Fury vs Leadership

TheOtherTed

I recently re-created my brute as a tanker when I found out that tanks get controller-level bonuses for the Leadership pool.  However, I'm kind of missing the Fury mechanic, so I'm considering going back to brute.

I'm not a numbers guy, by any means.  I also tend to solo, and I get that Leadership would be far better on teams.  Both Leadership and Fury would make sense for the character concept (even solo), but I'm looking for input on which would be a better choice overall (and yep, it's one or the other - the brute Leadership numbers are as low as they ever were, AFAIK).

29 minutes ago, TheOtherTed said:

I recently re-created my brute as a tanker when I found out that tanks get controller-level bonuses for the Leadership pool.  However, I'm kind of missing the Fury mechanic, so I'm considering going back to brute.

I'm not a numbers guy, by any means.  I also tend to solo, and I get that Leadership would be far better on teams.  Both Leadership and Fury would make sense for the character concept (even solo), but I'm looking for input on which would be a better choice overall (and yep, it's one or the other - the brute Leadership numbers are as low as they ever were, AFAIK).

Go Kinetic Melee on that Tanker.  Power Siphon is like Fury.  Keep attacking, build up damage, up to 25% per stack but you have to keep attacking to keep those stacks coming for those 20 seconds with a max of 5 stacks!

Thanks for the suggestion, but the tanker is War Mace / Shield Def (because pipe wrenches and manhole covers are cool.  IMO.)  Plus, as a former Kinetics defender, my left eye still twitches when I see the word "Kinetic."

Edited by TheOtherTed

Leadership does not add much either way. Even on a tanker it is something like 3-4% def and 4-5% actual damage. While this is nice its value comes from stacking with other players who also took them.

Rule of thumb is brutes do more damage and tankers are more survivable, but until page 6 next spring (some) tankers get away with also doing more damage than the brute by loading on procs.

I would say stick to the tanker depending on what content you intend to do.

2 hours ago, Sovera said:

Rule of thumb is brutes do more damage and tankers are more survivable, but until page 6 next spring (some) tankers get away with also doing more damage than the brute by loading on procs.

"Some" meaning* Tankers using the following powersets: Bio Armor, Rad Armor, Fiery Aura, Shield, Savage Melee, Super Strength, Battle Axe, and Radiation Melee

@TheOtherTed, Looks like you're using Shield. Go Tanker.

* Per Ston here.

Edited by Erratic1

16 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

"Some" meaning* Tankers using the following powersets: Bio Armor, Rad Armor, Fiery Aura, Shield, Savage Melee, Super Strength, Battle Axe, and Radiation Melee

@TheOtherTed, Looks like you're using Shield. Go Tanker.

* Per Ston here.

Yeah, and as Ston said once making a normal build that adds 1-2 procs per attack both Tanker and Brute follow the model of Brute doing more damage and Tanker being more durable.

But you're both right and it is what it is until page 6.

13 minutes ago, Parabola said:

Care to elaborate? What's the scoop on page 6?

The  P R O C A L Y P S E!

We don't know what it will be since Captain Powerhouse has 100% refused so much as hint about what it will be about. But procs are on the chopping block.

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, Sovera said:

We don't know what it will be since Captain Powerhouse has 100% refused so much as hint about what it will be about. But procs are on the chopping block.

Ah ok. No details yet. It'll be interesting to see what they come up with. If nothing else I look forward to growing my ignore list during the inevitable open beta drama!

I appreciate all the input - I'm not much closer to making a decision, but I've got more hay to chew on.

I should have mentioned that my interest in enhancements pretty much stops at level 25 "workbench" IOs, so I'm not sure page 6 will hit me one way or the other.

Unless they do something like the secret "Teleport Foe" nerf they did shortly after the Teleportation revamp.

On 10/25/2022 at 2:18 PM, Sovera said:

Procs now have a 100% activation rate, but you can only have one proc per power.

A man can dream...

54 minutes ago, Lazarillo said:

Procs now have a 100% activation rate, but you can only have one proc per power.

A man can dream...

I believe something like 'when one proc procs all procs go into an internal CD of X seconds'. X seconds can be 1.5 seconds and all it means is one proc per power. Seems okay by me and kills proc bombing as along as passive procs like Performance Shifter and Panaceia are given exemptions.

• Like 1

meh set bonuses broke the game. 

Bring those in line and people won't be able to fit so many procs in while "easily" hitting defense and recharge goals. Perhaps less applicable with tanks as they were overtuned anyway.

Some procs are  problematic like critical strikes.

New Axe and forcefield gives me hope that he is ok with crazy OP stuff and won't gut procs to the point of being worthless. Chasing set bonuses affects the difficulty slider way more than cramming procs in savage leap. 

• Like 1