Great Job by the Devs

drbuzzard

1 minute ago, Wavicle said:

So that means your blaster is also "tougher" than Scrappers and Stalkers I would assume. Since Hover blasting is now apparently considered part of "toughness".

I honestly never extrapolated.  I built this monstrosity after levelling many Sentinels (great guides in the Sentinel section on powersets by Dr Buzz and others) and just being sad at 50.  

I realized that (for me) I could make something more survivable by mutating a Blaster and playing a certain way, and, of course, with Blaster AoE caps and damage scalars.....   

But there are a few Fire Fire Blasters out there who are more survibale than a Scrapper (most of the time)  They pick fights they know they can win and kill entire mobs rather than face the wrath of anyone left standing.  That stops working at a certain point.  So does hover blasting.

Oh, and the Asteroid thing....that is a death environment for this strategy.  Up is not "up enough" and there is no back.  Not until a few big mobs are cleared anyways.  But in any normal game tunnel you can squeeze down a tunnel and beat the crap out of mobs easily enough.

1 hour ago, Snarky said:

Oh, you wanted me to play the Blaster by walking up to mobs and fighting therm in melee range?  Oh, I see why you were so confused.  Sorry you did mnot follow the conversation.  These things happen.

This Blaster is built for ranged defense, played at range, with all ranged powers.  You need to be smart enough to do that, and really able to understand the concept.  So sorry you are confused.

Does that mean they need to "Git Gud" like you lol?

A sentinel with a proc build and some decent recharge will do much better than that build above and still retain strong defenses/survival. That build can hide at the back and kill some trash though i guess. Each to their own.

Any AT will survive if the hand picked mobs have no way of fighting back.

Edited by Gobbledegook

12 minutes ago, Gobbledegook said:

Does that mean they need to "Git Gud" like you lol?

A sentinel with a proc build and some decent recharge will do much better than that build above and still retain strong defenses/survival. That build can hide at the back and kill some trash though i guess. Each to their own.

Any AT will survive if the hand picked mobs have no way of fighting back.

As I posted upthread, Join me in a farm.  You take ANY Sentinel.  If you can help kill and not be on the floor more than once every 4-5 minutes I will give you a grudging "you win."

Then you take a Tank/Brute Farmer.  Pick any non Asteroid farm.  (and how many Asteroid rooms are there in game?) But if you dont want to be a dick just pick something with some sky.  As stated, this works in caves, I just have to work harder for distance jousting.  And office buildings, yadda yadda yadda.  Just not Asteroid, the map is a fishbowl filled with piranha.  My Blaster will be killing your 4/8 "Trash mobs" at a pretty damn good clip.  I get it, you do not believe.  That is okay.  Because I already spent days testing it.  Believe Lord Recluse is just trying to show you how to be free for all I care.  This Blaster is able to farm as long as there is a Tank/Brute holding the map.  Hmmmmm.  Or could.  I have not tested since the Devs changed the agro rules.  Should though, with stealth and range unless the Devs over tuned their own agro rules.  Based on the flavor text should not have altered the equation. This Blaster agro what it hits from 80' out and is still running stealth, the Tank/Brute holds the hate and if the fecal matter hits the oscillator push panic button 1 or 2 and wait for air to clear.  Repeat. THis works not only in farms but in Incarnate Trials.  In 4/8 ITF runs, in all normal game situations.  Does it kill as fast as most Blasters?  No.  Does it buff?  No.  Does it debuff?  (Elec?  No. lol) Is it really Tanky while playing like you are not floor crawling drunk but actually paying attention?  Spectacularly so.  

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

I honestly don't know if blasters & sentinels are on par yet, at this point.  What I CAN say, and what everyone seems to agree on (including our snarky nosferatu friend 😁) is that they are MUCH improved over the original version.  Personally, whether  or not they are as potent as blasters, I am quite pleased with the results.

I have an NRG/SR sentinel that I used to tank (and blast) Jack as part of a five-man team last night.  He never got hit and inflicted hideous amounts of damage, (mostly thanks to the debuff from the new sentinel special, I imagine), which is pretty encouraging, given that Energy Blast has never been the most powerful choice in the Sentinels attack power sets.

@Snarky  What is your favorite farm for testing your best toons on?  I'll run my dude through the gauntlet and see how he does and report back to you.  I haven't actually tested this guy with any farms yet, so it will be a great boot camp for him, as I work towards getting all of my T4s for hard-mode runs.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cancrusher said:

I honestly don't know if blasters & sentinels are on par yet, at this point.  What I CAN say, and what everyone seems to agree on (including our snarky nosferatu friend 😁) is that they are MUCH improved over the original version.  Personally, whether  or not they are as potent as blasters, I am quite pleased with the results.

I have an NRG/SR sentinel that I used to tank (and blast) Jack as part of a five-man team last night.  He never got hit and inflicted hideous amounts of damage, (mostly thanks to the debuff from the new sentinel special, I imagine), which is pretty encouraging, given that Energy Blast has never been the most powerful choice in the Sentinels attack power sets.

@Snarky  What is your favorite farm for testing your best toons on?  I'll run my dude through the gauntlet and see how he does and report back to you.  I haven't actually tested this guy with any farms yet, so it will be a great boot camp for him, as I work towards getting all of my T4s for hard-mode runs.  

I honestly do not farm a lot.  I used one of the S shaped Fire tunnels for a little over a year.  The ones that look like the Market Crash mission. 18127?  The note is somewhere around here.  It was a generic Fire Farm tunnel.  It is shit now with the new changes of course.  

When farming with my Elec Blaster I just try to con....errrr ask the farmer to get on a big open map.  My favorites are the office building town map and the carnival tent maps.  So much horizontal space.  

But most farm maps fall into a few categories.  Tunnel (whether the S shaped or the troll tunnel, pretty similar tactically)  Office bldg, interior.  Good cover and pull, shorter ranges.  Asteroid.  Yeesh.  Death bowl.  No upstairs clearance.  Giant outdoor maps.  Then there are the enemy types, but unless they have energy resistance it is all the same.  Does not matter what damage they do, because they arent, not if you play well.  I think a lot of people are trying S/L farms now, those still farming.  Its really more of cranking it up to 4/8 and seeing if there is a terrain that is better/worse for you.  If you are in melee or honestly fighting you also need to match up defense/resistance to damage type of course.

7 minutes ago, Krimson said:

I have Sentinels that can farm. They're novelties. Something you pull out to show off once in a while, and then put away again because they are not all that useful. 

I believe you.  THis Blaster is that useful, but only so long as there is a Brute Tank in the mix.  Absolutely cannot do it solo.  But adds a metric crapton of AoE to fire support a Tank.

The other thing about this discussion (which I forgot to mention in my original reply- mea culpa) is that while Sents are meant to be tougher than blasters, they AREN'T meant to do more damage.  Massive damage output is the blasters thing, and always has been.

Sentinels are meant to be a sturdy ranged combat AT that acts as a force multiplier for other combat AT's by de-buffing the enemy with the sentinel special (which I can confirm, works REALLY well now).  In this capacity, it performs its function well, and I'm personally very happy with the end result.  I simply want to feel useful on a team, rather than someone that everyone else has to carry.

@Snarky  All righty.  I'll just use a tunnel and/or asteroid farm that I run my tanks/brutes through and report back to you, then. 😁👍

Edited by Cancrusher
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Cancrusher said:

The other thing about this discussion (which I forgot to mention in my original reply- mea culpa) is that while Sents are meant to be tougher than blasters, they AREN'T meant to do more damage.  Massive damage output is the blasters thing, and always has been.

Sentinels are meant to be a sturdy ranged combat AT that acts as a force multiplier for other combat AT's by de-buffing the enemy with the sentinel special (which I can confirm, works REALLY well now).  In this capacity, it performs its function well, and I'm personally very happy with the end result.  I simply want to feel useful on a team, rather than someone that everyone else has to carry.

I've actually considered pulling out my 50 Beam/Will Sentinel.  (Built for Ranged Def, of course)  I believe the retuned Sentinel inherent works best against Single Targets?  I loved levelling this guy.  One of my funnest Sentinel Runs.  And the inspiration for my Beam/Temp Blaster for Incarnate work.  

Just now, Krimson said:

I have made two 50s this month. I have also made two 50s this entire year. One of them is my new favorite Bio/Savage Tanker that just plows through anything. The other one is a Dual Pistols/Device Blaster. I'm going to be S/L farming with this Blaster. At +4/x8. It hasn't happened yet because Tanker but it will. Maybe even later today. 

Are you going to try that solo wildness, or dual box, or tagging onrto someone else's S/L farm?

1 minute ago, Snarky said:

I've actually considered pulling out my 50 Beam/Will Sentinel.  (Built for Ranged Def, of course)  I believe the retuned Sentinel inherent works best against Single Targets?  I loved levelling this guy.  One of my funnest Sentinel Runs.  And the inspiration for my Beam/Temp Blaster for Incarnate work.  

Right.  It's for locking onto (which you can do target with the ability, now.  Yay!) really tough foes- elite bosses, giant monsters, arch-villains, etc. and softening them up to bring them down quicker/more easily.  In this capacity, it is truly aces.  😁

• Like 1

Just now, Cancrusher said:

Right.  It's for locking onto (which you can do target with the ability, now.  Yay!) really tough foes- elite bosses, giant monsters, arch-villains, etc. and softening them up to bring them down quicker/more easily.  In this capacity, it is truly aces.  😁

I might rebuild as Beam/Invul then so I can hang near the team (team buffs, as mentioned above) and see how it feels to be a ST debuffer.

2 minutes ago, Cancrusher said:

I think an important distinction here too is that when the devs discuss balancing the Sentinel, at least going back to 2019, the comparison point was never Blasters. Just because the two have ranged blast powers doesn't mean there is a realistic source of comparison between the two. 

That isn't to say that the Sentinel is going to overperform the Scrapper, Stalker, or Brute. There are a lot of reasons why those ATs are going to remain ahead. However, the general impression of Sentinel play shouldn't be too terrible now from level 1 to 45+ given the better scalar. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Krimson said:

Currently he's a Dual Pistols/Device Blaster. I have him at Vet Level 3 right now. Only Incarnates are Tier 3 Agility and Tier 3 Barrier. Barrier is of course essential to the build. I managed three mobs at +4/x8 during my test. I probably could have done more, but I am in the "Hussle to Survive" stage of the build. When I have some more Incarnates, the experience will be smoother. I may take Melee Hybrid even though all his attacks are ranged, for the extra DEF and the taunt. 

As is, I could easily take him in a farm as a "Hitter" but I don't do that. I don't make "Hitters", though my farming Sentinels might as well be. 

Since I know you play a lot and do not make new 50s a lot...  What do you do with all the Emp merits on your old 50s? Because you can email these to your new 50, and 50 at a time by using the AH ATM converter.  Those make new incarnate powers a snap!

50 minutes ago, Snarky said:

This Blaster is able to farm as long as there is a Tank/Brute holding the map. 

51 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Tanky while playing like you are not floor crawling drunk but actually paying attention?  Spectacularly so.

So it’s spectacularly tanky when it has a tank to tank for it?   Are we talking about the blaster or the tank?   

Isn’t everything spectacularly tanky when it has a tank tanking for it?   My sentinel can out blast any blaster as long as it has a blaster to blast things for it.  

• Haha 8

Guardian survivor

13 minutes ago, Krimson said:

@Snarky are you playing the game again? Talk is cheap and I get better results by showing what I can do in-game. 

Lol  I was in costume creator for the new Beam/Invul Sentinel I just rolled.  The costume is the hardest part.  Now I am going to fiddle a bit while I do my pre workout caffeine sugar etc then a quick lift (I put in a home gym during last couple years)  Then a few errands.  Sigh, I gotta get independently wealkthy here soon lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Snarky said:

I believe you.  THis Blaster is that useful, but only so long as there is a Brute Tank in the mix.  Absolutely cannot do it solo.  But adds a metric crapton of AoE to fire support a Tank.

I think a /kin corruptor would be more useful probably. A Tank+ any AT will do well though lol.

I have seen a fire Blaster farm and was quite impressed to be honest, though i did not notice if they were popping inspirations every opportunity. They didn't just stay ranged either.

Good AoE will always be useful for farming and a Blaster does it better than a Sentinel.....usually. A Sentinel can afford to build more aggressively though. A Fire/Bio Sentinel could do quite well.

If a Tank is taking all the aggro then the Blaster will not be any more survivable than a Sentinel or vice versa. But a Blaster will not be more survivable than a Sentinel, that has armor as it's secondary skill.

I could just proc the hell out of my Fortunata and still have high defense and bring some buffs.

Edited by Gobbledegook

2 minutes ago, Gobbledegook said:

I think a /kin corruptor would be more useful probably. A Tank+ any AT will do well though lol.

I have seen a fire Blaster farm and was quite impressed to be honest, though i did not notice if they were popping inspirations every opportunity. They didn't just stay ranged either.

Good AoE will always be useful for farming and a Blaster does it better than a Sentinel.....usually. A Sentinel can afford to build more aggressively though. A Fire/Bio Sentinel could do quite well.

If a Tank is taking all the aggro then the Blaster will not be any more survivable than a Sentinel or vice versa. But a Blaster will not be more survivable than a Sentinel, that has armor as it's secondary skill.

I disagree.  I would love to test this.  I have seen Brutes not optimized to a farm drop fast.  A sentinel can only be so survivable in close, Tank or no.  My Blaster uses strategy to avoid taking damage in the first place.  Def>Res>Heal.  A Sentinel uses that equation just like all melee classes.  errr except Dark armor lol.  But Not Being in Range > Def

21 minutes ago, Krimson said:

I can solo farm +4/x8 Fire and Smashing/Lethal on my Elec/Kin Corr main. It's a hussle, but not a struggle. 

There does come a point where the player matters way more than the AT (given a good build)  I think you reached that point Krimson 🙂

Edited by Snarky
  • Thumbs Down 2

6 hours ago, Snarky said:

You know how often I hit Phase Shift outside of running Fire Support on a Fire Farm?  Maybe once every 5 hours of gameplay.  That generally to do something like reposition in a +4/x8 ITF cave map where the team split.  When I need to traverse the map Phase Shift and zip.  Because the toon is 100% ranged everything and is rocking extreme Ranged defense there is almost nothing that floors it.  I have a similar build on a "real" Blaster, Beam Rifle/Temp without the Stealth or Force Mastery pools.  That is my Blaster for Incarnate Trial badging, including Really Hard Way Magisterium.  Very rarely hits the floor.  That Beam is insanely powerful.  AND as sturdy as any Sentinel IF played to the strength of the build.  The Electrical was just a lulz to see what I could do.  When a friend needs a Blaster for tough work and Badges I break out my little hover Blaster.  Does not have the 75% S/L Res or the "oh crap" buttons.  So rarely an issue.  Oooooh, S/L farms are big now.  My little Elec may have better Farm opportunities!

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.4.6
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Crackle: Level 50 Technology Blaster
Primary Power Set: Beam Rifle
Secondary Power Set: Temporal Manipulation
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Concealment
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Munitions Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Charged Shot

• (A) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage
  • (3) Thunderstrike - Damage/Endurance
  • (3) Thunderstrike - Damage/Recharge
  • (5) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (5) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (7) Thunderstrike - Damage/Endurance/Recharge

Level 1: Time Wall

• (A) Gravitational Anchor - Chance for Hold

Level 2: Cutting Beam

• (A) Artillery - Accuracy/Damage
  • (9) Artillery - Damage/Endurance
  • (11) Artillery - Damage/Recharge
  • (11) Artillery - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (13) Artillery - Accuracy/Recharge/Range
  • (13) Artillery - Endurance/Recharge/Range

Level 4: Single Shot

• (15) Thunderstrike - Damage/Endurance
  • (15) Thunderstrike - Damage/Recharge
  • (17) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (17) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (19) Thunderstrike - Damage/Endurance/Recharge

Level 6: Disintegrate

• (19) Thunderstrike - Damage/Endurance
  • (21) Thunderstrike - Damage/Recharge
  • (21) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (23) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (23) Thunderstrike - Damage/Endurance/Recharge

Level 8: Aim

• (A) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff
  • (25) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge
  • (25) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge/Endurance
  • (27) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Recharge/Endurance
  • (27) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Endurance
  • (29) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Chance for Build Up

Level 10: Chronos

• (A) Recharge Reduction IO
  • (29) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 12: Lancer Shot

• (31) Thunderstrike - Damage/Endurance
  • (31) Thunderstrike - Damage/Recharge
  • (31) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (33) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (33) Thunderstrike - Damage/Endurance/Recharge

Level 14: Fly

• (A) Winter's Gift - Slow Resistance (20%)

Level 16: Hasten

• (A) Recharge Reduction IO
  • (33) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 18: Penetrating Ray

• (A) Superior Defiant Barrage - Accuracy/Damage
  • (34) Superior Defiant Barrage - Damage/RechargeTime
  • (34) Superior Defiant Barrage - Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime
  • (34) Superior Defiant Barrage - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (36) Superior Defiant Barrage - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (36) Superior Defiant Barrage - RechargeTime/+Status

Level 20: Temporal Healing

• (A) Performance Shifter - Chance for +End
  • (36) Performance Shifter - EndMod
  • (37) Endurance Modification IO
  • (37) Numina's Convalesence - +Regeneration/+Recovery
  • (37) Numina's Convalesence - Heal
  • (39) Healing IO

Level 22: Stealth

• (A) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed

Level 24: Time Stop

• (A) Superior Entomb - Accuracy/Hold
  • (39) Superior Entomb - Hold/Recharge
  • (39) Superior Entomb - Endurance/Recharge
  • (40) Superior Entomb - Accuracy/Hold/Endurance
  • (40) Superior Entomb - Accuracy/Hold/Endurance/Recharge
  • (40) Superior Entomb - Recharge/Chance for +Absorb

Level 26: Piercing Beam

• (A) Artillery - Accuracy/Damage
  • (42) Artillery - Damage/Endurance
  • (42) Artillery - Damage/Recharge
  • (42) Artillery - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (43) Artillery - Accuracy/Recharge/Range
  • (43) Artillery - Endurance/Recharge/Range

Level 28: Maneuvers

• (A) Kismet - Accuracy +6%

Level 30: Tactics

• (A) Rectified Reticle - Increased Perception

Level 32: Overcharge

• (A) Superior Blaster's Wrath - Accuracy/Damage
  • (43) Superior Blaster's Wrath - Damage/Recharge
  • (45) Superior Blaster's Wrath - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (45) Superior Blaster's Wrath - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (45) Superior Blaster's Wrath - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (46) Superior Blaster's Wrath - Recharge/Chance for Fire Damage

Level 35: Body Armor

• (A) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All)

Level 38: Time Lord

• (A) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/+Def 3%

Level 41: Surveillance

• (A) Endurance Reduction IO

Level 44: Cryo Freeze Ray

• (A) Lockdown - Accuracy/Hold
  • (46) Lockdown - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (46) Lockdown - Recharge/Hold
  • (48) Lockdown - Endurance/Recharge/Hold
  • (48) Lockdown - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge/Hold
  • (48) Lockdown - Chance for +2 Mag Hold

Level 47: Time Shift

• (A) Absolute Amazement - Stun
  • (50) Absolute Amazement - Stun/Recharge
  • (50) Absolute Amazement - Stun/Recharge/Accuracy
  • (50) Absolute Amazement - Chance for ToHit Debuff

Level 49: Assault

• (A) Endurance Reduction

Level 1: Defiance 

Level 1: Brawl

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1677;722;1444;HEX;|
|78DA6594D96ED3501086C7F171B375CBD28D740D8466A1A1E509A029156D535175E|
|136B8899B58B84994A488BE063748405B4040E12D80963B7814B60BA020A130F178|
|C409B1E49CCF9E73FEF9E7647C56EF2D747FFC90BD0A4A4FC6D2EBF5DC3CFE368C9|
|A6FD3C897CA15AB52DC07BCDC999A9EBF63196EE411674A6E5D2F178D427ADED077|
|73EBE68E65C438B2B157AD566A8DF4A6B18BA36EE556F5B259DDB3F4865929837FA|
|D52B1D28B96592C357C366F540DA310B071A97CD7AC9BDBA66536F6FBEC3759432F|
|18B57AC9AC0E5EAF9AF9F4EA5ED96CE9D451B5956D7F184D45F1BE1D06F96A6A000|
|738CE0970C121C3118180270C4F09BAE019C1B5048ECA3F19BCB75C76440FCB014C|
|A080AAD9110F08021F680C5D04DDE066F010E45046956554F6D9CB3E7BD9673FFBE|
|C679F41F6B98D329A2CA3B14C9065C22C13669941961964993CCAB8A57235373CA7|
|7287E105C34B827370CCF08A60145E132CE0AE7925378A1752E04C71A08099FCB26|
|13F1B1E67C3E36C789C0D4FB2E14936ECC726EC9164F021A2DA912846FAA452943E|
|4E3DC960A087805C6D00B0055A912950185C0C2AC179100C1AC122561B926542F0C|
|0E54CB94F7001933A704B71608BE022A20D3D6878402E650006684A06130CC90986|
|E08D7016BF657847300D270CA70CEF0976B0DC1179CB47B86313DCB109EED804776|
|C923B36C91D1B409F11F99388C01F1CC7048430322647C6E000EB0F092862EA09B9|
|820978A83AB28F082EC163860386438219382238C1212A2788C2158A2CE116C5E44|
|8CCDE3134F5AD1B202E6F6B1CFF4B7BCD292E4DC9A652F0DDE524FCC1F093E0329C|
|31FC62F84D700353A72519350DCB14998315862CC34D82206ED5ACEC77165AC7A95|
|0614AB49F38CD51D17E92D92F9B4DC88A8EA3C94BE26BA2FD68C2077BC5275FC78A|
|19DA8ACF9D913845BEFC17419C529D3372191FA6057CED9CE2F4BF87FBFF38D95E4|
|3138F9CB6EFB6B9823366E5177F010E21CE67|
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|

I mean, hitting phase shift EVER or even grabbing it makes me concerned about this build…

You can put whatever bells n whistles on it but I still see it, and you still use it, which means it can’t be THAT good 😛

Normally im not this snarky, and I love blasters myself, but you came in with what started as a bit hot of a take but  then shifted to “No sentinel can do X like this blaster.” I assure you, I have a Dark/Regen that has. I did a +4/x8 ITF with it and didnt even use MoG(which I mule but hey, it can be nifty at times!) ITF is laughably easy to me and no proof of survivability to be honest. It’s like using Pylons for DPS test, to me at least.

Edited by Seed22

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

31 minutes ago, Seed22 said:

I mean, hitting phase shift EVER or even grabbing it makes me concerned about this build…

You can put whatever bells n whistles on it but I still see it, and you still use it, which means it can’t be THAT good 😛

Normally im not this snarky, and I love blasters myself, but you came in with what started as a bit hot of a take but  then shifted to “No sentinel can do X like this blaster.” I assure you, I have a Dark/Regen that has. I did a +4/x8 ITF with it and didnt even use MoG(which I mule but hey, it can be nifty at times!) ITF is laughably easy to me and no proof of survivability to be honest. It’s like using Pylons for DPS test, to me at least.

I think of Phase Shift (tactically) like the value of submersible in the early days of submarines.  They could submerge.  But they did not do most of their work submerged.  It was used to get into position and/or run away.  Only later did it become a fighting posture and then a near constant.  

As I stated, when you are doing an 11 minute ITF speed run and have cleared a crystal in the cave then realize you need to get WAY to the other side of the map through two lines of tunnels to get to the action....Phase Shift is useful.  When you are in a farm and drop a few large AoEs, t9 nuke, incarnate nuke, some other stuff, and then realize too many survived.  Danged handy.  

But your opinion matters.  You SEE it.  It can't be THAT good.  (I sure hope you do not think your opinion matters to me.  I mean, it matters, to you.)

Be concerned about this build.  uh, sure.  

It will still out damage Sentinels.  You may proc out some Sentinels but you just cannot get the AoE this thing has.  Period.  

It will out survive Sentinels.  (It it not THAT good....It has to use Powers to out survive a Sentinel   *rolls eyes)

33 minutes ago, Snarky said:

It will still out damage Sentinels.  You may proc out some Sentinels but you just cannot get the AoE this thing has.  Period.  

Obviously. No one ever said otherwise.

33 minutes ago, Snarky said:

It will out survive Sentinels.  (It it not THAT good....It has to use Powers to out survive a Sentinel   *rolls eyes)

Maybe really badly built and played Sentinels. Everything else being equal? No. No it will not.

Edited by Wavicle
  • Thumbs Up 1