Inconsistent Stealth

Burk

• City Council
On 10/20/2022 at 2:25 PM, Burk said:

I noticed while playing a dark armor tank that while I was stealthing parts of missions I would occasionally be seen by enemies with no perception buffs despite having Cloak of Darkness (35ft) and Super Speed (35ft) with Celerity (30ft) slotted. Now of course with the latest page Cloak and SS no longer stack and that's why I now have Celerity slotted in the first place, but that should mean I have 65ft of stealth. More than enough for any normal minion through boss. Also should state that my damage aura (Death Shroud) was off.

With further testing on a variety of enemies in PI, I found that they would just randomly see through my stealth. One mob would completely ignore me as usual and then the next one with the same type and level would just see me.

I then tested with a number of different characters. I noticed the same thing happen with my dark affinity controller (Shadow Fall + SS + Celerity), my storm corruptor (Steamy Mist + SS + Celerity), and my warshade (Shadow Cloak + SS + Celerity). None of my characters that simply have Super Speed with Celerity slotted could replicate it, though, so it doesn't seem to have anything to do with Celerity, but instead SS conflicting with the other stealth powers.

In conclusion, stacking a 35ft stealth power from a power set with Super Speed no longer grants full stealth and is instead a liability with both stealth powers randomly failing.

Can I get confirmation the changes in today's patch corrected this issue?

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Booper said:

Can I get confirmation the changes in today's patch corrected this issue?

My friend spent a half hour dancing right next to some Cimerorans with Arctic Fog + Super Speed + a +stealth IO enhancement, and his stealth stayed consistently at 65.5 feet the whole time.  I just spent fifteen minutes zooming around level 48 to 50 mobs in Peregrine Island with Shadow Fall + Super Speed + a +stealth IO enhancement, and my stealth stayed consistently at 65.5 feet the whole time as well.

I'd say it's fixed. :)  Thank you!

• Thanks 1

Wasn't able to test until now, but it does seem to be working.

• Thanks 1

From Champion (Hero) and Infinity (Villain), currently playing on Everlasting.

Former member of the Hammers of Justice on Champion.

Raid leader for 'Everlasting TFs'.

Mains: Trickery Girl (Ill/Rad Controller), Burk (Sword/Shield Stalker), and 6 other complete badge characters.

On 10/21/2022 at 12:15 AM, Astralock said:

Because the perception of mobs in 3* and 4* hard modes was made 66 feet so they could see people using a 35 feet stealth power and a +stealth IO enhancement.  Bumping the stealth power to 37 feet would make that moot.

That's all but moot anyway.  The mob would only see you at 1ft.

Edited by Doomguide2005