Necro Buff

C U R S E

New MM necro/dark is frickin awesom! All I have is 25 IOs, a couple LotGs, a Freebird:Stealth in Fly & the build is pretty much done at 22!

Seems you now get the Lich at 22. Once I get the 2nd Knight at 24, just need to grab Hasten and Hover, there's only really Dark Emp & Fluffy left in the 30s, which will be nice, but not essential for normal gaming. With Soul Ext I'm pretty much steamrolling most +2/+2 content as it is he he.

Thanks heaps for tips guys, especially Striker for Panacea:Chance slotting into Zombies, which I must try next! 😄

Edited by Nostromo21
  • Like 2

Game over man, game over!

8 hours ago, Lyrium said:

How does that work? As far as I knowm Panacea will only proc if you have used the power in the last 2 mins (or if it is slotted in a passive power)

Slot the Panacea unique into Dark Empowerment. After upgrading pets, they will get the chance for heal/end.  Keep in mind the MM won't get the chance at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, StrikerFox said:

Slot the Panacea unique into Dark Empowerment. After upgrading pets, they will get the chance for heal/end.  Keep in mind the MM won't get the chance at all.

Ohhh...I misunderstood & got overly excited, thinking that it would have a chance to proc & add end/health to ME every time my pets hit! DOH! _blush_

• 2 weeks later
9 hours ago, C U R S E said:

Check out the Grave Knight Crit I just posted in another thread and I am sold on Necro at this point. 

Could you post link pls? Once I also got Dark Emp at 26 (Mids really needs an update for new necro), it was all downhill from there lol!

Has anyone experimented with slotting options for soul extraction? Currently my pre-respec build has maxed recharge with some of the pet uniques, however looking at the detailed description they all have a hold power. Maybe worthwile putting 2, 3, or 4 hold procs? Would mean it's hard to rearrange the pet uniques though and max basic enh stats 🤔🤔🤔

@Black Assassin - Torchbearer

With my experience I would not slot hold procs, you would essentially be digging into needed slots. Now that the MM builds especially for Necro there is not much room to play. I think after much rebuilding and reslotting you essentially have two paths. You can have a very high recharge build and abuse Soul Extraction or Franken Proc these cadavers with how beefy they are now. 

If building for damage, I would slot the Cloud Senses and Unbreakable Constraint procs. The other 4 slots for acc, dam, rech and set bonuses. I haven't experimented with the Soulbound BU proc. If going for mitigation, slot Overwhelming Force KD proc just so they're knocking down all their targets.

Edited by StrikerFox

Striker you made some great points and I have always placed the Soul Boundd BU proc in the Grave Knights. Overwhelming force still goes into the zombies so they can slip and fall on their vomit 🤢 lol. The Lich is stuffed with procs and does really nice additive damage. The changes really beefed up the dead for sure and my final build is very proc sational. 

Edited by C U R S E

• 1 month later
On 11/9/2022 at 12:43 AM, C U R S E said:

Check out the Grave Knight Crit I just posted in another thread and I am sold on Necro at this point. 

I keep looking at my combat logs for a GK Crit and haven't seen one yet.  I suppose it is RNG?  Is there something required besides both upgrades?

3 hours ago, brasilgringo said:

I keep looking at my combat logs for a GK Crit and haven't seen one yet.  I suppose it is RNG?  Is there something required besides both upgrades?

Pretty sure only Head Splitter can crit and it is RNG. It should have a 15% chance. Something about it being a port from the Scrapper version being the reason why. After playing Necro for awhile, open the Combat Log and press ctrl+f and search for "critical." I'm sure you will find some but don't expect a lot.

• Like 1