Devs, please explain why you are nerfing one of the most popular activities on Homecoming

dms

9 minutes ago, Seed22 said:

I hate doomsaying. I really REALLY do, but I give it another year TOPS before the community becomes too toxic to sustain

please don't try associate this crowd with the reality,

i pug and solo all day and there are some fantastic people here, helpful, lighthearted and a joy to team and play with the ToT leagues are one example.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Seed22 said:

I hate doomsaying. I really REALLY do, but I give it another year TOPS before the community becomes too toxic to sustain, at this rate at least.

For some people it has already reached that point. And for those that it has, they don't post or play anymore. But I doubt the empathy or even interest from some present. In fact, I expect some to be happy about it.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Neiska said:

For some people it has already reached that point. And for those that it has, they don't post or play anymore. But I doubt the empathy or even interest from some present. In fact, I expect some to be happy about it.

absolutely zero impact on my experience.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Songseven said:

absolutely zero impact on my experience.

I mean, but do you need to post about that? If so thats kinda sad and telling…

• Like 1

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

1 hour ago, Neiska said:

Sure, But I would also want the merits/astrals/weekly rewards included as well, not just the inf/kill tally.

Best we can do is convert them to their value in inf and compare to what 8 farmers can do.  Im guessing that 8 farmers still out earns a hardmode team even when converting the bonus rewards to their inf value.  

We would also need to swap to a different farmer every hour or so to simulate hardmode teams switching characters every run to get weekly rewards again or exclude weekly rewards from consideration.  It would be difficult but beneficial to include the time taken to form a hardmode team and to find or reform a new team afterwards since hardmode isnt farmed nearly as much as AE.  Basically as much detail as possible.  I think in the end it would show that farming is still more lucrative than hardmode.

Just now, TheZag said:

I think in the end it would show that farming is still more lucrative than hardmode.

Yes and no. Hardmode isn't an option for everyone, or even every build/at/player. It isn't for me, for reasons I won't go into here. Where farming is at least an option for everyone. But I do agree that the full conversions considered they would likely be similar. Or at least the difference would be smaller in the greater scheme of things.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Snarky said:

i'm uncharacteristically silent

1) i hate to farm

2) the only reason i did it was to PL myself.  how many 50s i need?

Spreadsheet says I have 35 but it hasn't been updated in a while. Think another purge might be coming if I can bring myself to care enough. Think the SG is running a hard mode ITF tonight so I may hop on for that but any thoughts of rollin new characters or respecing old or doing anything but helping them accomplish shit is pretty much out the window at this point and it has absolutely nothing to do with farming nerfs as I only ever farmed AE to powerlevel alts anyway.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Neiska said:

Why? By your own admission, it's not like you will care either way. So no point in explaining further.

9 minutes ago, Seed22 said:

I mean, but do you need to post about that? If so thats kinda sad and telling…

i'm just curious, what is the actual point of what you are trying to say?

that because you have known people who used to play yet for whatever reason (you claim toxicity) have decided to call it a day,

this should somehow affect and compare my experience?

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

2 minutes ago, Songseven said:

i'm just curious, what is the actual point of what you are trying to say?

that because you have known people who used to play yet for whatever reason (you claim toxicity) have decided to call it a day,

this should somehow affect and compare my experience?

the farming community have sold themselves a belief that they are inexplicably important to CoH and without them, the game will fall to pieces. therefore when one leaves, we should mourn the loss north korea style

Why North Korea is Mourning | The Happy Hermit

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Thumbs Down 4

1 minute ago, MoonSheep said:

the farming community have sold themselves a belief that they are inexplicably important to CoH and without them, the game will fall to pieces. therefore when one leaves, we should mourn the loss north korea style

Case in point #2.

Satisfied yet @Seed22

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, MoonSheep said:

Why North Korea is Mourning | The Happy Hermit

Hey I farm basically every day, don’t lump me in with these people!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Neiska said:

Case in point #2.

Satisfied yet @Seed22

I dont care THAT much. To me, it isnt about being right or wrong, it’s about the fact that people here have become horrible. Just truly horrible.

• Thumbs Up 3

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

4 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Yea, that was a pretty good example of the the toxic shit that's driving out some of us.

Agreed.

You know, the mods have a real problem with me calling people out for stuff being said that's clearly insane, but they don't seem to have a problem with players mocking other players, or players being told "Don't like it, go play on another server then!"

And, at some point in the future, when they start complaining "how come I can't find anyone to team with", or "how come we're having problems with donations to keep the server running"? Maybe at that point they'll figure out why allowing this toxic nonsense that drives people away wasn't such a great idea.

Unfortunately, I'm not hopeful that they'll figure it out before the servers are shut down.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 8

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

Just now, PeregrineFalcon said:

Agreed.

You know, the mods have a real problem with me calling people out for stuff being said that's clearly insane, but they don't seem to have a problem with players mocking other players, or players being told "Don't like it, go play on another server then!"

And, at some point in the future, when they start complaining "how come I can't find anyone to team with", or "how come we're having problems with donations to keep the server running"? Maybe at that point they'll figure out why allowing this toxic nonsense that drives people away wasn't such a great idea.

Unfortunately, I'm not hopeful that they'll figure it out before the servers are shut down.

I think you ought to go back to the drawing board and ask yourself if you reeeally believe the uptick in hostility here is a one-sided problem. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

12 minutes ago, Neiska said:

Case in point #2.

Satisfied yet @Seed22

You illustrated your point with your own reply.   You're so convinced that there's Rampant Toxicity Against Farmers, that you've completely discounted Toxicity From Farmers as, you know, another significant source of toxicity in the community.

Empath, Heal Thyself.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

The idiotic nature of telling others to go play on another server like this one has oodles n oodles of fresh bodies to fill the ranks is..I mean CO said the same stuff and look at them.

It’s not a mature response.

Edited by Seed22
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said: