Sooner than Soon™© (codename i27p5,2nds)

Troo

12 hours ago, Shadeknight said:
  • Stealth change

Wait another one?  What now?

I have so many potential respeccing and new toons that I might roll that I might just give it all a pass and play the old ones as-is.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

15 hours ago, High_Beam said:

I have the alts under control.  I swear.

Granted I have like a lot of Dual Pistols characters . . . three DP Blasters (MC, Time and Ninja), a DP/Kin Corr, a Time/DP Defender . . . crap I don't have a DP Sentinel . . . and Sentinels are getting love . . . So I could make a DP Sentinel and it would be for testing . . . yeah that's it.

Looks at watch to see how much longer before leave work . . . excellent.

Dual pistols on Sentinel's is surprisingly good.  It's particularly sexy with super reflexes, energy aura, or invulnerability (from my stable anyways).  Bio is ok, but a bit squishy for a melee nuke.

Of all the sentinel blast sets I have played dual pistols the most fun and it never gets old.  It does lean a little heavy on procs, so the day that system gets revamped will probably sting.

12 minutes ago, evetsleep said:

It does lean a little heavy on procs, so the day that system gets revamped will probably sting.

Is that really going to be a thing someday?  I've heard the rumor, but never something solid.  You think there are angry posters now, just wait.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

2 minutes ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Is that really going to be a thing someday?  I've heard the rumor, but never something solid.  You think there are angry posters now, just wait.

I know absolutely nothing but there are some builds/ATs that can do some pretty amazing things with procs.  Whether that merits a rebalancing is debatable though.  I enjoy it while it lasts.  I for one love throwing out fully procced put Carrion Creepers in large spawns and seeing all the orange numbers 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shadeknight said:

Something about exclusivity being removed:

Does this apply to Dark Armor stealthbpowers as well?   

Nvm i read it.  Slightly useful….wait no not useful for Dark Armor.  I was going to say to mule defense but the early morning fog cleared and i realized i do not build defenses on Dark. 

Overall a reasonable power alteration and completely weak sauce for most applications 

Edited by Snarky

I don't see myself changing anything I currently have... although I might make a sentinel and then never feel the need to play anything else ever again.

• Haha 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

3 minutes ago, Shred Monkey said:

I don't see myself changing anything I currently have... although I might make a sentinel and then never feel the need to play anything else ever again.

I may be wrong but the Sentinel upgrade looked...okay?  Not OMFG I Gotsztah haz

I have an Elec/Temp Blaster that will (obviously) outdamage any Sentinel.  Played to it's strength it can easily out survive any Sentinel as well.  Do not see that changing.

1 hour ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Page six-ish apparently. But that's only coming in spring-ish.

• Like 1

I am surprised they brought this out so quickly. I look forward to reading the Sentinel pages over the next couple of days... also, I really hope that Mids is updated soon so I can start on my respecs.

I was really excited for Illusion Control on Dominators, but it is more of a ST traditional control set than the chaos control of the troller version... so I think I may pass...

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

Poor Mids

8 hours ago, TraumaTrain said:

FoTM guesses?

Seismic Blast / Stone Armor - Sentinels ?

Illusion Control / Electrical Assault - Dominators ?

Battle Axe / Bio Armor - Brutes, Scrappers ?

• Thumbs Up 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

55 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Just saying pushing out page 5 as fast as they did seems very rushed.

There was some stuff in there that I personally didn't think was ready for production but then again, I guess we'll see how it pans out.

It was rushed, but rushed for a reason and not a random decision. Faultline is off and away for a while due to RL and he was/is the compile guy so until he is back no more patches.

So Page 5 had to be done before he left.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Troo said:

Poor Mids

Is there even a vaguely-recent MIDs or Hero Designer anymore? I'm still on 2.7.2.10 and the only one I saw people using at one point was throwing a virus scan issue (prob not a virus, you know how AV software can be overcautious).

But I've been praying for an I4-compatible Mids/Hero Designer, and now I guess we are in I5. The one thread or two I see about it looks old, with the most recent comments being vague. I mean, I havent looked this week, but .....

I wonder if there ever will be a Mids/Hero Designer for I5. I used to love doing all my toons on paper anyway, writing down columns for all the numbers and totaling them up and stuff. Good times. :)

26 minutes ago, PorkTips said:

Is there even a vaguely-recent MIDs or Hero Designer anymore? I'm still on 2.7.2.10 and the only one I saw people using at one point was throwing a virus scan issue (prob not a virus, you know how AV software can be overcautious).

But I've been praying for an I4-compatible Mids/Hero Designer, and now I guess we are in I5. The one thread or two I see about it looks old, with the most recent comments being vague. I mean, I havent looked this week, but .....

I wonder if there ever will be a Mids/Hero Designer for I5. I used to love doing all my toons on paper anyway, writing down columns for all the numbers and totaling them up and stuff. Good times. 🙂

image.png.558eb28f9070553875c662bf01233e57.png this is what I'm using.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

1 hour ago, mrdeeds7 said:

What was the deal with beam rifle not getting the holster upgrade?

Time probably ran out, but the rested of the Ranged are getting their due holstering. Maybe Page 6.

• Thumbs Up 1

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble