Ice/SS Tanker

bear42

I've got an Ice/SS Tanker.

I'm looking for the best sets for Energy Absorption and Chilling Embrace (6 slots each).

For Chilling Embrace, I'm thinking Ice Mistral's Torment.

For Energy Absorption, I was thinking Power Transfer because of all the great set bonuses (+Regen, +MaxEnd, +HitPoint, +Acc, +Recharge).  The Chance to Heal Self is nice, but used in EA I don't think it fires off as often as if it was slotted in Stamina.  Other than that, the enhancement bonuses themselves aren't that great.  The Damage bonuses don't help because it's not a damaging power.

Beyond that, I would think Performance Shifter or Synapse's Shock or Preemptive Optimization.

In your experience, which would you choose?

Thanks

Here's a (fairly) recent conversation about Ice Armor.  Was pre-issue 5, but the def and res numbers are still valid.

To answer your specific questions, I did quite the opposite.  A single damage proc in Chilling Embrace and 6-slotted LotG in EA, for the added def.  After changes driven by the suggestions in the thread above, wound up with these (no ATO, no Incarnate) numbers:

image.thumb.png.d446a6e1648f4cd9080e448af8410070.png

Edited by PLVRIZR
reworded

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

Does SS/Rage still have the -Def Crash? If so, is that a big deal (I don't recall from the days of running mine on live)? Six slots in CE seems like a lot to me, although I haven't seen your build. I agree, putting PTs unique in Stamina is probably a better bet than AE. For AE I generally slot for Recharge and Def. I was working on a icer a couple months ago, but got sidetracked by a shiny... I'll have to go back and see what I was testing/messing around with...

.... Squirrel!

Edited by Warboss
  • Haha 1

Nothing warms your opponent like Fiery Melee.

Tanker Tuesday and Tanker Tuesday Tour Info:

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Special weekend run for Reunion/Europe