Making a public-announcement character?

McCavity

How does one make it possible for an alt to either periodiclly make announcments about an upcoming group event on the Broadcast channels,  and/or post "Read This Please" above the character indefinitlely, while the event announcment is included in the alt's bio?

I've seen it done, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how.  Any help would be appreciated.  

Also - does the game have to be left open all day/night to keep the alt standing there?  
And if so, how does one keep the alt from Disconnecting?

Fairly sure they just fire off a macro (or a few) with the announcement.

And if you have them on a task force (or AE, I *think,*) they'll stay connected versus going AFK. As I recall, at least.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Yeah that's something you have to do to some extent, not really something that can be automated (at least not within the terms of service). Most likely want to dual-box the announcement character on a second account if you want to keep playing normally on your main one at the same time, then just alt-tab over once every 10 minutes or so to send the announcement to whatever channels are appropriate. As mentioned above you can put them on a TF/Ouro/AE arc to disable AFKing out as well, then just leave them whereever you want them with the information in their bio. Use either the character name or an /afk message like "/afk Read my bio for event details!" for something above their head to draw attention.

Edited by AlwaysAPrice

18 minutes ago, Krimson said:

Just idle in your base. 

The problem with that is that the clubs/event people want these characters visible, as their bios (and often their names) have things like base passcodes and event information, so they're kept in a public space (typically, but not always, Pocket D.)

• Thumbs Up 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.