has come to go 'woah, he meant it like this' or whatever?

You've now TRIPLED DOWN. God help any woman who ever steps within a foot of you, because they must be miserable as hell.

I've said worse things before. 

Admitting to that doesn't help your case whatsoever.

I'm sorry it bothered you

This sort of apology isn't how you apologize. It's an apology, but you just don't triple down like this.

Edited by Shadeknight
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

unknown.png

2 minutes ago, Ukase said:

What you don't know about my perspective could fill several pages - but we don't want to be overly verbose. 
And what you also don't know is that I was taking Snarky's silly position and just stretching it. I wasn't the least bit serious. But most of you guys don't know me, so there ya go. 

Doesn't matter. I still maintain there wasn't anything sexist about my comment. If it bugged you (and you're apparently not the only one - I'm sorry it bothered you. It doesn't make it any less valid in my eyes. 

All I have are silly positions that are more or less designed to instigate discussion.  

Of late I have seen people I truly despise get their comeuppance in the me too era.  Good riddance.  Especially funny if they go broke or get prison time.

I have seen people I truly think are remarkably talented seem to go a little off the rails. (John Cleese....Do you have a publicist?  A PR person...get one!)

I have seen people I really enjoy as performers just get knocked loopy.  Bill Murray.  Sigh.  You gotta know I love this performer.  Personally, while I think (and my opinion is valueless) that he has some boundary issues I still believe he is a good guy.  A great guy even.  

i know from hanging out with Ukase that he is not misogynistic.  There is a woman lawyer who is part of his regular weekly group!  Anyone can think something in their head and have it come out wrong when they say it.  In their head they know they mean no offense.  I think this may have sounded a bit flat on the old music scale.  If anyone here is always perfect now is the time to get those big rocks and start warming up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I am not going to adjust my way of thinking unless I think it's wrong. 

Clearly, many of you took offense at my analogy. That's unfortunate. But I think some of you are in over your head. I have taken the time to send some of you DMs, as a courtesy. 

Do you know what the term means? I googled it, just in case I was the one in error. 

image.png.cd7f56a434e663b51746ce9200a51b3c.png

I never portrayed any hatred, contempt or prejudice against women. I merely pointed out something that some have done. I never said men didn't do the same thing. I never said any other people who identified as any other label didn't also experience these types of relationship. I just gave a quote from "Guys and Dolls", but all of you missed the reference. 

Again, if what I said offends you - I regret that you're offended. That's not my intent. But that doesn't mean what I said was in any way wrong. It was and is accurate. 

I do make mistakes. A lot. And if I sleep on this and wake up with an "ooooh....that's what bugged 'em" moment, I will come back and apologize. But, in this case, I don't think it's required. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

17 minutes ago, Ukase said:

Clearly, many of you took offense at my analogy. That's unfortunate. But I think some of you are in over your head. I have taken the time to send some of you DMs, as a courtesy. 

Do you know what the term means? I googled it, just in case I was the one in error. 

I never portrayed any hatred, contempt or prejudice against women. I merely pointed out something that some have done. I never said men didn't do the same thing. I never said any other people who identified as any other label didn't also experience these types of relationship. I just gave a quote from "Guys and Dolls", but all of you missed the reference. 

Again, if what I said offends you - I regret that you're offended. That's not my intent. But that doesn't mean what I said was in any way wrong. It was and is accurate. 

I do make mistakes. A lot. And if I sleep on this and wake up with an "ooooh....that's what bugged 'em" moment, I will come back and apologize. But, in this case, I don't think it's required. 

If you keep backpedaling like this, you might just be the first person to fall backwards off of the internet.

Edited by RunoKnows
i still can't spell
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

22 minutes ago, Ukase said:

I do make mistakes.

You keep making the same mistakes. You're downplaying people being annoyed or angry at you as "Oops I'm sorry that I offended you." rather than "I apologize for my statement." - which you've avoided a proper apology all this time. You've only kept holding your stance that a sexist statement you made (which is only preserved through quotes and screenshots now) isn't sexist. You try to refute that you aren't sexist, but without any good reason for anyone to believe you. Instead of going "I am sorry." in a better way? You've just avoided that entirely and been problematic in PMs to myself and others.

Instead of reflecting on the fact several people have made comments on your misogynic analogy, you want to say you did nothing wrong. You want to hold fast that you're in the right here and fuck everyone else. That sort of malicious arrogance is what further infuriates people. You aren't getting it through that you cannot just make a one-sided analogy towards women and not expect to get "Hold up, what the fuck?" reactions. You've even blatantly ignored AA's post - who you could have addressed and cleared the air. Instead you want to die on a hill about how your shit-tastic analogy is apt.

It's not that hard to just own up. To just understand that there's a reason why a number of people are not happy with what you said. That's all people want from this - for the realization that you can't just say these things. You cannot - without equal reaction.

Edited by Shadeknight
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

unknown.png

Can we all just get back to blaming @Snarky for changing the game? If we have to stop everytime someone puts their foot in their mouth we'll never make the Grand Canyon.

• Haha 8

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

39 minutes ago, Ukase said:

MOST people adjust their way of thinking when it's pointed out to them that yes, it is indeed wrong.  

Regardless of the source, or the intent, or the humor, in your analogy, multiple people have given you the Internet version of a hard glare and a "WTF??" so by now you should probably just take the loss on this one.  It was a mistake, a gaffe, a mis-step.  Trying to maintain "oh I meant to do that" is painting you into the "no really, I AM an assh*le" corner, and once you're in that corner there is no easy way back out of it.  

Your little poke at humor BLEW THIS THREAD UP.   That should indeed be your sign from above that maybe, just MAYBE, you stepped in it.  Fair?

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

34 minutes ago, Frostbiter said:

Can we all just get back to blaming @Snarky for changing the game? If we have to stop everytime someone puts their foot in their mouth we'll never make the Grand Canyon.

If you people will not get back on point I swear I will turn this thread around and we'll go home!

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Ukase said:

not your biggest fan, find you a little conceited tbh🤪

however i think many are completely over-reacting to your comments and need to chill teh fuck out!

a4zg4fj3z8jx.jpg.c296683fb0b937a38dc8a9de24400031.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Thumbs Down 2

3 hours ago, Crystal Dragon said:

nope,

n o p e

n o p e.

I'm out.

Question: How did you get the letters to 'wiggle' up and down in that second 'nope'?

nope

Okay, never mind.  I figured it out.  🙂

Edit:  If anyone is wondering, it's a combination of the subscript and superscript buttons:  x2  x2

Edited by Ironblade
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.