Devs, please explain why you are nerfing one of the most popular activities on Homecoming

dms

Just now, Bill Z Bubba said:

These are all appropriate questions and my only possible response is that fiery melee sucked taint and I'm happy as hell to see it buffed. Too bad I deleted ever FM character I built.

You are correct, it got buffed.    adding -def however was meant to screw with firefarmers.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

If you still enjoy the game but hate how toxic the forum has become - why not just chill out from the forum for a bit and just lose yourself in the game? I so rarely see toxicity in there.

I can’t understand adults getting stressed about something so minor. It’s the same 15-30 people arguing in every thread. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png

Just now, kelika2 said:

Then why not have -def on every attack?

I mean if you are blinded by a dark blast attack, would that not effect your ability to dodge?  @Snarky

And super sub zero cold temps shivering reducing something and a thing

And getting hit with a rock wait it already does this

etc

Dark (almost all) have a beautiful, simple to hit debuff.  No Effing idea the magical connection or in game justification.  You get hit by dark, you take a Neg?  

On the other hand Dark/Dark Blaster is a train wreck of mismatched and poorly performing powers otherwise.  

The game Devs give with one hand, and punch you right in the nuts with both hands afterward.

Welcome to the Party pal.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, Xiddo said:

If you still enjoy the game but hate how toxic the forum has become - why not just chill out from the forum for a bit and just lose yourself in the game? I so rarely see toxicity in there.

I can’t understand adults getting stressed about something so minor. It’s the same 15-30 people arguing in every thread. 

There are quite a few toxic power sets now.  Do you even care about us anymore?  Really?

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

*petitions the Devs for a Forum Argument accolade - buffs you as a solo player, but every team member gets nerfed in equal measure*

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

Just now, Snarky said:

There are quite a few toxic power sets now.  Do you even care about us anymore?  Really?

If we ever get the Guardian type AT (Melee/ support) other serves have I’m gonna make an army themed Spines/Poison toon and call it ‘General Discussion’.

• Like 1

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png

3 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

You are correct, it got buffed.    adding -def however was meant to screw with firefarmers.

Yea, I see it, too. But as others posted, folks found away around that, too, like they always do. The AE crafters aren't morons and it ain't rocket surgery. They correct, they move on and with very little change to the output. It's ok. The benefits outweigh the detriments.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Bill Z Bubba said:

Yea, I see it, too. But as others posted, folks found away around that, too, like they always do. The AE crafters aren't morons and it ain't rocket surgery. They correct, they move on and with very little change to the output. It's ok. The benefits outweigh the detriments.

Which brings up the point on why even do it in the first place.  -4% def wont make or break someone solo, or in a group

And not doing it for others is just as baffling.  Dominators still have the longass Combustion.

30 minutes ago, Galactron said:

Except for the people who "stopped playing" and go as far as changing their sig to let everyone know "they're out of here" yet still post here constantly?  Those people?  I have a hard time believing *anyone* really quits.

Given that I could make a post that says "I like puppies" and you would still downvote, I have a hard time valuing your input on the matter.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Xiddo said:

If we ever get the Guardian type AT (Melee/ support) other serves have I’m gonna make an army themed Spines/Poison toon and call it ‘General Discussion’.

oh and a pistol/bio sent.  toxic rounds + offensive adapt is some seriously god damn fun

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

Why didnt Dominators get some of the changes?

oh man, and fire control

Off topic, somehow, but hard agree with this. Mentioned it on both the focussed feedback pages for FM and FA. The consume one in particular woulda helped.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kelika2 said:

oh and a pistol/bio sent.  toxic rounds + offensive adapt is some seriously god damn fun

Stop giving me toons I wanna try 🙂 

11 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

Because if you are blinded, how can you dodge?

Daredevil says hi. 

180526891_giphy1.gif.5e4926f51229a3933448befbf446d2fc.gif

(I really wanted to find one of an epic hallway fight, he does hallways so well.)

Edited by MistressOhm
  • Like 2

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

1 minute ago, Xiddo said:

Stop giving me toons I wanna try 🙂 

then stay away from a radi/fire blaster with powers properly colored with a post-apoc theme going on

combust>irradiate with blazing aura frankenslotted with 3 acc/dmg hamis 2 50+5 heals and an +end proc

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MistressOhm said:

Daredevil says hi. 

he had years of training and he fell into a vat of chemicals after touching the beacon of insight while in the lair of supermans cryptocrystalcomputers, in this particular instance someone who was not blind before got temp blinded somehow keeping all their defenses

35 minutes ago, Luminara said:

There is no anti-farming league.

Says the Anti-Farming League's top undercover agent. 😉

14 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

These are all appropriate questions and my only possible response is that fiery melee sucked taint and I'm happy as hell to see it buffed. Too bad I deleted ever FM character I built.

Yeah. I'm happy about both the buff to Fiery Melee and the buff to Sentinels. I didn't even play yesterday because I still can't decide if I want to keep Peregrine Falcon as a Fire/Shield Scrapper or reroll him as a Fire/Willpower Sentinel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

8 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

Which brings up the point on why even do it in the first place.  -4% def wont make or break someone solo, or in a group

And not doing it for others is just as baffling.  Dominators still have the longass Combustion.

Cuz of what I've been talking about since issu1. Balance is good by default. We argue about where the balance line should be, sure, but any move toward balance is a good thing.

• Thumbs Up 1