Dark armour..

WitchofDread

/Dark is the "classic" answer thanks to its end recovery tools. /Savage is apparently a good option because of its passive, likewise /Staff with its endredux stance. /Energy lets you stack stuns with Oppressive Gloom. Plenty of good choices.

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

Deutsche Demokratische Republik. Dark Armour is solidly ant-communist.

DDR can also mean Defense Debuff Resistance, which is the reduces the amount of defense you lose to defense debuffs, or Dance Dance Revolution. Dark Armour gets better at Dance Dance revolution if you take Acrobatics.

• Haha 4

To me Dark armor has issues pairing with anything that does not have an endurance recovery power.   So Dark/Dark.  I find nothing else that flows.  I will pair Dark melee with Invul for great synergy.  

since Dark Armor does not have DDR you must fully understand Dark, and what it does.  Some folks try to build it like regular armor.  I think this is a major mistake 

Dark has a stealth which does not suppress in combat.  Unless fighting enemies with capabilities like Rularuu eyeballs or Rikti drones Dark will not be seen, until close enough to get enemies in your combat zone. This is the first defense Dark has

Dark has some to hit debuff.  Paired as Dark/Dark you have a LOT of to hit debuff. This is another defense

Dark has a Stun and a Fear Aura.  One has a pretty crappy base accuracy.  Build up you Accuracy and To Hit buff in your I/O build.  Enemies that, even for a few seconds at a time, are feared or stunned are not attacking you.  This is another two layers of defense

Some people build Dark as other Armors, using time honored logic that Defense is greater than Resist is greater than Heal

Dark stands this entire reality on it’s head by stealth/debuffs/mezzes and having incredible resists. Then having the absolute best heal in the game

Edited by Snarky
  • Like 1

As people have already stated dark/dark is the classic combo that flows the best however, my current tank that has been a blast to play is dark/rad, even with the upcoming changes to rad melee(irradiated ground). With resists that are insane, strong defenses, debuffs and the combo of damage from the 2 auras it shreds enemies at max settings with little issues. As for the dreaded DDR......I just grab ageless radial epiphany and pop it as needed

• Like 3

Dark/Fire for me, but I have an affinity for FM... so I might be biased. With the changes to Battle Axe it now might be a very powerful pairing. End will be an issue until you Theft of Essence in place in the heal, and work on Acc/Rech for it. But Axe Cyclone will help keep things from wandering off after they're hit with OG. Add Mu Mastery for the Epic/Patron powers (Electric Fences, and you'll pretty much have mobs stuck around (for as long as they survive).

Nothing warms your opponent like Fiery Melee.

Tanker Tuesday and Tanker Tuesday Tour Info:

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Special weekend run for Reunion/Europe