Let people make their topics and speak.

Relvinian

Haven't posted all that much I just play the game.  But I dropped by the forum today and noticed a trend.  Someone makes a topic and the top response to the topic is basically shut up.

That is no way to have discourse.  We get enough of that in other places.

Now I'm just going to move on.  Consider me the "every man" if the opinion of just some guy who isn't posting millions of times matters.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 6

Old guy goes into a job interview and he is asked to explain his biggest weakness.

He says, "I am too honest."

Interviewer says, "Too honest, I don't think that is a problem."

Old guy says, "I don't give a "F" what you think"

Just a joke.  

Edited by Relvinian
  • Like 2
  • Haha 11
  • Thumbs Up 2

I blame the current state of the world and social media. I mean, sure everything looks bad right now but when you add in hearing everyone complaining, blaming  and sniping everyone else for it the sense of civility and togetherness just goes right out the window. God help you if you actually disagree with someone.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

Let people make their replies and speak.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

Join the Homecoming PvP Fightclub Discord 
What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.

There is a mean spirited trolliness that is more than evident. 'Ignore' or 'report' being the lamest and only realistic options available.

We could make a list of the worst and have them removed, only to then need to make a new list and repeat until we're alone.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

37 minutes ago, Frostbiter said:

I blame the current state of the world and social media. I mean, sure everything looks bad right now but when you add in hearing everyone complaining, blaming  and sniping everyone else for it the sense of civility and togetherness just goes right out the window. God help you if you actually disagree with someone.

I play this game to take a mental break from the real world.  Have a good one.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

24 minutes ago, Relvinian said:

I play this game to take a mental break from the real world.  Have a good one.

I didn't mean that to be taken personally, it was just an observation. It wasn't about anyone or any place in particular and I'm sorry if reads that way. Although if you want peace I can only suggest getting off of the internet. I've done it for stretches myself and it helps.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

Next time just start the thread with "Shut up", head them off at the pass so to speak.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

So, here's my 2 cents...

This is a forum.  A forum is a place for people to come together and talk about a subject.

Not all people have the same opinion on said subject.  This leads to discussion and back and forth.  This is a good thing as listening to other people's opinions that differ from yours helps you grow, either by changing your mind or by confirming your own opinion.

Echo Chambers are not a good thing.

Yes, you're allowed to have your opinion and you are allowed to post about it.  However that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to have my opinion and also post about it.

• Thumbs Up 4

What this team needs is more Defenders

7 hours ago, Relvinian said:

Haven't posted all that much I just play the game.  But I dropped by the forum today and noticed a trend.  Someone makes a topic and the top response to the topic is basically shut up.

That is no way to have discourse.  We get enough of that in other places.

Now I'm just going to move on.  Consider me the "every man" if the opinion of just some guy who isn't posting millions of times matters.

Most common tactic I see on these forums to mess with discussions or intentionally derail them is the pic spam...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

4 hours ago, Sanguinesun said:

Most common tactic I see on these forums to mess with discussions or intentionally derail them is the pic spam...

That happens after a page and half of actual discussion on the topic at hand, usually spearheaded by people who have no proof of their claims in either direction, who have no inclination to agree with their "opponents" because, sincerely, they don't have to. This carries on until most of what's been said, has been said multiple times by mulitple people, representing arguments from any side that could be taken in any argument.

Then we shitpost, because at that point there's already over 500 words on the actual topic to read through about the topic, and people can formulate opinions for themselves. The topic has all but reached its natural conclusion. So there's no point in repeating eachother, lest we end up with another page and a half of actual discussion on the topic at hand, usually spearheaded by people who have no proof of their claims in either direction, who have no inclination to agree with their "opponents" because, sincerely, they don't have to. This carries on until most of what's been said, has been said multiple times by mulitple people, representing arguments from any side that could be taken in any argument.

Then we shitpost, because at that point there's already over 500 words on the actual topic to read through about the topic, and people can formulate opinions for themselves. The topic has all but reached its natural conclusion. So there's no point in repeating eachother, lest we end up with another page and a half of actual discussion on the topic at hand, usually spearheaded by people who have no proof of their claims in either direction, who have no inclination to agree with their "opponents" because, sincerely, they don't have to. This carries on until most of what's been said, has been said multiple times by mulitple people, representing arguments from any side that could be taken in any argument.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Thumbs Down 4

Resident certified baby

2 hours ago, Redletter said:

That happens after a page and half of actual discussion on the topic at hand, usually spearheaded by people who have no proof of their claims in either direction, who have no inclination to agree with their "opponents" because, sincerely, they don't have to. This carries on until most of what's been said, has been said multiple times by mulitple people, representing arguments from any side that could be taken in any argument.

Your admitting to intentionally derailing threads in an inane way is duly noted.

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

14 minutes ago, Snarky said:

See the source image

ICP fans are starting to get lazy.

• Haha 4

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

...if it wasn't for that horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college.

• Haha 2
  • Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty