W00T! Battle Axe and Fiery Melee Changes!!

Warboss

So how are folks slotting Axe Cyclone? On my tanker, I have:

•  Fury of the Gladiator - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge (boosted)
  •  Fury of the Gladiator - Chance for Res Debuff
  •  Eradication - Chance for Energy Damage
  •  Perfect Zinger - Chance for Psi Damage
  •  Obliteration - Chance for Smashing Damage
  •  Explosive Strike - Chance for Smashing Damage

Obviously the Force Feedback %+Recharge is an option, but personally I'd rather have the chance to do a little more damage (off-brand) damage that doesn't rely on targeting, especially for enemies like Super Stunners who can be hit during the period after they've rezzed but before they can be targeted.

4 hours ago, tidge said:

Obviously the Force Feedback %+Recharge is an option, but personally I'd rather have the chance to do a little more damage (off-brand) damage that doesn't rely on targeting, especially for enemies like Super Stunners who can be hit during the period after they've rezzed but before they can be targeted.

Generally feel like the -res proc is a mistake on AoE.  I'd take FF instead of that and not sacrifice any damage.

My reasoning is that -res is most useful against single hard targets, where you don't really want to be spamming AoE because of its low DPS (outside of specific cases where the AoE attack is weirdly high DPA and can be usefully used in ST attack chains, which I don't think Axe Cyclone is).  Proccing a -20% res on some rando minion is low value.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, tidge said:

So how are folks slotting Axe Cyclone?

I think on the toon shown in the pics I have the full set of Avalanche, which is a bad choice as the KD proc stacks with Axes inherent KD (probably adds to the scatter as well). I'll have to swap it with some thing, but atm I'm using it to up his Fire/Cold Def and I'm too lazy to figure out a better way to add that it back.

Nothing warms your opponent like Fiery Melee.

Tanker Tuesday and Tanker Tuesday Tour Info:

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Special weekend run for Reunion/Europe

5 hours ago, tidge said:

So how are folks slotting Axe Cyclone? On my tanker, I have:

•  Fury of the Gladiator - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge (boosted)
  •  Fury of the Gladiator - Chance for Res Debuff
  •  Eradication - Chance for Energy Damage
  •  Perfect Zinger - Chance for Psi Damage
  •  Obliteration - Chance for Smashing Damage
  •  Explosive Strike - Chance for Smashing Damage

For my scraxxers, I’m generally going with 3x Superior Scrapper Strike, Armageddon A/D/R boosted and proc, and FF proc.  I put the FotG proc in Cleave (as well as the Critical Strikes proc) since Cleave is part of both my ST and AoE chain.

Assuming you are fighting 3+ in the mob, crit strikes proc should trigger practically every time.  (Lead with Cyclone and everyone is pulled next to you.  You know who is now within three feet of your target next to you?  Everyone.)

Who run Bartertown?

16 minutes ago, Warboss said:

I think on the toon shown in the pics I have the full set of Avalanche, which is a bad choice as the KD proc stacks with Axes inherent KD (probably adds to the scatter as well). I'll have to swap it with some thing, but atm I'm using it to up his Fire/Cold Def and I'm too lazy to figure out a better way to add that it back.

Confirmed, that the Avalanche proc is causing more of the scatter than normal. I tried the same tactics on another Axer and the scatter was greatly reduced.

Edited by Warboss
  • Thumbs Up 1

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

16 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

For my scraxxers, I’m generally going with 3x Superior Scrapper Strike, Armageddon A/D/R boosted and proc, and FF proc.  I put the FotG proc in Cleave (as well as the Critical Strikes proc) since Cleave is part of both my ST and AoE chain.

Assuming you are fighting 3+ in the mob, crit strikes proc should trigger practically every time.  (Lead with Cyclone and everyone is pulled next to you.  You know who is now within three feet of your target next to you?  Everyone.)

I'm using MoTT (full set) and I usually have the +Resist bonus up most of the time (while in combat).

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

8 hours ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

Yes, I have been having too much fun practicing this, to the detriment of those around me.

Hard not to do this. Once you start it's hard to stop. Like eating potato chips...

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

20 minutes ago, Warboss said:

Confirmed, that the Avalanche proc is causing more of the scatter than normal. I tried the same tactics on another Axer and the scatter was greatly reduced.

If you put a chance for KD proc in a power with chance for knockdown, whenever both activate the KD mag stacks high enough to turn into KB.  

There are a lot of interesting things that can happen with procs!

Who run Bartertown?

2 hours ago, aethereal said:

Generally feel like the -res proc is a mistake on AoE.  I'd take FF instead of that and not sacrifice any damage.

My reasoning is that -res is most useful against single hard targets, where you don't really want to be spamming AoE because of its low DPS (outside of specific cases where the AoE attack is weirdly high DPA and can be usefully used in ST attack chains, which I don't think Axe Cyclone is).  Proccing a -20% res on some rando minion is low value.

I get that reasoning. My thinking was that I am generally opening with that attack, and that except for the last hard target (among the spawns I can see or get to or taunt) I am most likely to be spamming AoEs.

Additional shots from 12/07

Tiki Toss (note the feet -top of frame ;))

screenshot_221207-21-43-42.thumb.jpg.3817c190237d881faea244f4f4b18544.jpg

BP swan dive with explosion

screenshot_221207-21-44-47.thumb.jpg.9e79ebcefffeed56e8f3591c2ff40894.jpg

I'd give this one a "10" for height

screenshot_221207-21-46-15.thumb.jpg.8716a188350cb73f341e22b9d897c558.jpg

This one just looks cool with the trailing lightning

screenshot_221207-21-46-16.thumb.jpg.87cc9676522181d1ff05edd91f27ec5b.jpg

screenshot_221207-21-48-58.thumb.jpg.374c42cfb85651386201e4c78465d248.jpg

screenshot_221207-21-48-59.thumb.jpg.23ce7e4e43120a7b0d9481525c01b18e.jpg

• Like 1

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

WB, just...wow!

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

Did some more mob moving today on TTT Reunion, didn't get pics, but I have to say Penny Yin's TF is idea for using Axe Cyclone to move mobs around. Great fun.

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable