Black Adam

Loved it... reminded me of the first Avengers movie in terms of how they were really staying true to being a comic at the expense of reality setting things in reality. Even the costumes. Half the time Hawkman looked a bit ridiculous, and the other half awesome. Introduced a ton of characters but found the right amount of time for most of them. Dr. Fate was a cool character and his powers were really well done. The Rock is just amazing. He's so great that you almost forget that in the story he is 5000 years old, learns english within seconds and from then on basically just is the Rock. Highly recommend. Once the action starts it does not stop. 

I need to see this.  Heck, I still haven't got to see Shazam! yet.  I love traditional, four-color humor/action romps.  It's what drew me to comics as a kid, back in the 70's/80's.

Grim-dark is cool too, but it's really the over-the-top, 4-color gonzo/wonk that made me love comic book super hero stuff.  😁👍

Will give it a look when it’s on DTV. Can heartily recommend Shazam, which Zach Levi owns…

…and even addresses the one weakness Marvel has (weakly plotted, usually “evil doppelgänger” villains, as correctly mocked by She-Hulk.) Sivana has a half-decent backstory, a different power source and set, and uses them… the film isn’t afraid to go darrrrk enough to scare kids - eg the boardroom scene. 

Black Adam’s reviewers have not been kind, evidently, but a popcorn flick’s a popcorn flick and the audiences still seem to dig it.

Edited by ThaOGDreamWeaver

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

Supplemental and SPOILER:

Spoiler

I suppose all y'all know by now...

...but in a mid-credits sequence, Waller threatens Black Adam to stay out of her back yard.

Adam shoots back that no-one on this planet can stop him.

Waller, naturally, responds that she has a favour... from someone not from this planet.

Cue a caped figure through the smoke... who says they should talk.

Yup, that's the return of Henry Cavill, and test audiences going predictably bananas.

According to Johnson's PR, Adam getting a shot at the all-Earth title (specifically with Cavill) was a prerequisite for the deal.

All very WWE, natch. 

Cavill has put up a predictably gracious message...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CkGjGIZL4rk/?hl=en

• Like 1

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.