Poison does not look as good as other sets

Omega9

Vs a -1 venonous gas (2 slotted) and weaken (unslotted) should do:

(14%+15%)*1.11 = 32% tohit debuff.

If nothing else a single small luck insp should pretty well floor their chances of hitting you.

I found in my time with poison that mez protection is the most important. The set does well enough, but requires active input, so getting mezzed is problematic.

Either a bf vs mezzers or an amplifier made for much smoother solo experience for me.

12 hours ago, Frosticus said:

Vs a -1 venonous gas (2 slotted) and weaken (unslotted) should do:

(14%+15%)*1.11 = 32% tohit debuff.

If nothing else a single small luck insp should pretty well floor their chances of hitting you.

I found in my time with poison that mez protection is the most important. The set does well enough, but requires active input, so getting mezzed is problematic.

Either a bf vs mezzers or an amplifier made for much smoother solo experience for me.

Grrr. Why are the forums so screwy now? Third time trying.

Here's a DP/Poison I threw together from my DP/Kin & Elec/Poison controller. Can't post the build for some reason, Forums are acting weird. So here's a CoH Build Share link to it. Melee Def is capped, you could play with Dark Consumption slots to lose some of that in favour of better End recovery. 

https://www.cohbuildshare.com/builds/293

image.thumb.png.186ba190e7dfaf5472d60766865fcf8c.png

I leveled a Poison/Dark character from 1-50.  While it wasn't one of my strongest solo characters, I certainly didn't have the kinds of issues you are talking about.  Yes, some enemies were harder than others.  But I certainly wasn't having issues with 0/0 missions at all, even with bosses.  I think EBs were usually kind of rough and required inspirations.  

I would agree that Poison needs a little help to match other support sets in terms of survivability, but it's still a pretty potent set at what it does.

Now for damage, I relied heavily on Procs, which might have pushed my DPS higher than yours and thus "solved" the endurance issue.

Edit: The more I think about it, it's probably a DPS/Damage issue.  If you aren't doing decent damage, then you're going to struggle trying to kill things before the END runs dry.  Are you biased to AOE damage?  Or do you have a decent ST chain?

Edited by BitCook

I ran into something I didn't understand; when slotting Venmous Gas for range it listed as PBAoE range 70 boosted to 84. something. What is being boosted to 84 feet?

I am wondering if Dual Pistols is Bugged somehow with Poison. I have never seen it so weak even when fully slotted with IO's for damage and now running Assault as well. I have other Corrupters with Dual Pistols and they all fair pretty well. As far as chains, I shoot whatever is ready unless I need AoE specifically. Getting Stunned all the time even with Scorpion Armor and Defense around 26 percent base.

Yeah, Poison is toxic trash. Don't play it. I struggle finding enemies that aren't in some inebriated state or toppling over in seconds.

On more sincere commentary:

- This is my favorite(main) character. Thematically, I love the effects tinted red or blue. Including the hurling Alkaloids and Antidotes.

- There are plenty of build paths. Some take the Support abilities, some completely ignore them.

- I don't struggle with Mesmerize effects between strategic Placement, Debuffs, Break Frees, Clarion, Stuns/Holds, and having Friends around.

- I'm pretty Tanky with the absurd amount of -ToHit applied. In fact, I diffuse a lot of pressure on teams through shear debuffing.

- Bosses melt quickly (sometimes in seconds!) as they're more vulnerable to your damage/CC effects with debuffs. Confused Arch-Villains aren't that uncommon.

- I adore the small community of fellow Poison-mains. I've come across some really glorious concepts like Velociraptors, Skunks, Frogs, Oil, and Maleficent.

The set is fine and fun if you're looking for something niche and impactful. I would change absolutely nothing about it. (Fight me)

🐋

image.png.f0bf508674505db206f8ecd93d5ab974.png

Edited by Nayeh

6 hours ago, Omega9 said:

I ran into something I didn't understand; when slotting Venmous Gas for range it listed as PBAoE range 70 boosted to 84. something. What is being boosted to 84 feet?

The 70 feet (and 84 feet) is meaningless. The power is a PBAoE, so the range is 0. You need to look at the effect radius, which is 15 feet.

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=corruptor_buff.poison.venomous_gas&at=corruptor

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller