Symphony is worthless trash.

Wavicle

I have it on both a Dom and Troller, both Symphony/Sonic

Once I switched to using the sleep as the go-to opener, the set became 

Music to my ears

<.<

>.>

🙂

With sonic, I have a repulse toggle that I cast on the pet ... helps to keep foes away.

• Haha 1

/e poofgone

9 hours ago, Wavicle said:

And I'm tired of pretending it's not.

I want a real Confuse. I want a real pet. What is this crap?

This is a meme, right? Am I not in on the joke? When did this set become trash?

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

ya single target confuse that causes aggro doesn't make a whole ton of sense to me.

If it got out super fast (like seeds animation) I could see using it midfight a lot more.  That said, it is free damage if I was already going to confuse an enemy during the fight anyway. I'm sure it has uses, proly just requires a different approach than i'm used to.

Strategies and such discussed at length here: 

And here:

Look for the post by Captain Powerhouse on page 9 in case it didn't link right. He gives an in-depth breakdown of how the pet works.

I'm still not thrilled about the Reverb's change to being a ranged AI. I know WHY they did it, but on the default AI he made for an amazing tank (at least on my Symph/Sonic test controller). I'll probably be forever salty about that change, lol.

Otherwise, Symphony was intended to have a different playstyle from the other control sets, and imo, is better on a controller than a dom because it really wants to have its powers used like blasts and used more frequently than doms tend to use theirs. The confuse wasn't really intended to be used as an opener, though I was able to cheese it some in testing where if I did it at max range it sometimes wouldn't notify all the mobs. 

• Like 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

53 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

this is precisely the problem

*shrug* There's sets like that for both AT's. Mind Control is better on doms than trollers.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

• 2 weeks later
6 hours ago, Rahabina said:

What is a good secondary you think?

I did just a bit of testing back in beta and liked Fire, Dark, and Elec best (at 50, solo).

Fire: Ranged ST champ

Dark: Survivability 

Elec: Voltaic Sent is a pet that attacks independent of you and I liked slotting the damage/endmod sets into the elec ranged attacks for their recharge set bonuses. Plus the chance to get End back is helpful.

I'm sure others have better suggestions.  This was just my rough take, as I quickly moved on to Trollers for this set.

1 hour ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

I did just a bit of testing back in beta and liked Fire, Dark, and Elec best (at 50, solo).

Elec: Voltaic Sent is a pet that attacks independent of you and I liked slotting the damage/endmod sets into the elec ranged attacks for their recharge set bonuses. Plus the chance to get End back is helpful.

I'm sure others have better suggestions.  This was just my rough take, as I quickly moved on to Trollers for this set.

Your take mirrored what people like @oedipus_tex determined about it in the beta as well; /Fire and /Dark are probably Symph's best pairings on a dom. I know some folks keep trying to pair it with /Sonic, and I'm sure it can be made to work, but the two sets are very much at odds with one another considering Symph wants to be at range and /Sonic wants to be in melee. Otherwise yeah, I prefer Symph on a troller as well.

I agree with Tyger.  I made a Symphonic/Sonic Dom and hated it.  Terrible pairing.  Cones are horrible in melee range and Symphonic is just about all cones. 

But I loved my Symphonic/Dark Controller.  I slotted for range bonuses to make those cones go far and deep.  And then I added Ice mastery for some extra cold cone damage.  Rev and Fluffy make a great controlling duo and add lots of survivability.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

Right away Elec and Dark came to mind.  Elec is a really good support set too.  I have tons of Dark whatevers now

Swaying to the Symphony . . . of Destruction!

• Thumbs Up 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)