Arctic Air + cognitive interface??

WitchofDread

I personally don't have an opinion on this. I generally don't use confuse auras but I know they can be strong when used well.

The proc and magnitude on cognitive seems to be low so I am not sure it would be a reliable power. At best 20% proc chance at the cost of the psi damage proc chance otherwise only 12% chance. So I would say go for something else?

Edited by Ravenwulfe

Good question. My ice/sav/psi was planning this same route along with world of confusion.

The project stalled in anticipation for ill/sav, so I can't say how well it would all work together in a finished build.

That said, ice slick can trigger the proc. I think it rolls 3 times over the life of the slick which is better than nothing.

After that it really depends on how much aoe damage you dish out as it is a flat proc chance on attacks. If you just use a pbaoe once in a while it might not do much, but spamming a power like feral charge (5 target 20ft aoe) might have ok results. It is very short duration vs +cons though.

Single target you'll have little issue procing it, but then single targets are rarely an issue that a mag 2 confuse would solve. 

I suggest trying it on Brainstorm to see if you like it. I have an Ice/Ice Domi that stacks Artic Air with World of Confusion and the Coercive Persuasion proc. I haven't tried it with that interface as I signed an agreement with myself that my interface choices would always either be Degen, Reactive, or Diamagnetic.

World of Confusion I think the radius/duration is too small/short. That said during Domination with power up and clarion radial, you can get some pretty strong confuse.

Cognitive in theory would strengthen it, but I guess it comes down to what are you trying to confuse, as most things can already get confused, and the things you are likely building mag for hit very hard in melee where you'll reasonably have to live.