Sooner than Soon™© (codename i27p5,2nds)

Troo

7 minutes ago, Black Zot said:

So with Page 5 now moved ahead to the staging server, is there any point to further testing or is it a formality?

it is live. any discoveries at this point should be logged as bugs.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

1 hour ago, PorkTips said:

Is there even a vaguely-recent MIDs or Hero Designer anymore? I'm still on 2.7.2.10 and the only one I saw people using at one point was throwing a virus scan issue (prob not a virus, you know how AV software can be overcautious).

1 hour ago, Troo said:

image.png.558eb28f9070553875c662bf01233e57.png this is what I'm using.

v3.4.6 here with DBVersion 2022.9.201

• Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

v3.4.6 here with DBVersion 2022.9.201

Apologies for my ignorance, but where is the thread for that? Or the source and/or executable?

I swore I didnt see anything recent but sometimes my observational powers are limited.

Thanks!

25 minutes ago, PorkTips said:

Apologies for my ignorance, but where is the thread for that? Or the source and/or executable?

I swore I didnt see anything recent but sometimes my observational powers are limited.

Thanks!

Not a thread, but you can go to https://midsreborn.com/ and download the latest version which includes the Page 4 changes. Since Page 5 just dropped today, I suspect it will be a few days before it's updated again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Black Zot said:

So with Page 5 now moved ahead to the staging server, is there any point to further testing or is it a formality?

Given that it was already pushed to live after only two weeks for comments I doubt that the testing was anything other than a formality.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

44 minutes ago, PorkTips said:

Thanks!

@The Chairman already covered it, but got to their website and download the most recent ZIP package.

• Like 1

And now we know it was rushed for RL reasons with Faultline (who was apparently the best at compiling this mess)!

Hope all works out well!

• Thanks 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

This one had a time limit and was meant to be smaller (compared to prior pages) - it contains a few juicy things. Is it perfect? Nope, nothing is.

Breathe, its not the end of the world.

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

30 minutes ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

No need to be flippant if you weren't even following the threads. Devs actually changed a few things during beta based on player feedback.

the discussion on the basis of the changes never includes us. we get input on paint color, not the basic structure.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

46 minutes ago, DoctorDitko said:

Hope all works out well!

Massive mastermind manipulations, Doc.

• Haha 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

TinySnickers.jpg

*giggles* ,,, Or Snickers, as the case may be.

So, I may have been grinding my alts through the ToT leagues to get the new badges and attendant PAPs.

Resulting in my tiny witch cat actually getting to be tiny. 

Oddly, the out of proportion head sort of works with her ears and hat.

Edited by Coyotedancer
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

4 hours ago, ivanhedgehog said:

the discussion on the basis of the changes never includes us. we get input on paint color, not the basic structure.

If you'd like to have more constructive input into future changes, then feel free to join the Gold Standard Testers Discord, where you can get an invitation to the Closed Beta server.

https://discord.gg/DptUBzh  

In my past experience they are both open and welcoming of new people wanting to put in the good and noble work of testing future updates.

Bopper posted this on the forums many ages ago, and Shade recently reposted it here:

On 10/10/2022 at 11:04 PM, Shadeknight said:

https://discord.gg/DptUBzh

This is the Gold Standard Tester Discord. 

It is an unofficial-official Discord that serves as the place for the Alpha / "Closed Beta" section of testing. It also allows for those who WISH to test to engage with the Devs in a better format than the forums, but that's personal opinion. Either way, the point of me dropping the invite is this: Any one of you can help test the changes that MAY be coming or may just be experiments. What sort of stuff is coming is left into that Discord until it hits Brainstorm - where it is considered Open Beta. 

There are 20+ people on average testing each page or experimental changes. It would be nice for that to grow! However, as N6 has said in other threads, the process is opt-in. It's entirely optional if you want to test these things before the wider audience gets their hands on them. So it is on you at this point to join up or not.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Coyotedancer said:

TinySnickers.jpg

So, I may have been grinding my alts through the ToT leagues to get the new badges and attendant PAPs.

Resulting in my tiny witch cat actually getting to be tiny.

For the life of me I couldn't understand why anyone would want to pull this very off-putting chibi look with a toon, like at all, until now, because I too have a black witch cat toon.  Not that I care enough to actually like do it, but at least my horizons have been broadened.  😃

• Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

10 hours ago, Griffyn said:

Given that it was already pushed to live after only two weeks for comments I doubt that the testing was anything other than a formality.

As a critic of many changes over the years, I'd like to note that the Homecoming team does read feedback even if it's a succinct "this is bad".

Sure they'd prefer it to be constructive and would like to know why something is bad, but even without details it is read.

As others have said, they've made adjustments in Open Beta or flat rolled back a number of changes before publishing.

I agree it was a short window.

I also agree that changes to existing power sets can be frustrating.

• Like 2

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

11 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

For the life of me I couldn't understand why anyone would want to pull this very off-putting chibi look with a toon, like at all, until now, because I too have a black witch cat toon.  Not that I care enough to actually like do it, but at least my horizons have been broadened.  😃

I'll never use it with anyone but Snickerdoodles... But for making a cat character cat-sized? It just works.

I could see it working out pretty well for imps, goblins and house elves, too, potentially. Weird little aliens?  Other types of small animals?

That said, even with the two-PAPs-for-each-new-badge thing, leagues that have been supportive of what I was doing cycling through my characters and a sizable number of alts capable of ToTing well,  getting 250 of the things was definitely a grind. Better than getting 1200 (the original proposed price of the MIniMe-), certainly... But still not what I would call fun for its own sake.  

Edited by Coyotedancer
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Coyotedancer said:

But still not what I would call fun for its own sake.  

That sounds dangerously like an activity only someone with any kind of focus can engage in and that's not

SQUIRREL!!

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

1 minute ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

That sounds dangerously like an activity only someone with any kind of focus can engage in and that's not

SQUIRREL!!

I'm a zen-mode farmer and a notoriously devoted prezzie-clicker... I can do "focused and repetitive" really well. 😝

I tend to do that, too... 'Finish one character (with their enhancements and their iToys and all that-) before I start a new one. It's unusual for me to have more than one "in progress" at a time. 

When people tell me they have three dozen alts and only two or three of them are anywhere close to being done I just kind-of mentally o_O and wonder how that doesn't drive them absolutely batty. 

• Like 1

Ok, this patch is getting me to go thru all my alts to get the PAs from the EB badges.  And this is primarily level 50s, all 102 of them.

That's letting me recheck what status I'm filing them under:

• Mothballed:  Stripped for parts, but put to the side if I want to maybe figure out an active build.  Usually because I have another similar character I'm much happier with playing.  Might populate with level 50 IOs
  • Deleted: Normally a char I just don't find fun to play or doesn't fit a niche, or completely redundant
  • Respec:  Ok, let's rebuild to current standards and fill in sets. Normally they are populated with generic 50 IOs, but might have lower level ones
  • Done:  Doesn't need much attention, and I'll play them when that char seems to fit best in.  They might need to respec with patch changes, but for the most part won't change much.

Looking at mothballing about 40 at this point, deleting a dozen,  another dozen are in the Done, with respecs on the rest.  (Which may push them toward another column)