Make Dominators worth playing before Perma Dom.

Wavicle

19 minutes ago, BrandX said:

What's wrong with all that exactly?

I wouldn't say there is necessarily anything "wrong" with what you stated.  The issue is how things pan out in actual play.  Sure, having someone in permanent domination mode is great and all, but if and when it isn't up, you've basically got a worse mish-mash of a controller, blaster, and scrapper.  All things being equal, I'd rather have a controller or a control-heavy blaster...

1 hour ago, Galaxy Brain said:

@Rudra, there could be times where it has lapsed and it wasnt clicked in time. I know I have done it where I could be mid animation for something and it drops. Side note, are your SS characters brutes?

Yes.

Edit: Even if they were Tankers though, I would still avoid Rage. I guess I'm weird like that.

Edited by Rudra

Oof. These Domination suggestions are legit downgrades.

Domination is fine as is both before and after attaining permanence.

Oh no, you'll have to reapply a Hold one time for a stronger magnitude on a boss-mob like a Controller? You are not "worse off" just because your fancy buff wore off for a minute.

Before attaining permanence:

- It does not take long to refill your Domination-rage bar.

- It refills your endurance 100%. This is perfect for leveling.

- Get Hasten early - like Level 4, seriously. More CC-Spam - more rage-building.

- Use it on cool-down. Do not "save" it.

- Use the SG Basebuff with +Recharge.

- Pick your Logout spots that give +Recharge Day Jobs.

I'm not going to comment on specific suggestions for changes.  I'm pretty sure I've done that in other threads on the subject.  I'll just reiterate my overall feelings about Doms.

They're fun, but feel very squishy on high-level teams, even with perma-dom.  Too much attention from uncontrolled mobs gets dangerous fast.  They really need a heal, which is why I tend to prefer the very few powersets that provide some form of HP recovery.

But without perma-dom?  With those low hitpoints and my epic armor shut off by any mez, that's all it takes.  A single mez and I'm likely done.  For me perma-dom is required for high-level team play.

I am able to enjoy solo play while leveling without perma-dom, but wow is there a night-and-day difference between the leveling build and the perma-dom one I spec into after hitting 50.  I don't usually PL but the few times I have I think it's been all or mostly Doms.  Sometimes I just don't have the patience or desire to play one character while leveling even knowing that it will become a different one after hitting 50.  Might as well just rush to 50 and play the character I really want.

I like the way my Doms play despite them feeling more fragile than most of my other characters.  So I wouldn't want to make any big changes to them.  If I could do one thing it would be to narrow the gap between the leveling Dom feel and the end-game Dom feel.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1