Finding mail?

Ultimo

So I recreated my Illusion Controller as a Dominator (suits his character better), and sent the 4 million or so influence by mail from the old to the new... or so I thought.  The email never went to my @handle, and I have no idea where it went.  I assume I typoed the email, is there a way to find out where it went?  Is there a way to get it back?

4 million is small potatoes to many, but it's a fair bit to me.  Nothing crippling, but it stings a bit.  It would be nice to get it back.

In any case, I think there should be some way to find where our emails have gone, perhaps a recently sent tab?

I would recommend ticket and let a gm see what they can see. I email to globals too. 

I use to keep back-up awaken and influence in the email system for emergency but years ago had it blink away. It was just awakens and nothing special -  but poof gone.  

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

To avoid this in the future (I know, it doesn't help now), many people suggest sending yourself an email with no attachment and confirm that it arrives.  Then, leave it in your mailbox and when you need to send to yourself, REPLY to that email since you know the global name is correct.

And yes, 4 million is small potatoes to many.  DM me your global name and I'll send you 4 million.  🙂

• Like 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

• Lead Game Master
On 10/20/2022 at 12:40 PM, Ironblade said:

To avoid this in the future (I know, it doesn't help now), many people suggest sending yourself an email with no attachment and confirm that it arrives.  Then, leave it in your mailbox and when you need to send to yourself, REPLY to that email since you know the global name is correct.

Slightly better idea: put a reward merit in the attachment box. It will autofill your global name into the "To" field, as you cannot trade them outside your account. Then remove the reward merit and you're good to go!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!

On 10/20/2022 at 9:40 AM, Ironblade said:

Since I don't like leaving emails in my box...  I usually send myself a global with 1 inf, then when it shows up, reply to it with the actual amount or item.  Then once I've claimed them (and TRIPLE checked that I have done so), I can delete both.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

• 2 months later

I keep a stored email to myself (@globalhandle) and "reply all" to it to send myself money.  Saves on typing in the address and the possibility of making mistakes.  Stuff shouldn't send to non-existent addresses, disappearing to the edge of the world where here there be dragons, but with deliberate misspellings of popular names, god only knows who got a mysterious present otherwise 🙂

Edited by Norl
  • Like 1