Toon concept idea. Squid only!

Snarky

Been wanting one of these since I first discovered Kheldians. But I can see how difficult it would be to create something worthworthy when squids don't have a nuke and are meant to be in and out forms. Making it at least passably viable might involve the double Eclipse stuff and then back to squid to blast which is not longer in the spirit of the idea.

If you are trying to make a Kheldian that uses none of its human powers whatsoever due to a rigid character concept, you are going to have a bad time, and I suggest you don't bother.

If you are trying to build a Kheldian that wants to stay ranged and flying about 80% of the time, shifting back to human to hit buffs, hasten, heals, and rushing in to nuke now and then, you could probably accomplish that with reasonable success on a PB. Squid form just doesn't have access to many powers other than 5 ranged attacks and incarnates. Base buffs, along with all toggles, are suppressed as well.

@dungeoness and @eloora on Excelsior

<Federation of United Cosmic Knights>

4 hours ago, Dungeoness said:

If you are trying to make a Kheldian that uses none of its human powers whatsoever due to a rigid character concept, you are going to have a bad time, and I suggest you don't bother.

If you are trying to build a Kheldian that wants to stay ranged and flying about 80% of the time, shifting back to human to hit buffs, hasten, heals, and rushing in to nuke now and then, you could probably accomplish that with reasonable success on a PB. Squid form just doesn't have access to many powers other than 5 ranged attacks and incarnates. Base buffs, along with all toggles, are suppressed as well.

Thanks, it is indeed based on just the squid.  and the show "squidbillies"...

6 hours ago, Snarky said:

I am building a toon based on a concept in my mind. (so dangerous)  It will be squid form only.  PB or WS and why?

PS, I never ran these.

Unless you plan on investing in several KB->KD IOs, I'd go Warshade.  Also, while toggles from human form don't carry over to Nova form, a click effect like hasten does, making such powers really useful!  Are you open to at least some form switching?  You could drop to human and use sunless mire, black dwarf mire, and dark extraction, too...

7 minutes ago, biostem said:

Unless you plan on investing in several KB->KD IOs, I'd go Warshade.  Also, while toggles from human form don't carry over to Nova form, a click effect like hasten does, making such powers really useful!  Are you open to at least some form switching?  You could drop to human and use sunless mire, black dwarf mire, and dark extraction, too...

sigh nope, just squid lol

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Weylin said:

Is this like Petless MM 2.0

Sort of yes.  Like when your concept calls for a bullship but you are a loner?  So you end up....

This is a toon that is ALWAYS a squid.  I am going to roll them.  Have not decided Peace Or War.  

I know nothing.  Is there a toggle for Squid form?   How do you know what powers are available in what forms?

26 minutes ago, Snarky said:

This is a toon that is ALWAYS a squid.  I am going to roll them.  Have not decided Peace Or War.  

I know nothing.  Is there a toggle for Squid form?   How do you know what powers are available in what forms?

Knowing you....go Warshade, it's darker, and has a bonus to brooding in the shadows. Also you can make use of the multiple slow damage procs to help your abilities. You get access to powers that say Dark Nova.... In front of them and and I think it's ebon eye that carries over into Nova as well.

That said I'd use a few powers in human like dark extraction to have pets to follow you around in squid form, sunless more for basically soul drain, and styigan circle to refill your HP/end from dead bodies.

Otherwise your a floating artillery platform that lays eggs in other heroes and villains....

• Like 1

After screwing with this for a couple hours I realized it is completely untenable.  I had to do multiple respecs to "discover" what powers could be used in squid form.  There are not many.  Do I/O builds in the (not greyed out, HARD RED NOT THERE) powers even count for set bonuses?  Too many questions, not enough interest lol

On 10/26/2022 at 12:45 PM, Snarky said:

I am building a toon based on a concept in my mind. (so dangerous)  It will be squid form only.  PB or WS and why?

PS, I never ran these.

I have a TriForm

BiForm Squid Human hard choices but doable and great at the lower lvl content

BiForm Dwarf Human durable tank option here

Take a swig of the red stuff and try again

Believe in you!

*throws sparkles in the air*

• Haha 1

/e poofgone

On 10/27/2022 at 7:40 PM, Snarky said:

After screwing with this for a couple hours I realized it is completely untenable.  I had to do multiple respecs to "discover" what powers could be used in squid form.  There are not many.  Do I/O builds in the (not greyed out, HARD RED NOT THERE) powers even count for set bonuses?  Too many questions, not enough interest lol

I mean, we told you as much, lol. Squid form can literally just use the 5 attacks that appear in the popup bar when you shift to that form, but also Ebon Eye, incarnate abilities and I guess all of the temp powers that aren't toggles. Nothing else. No human powers. No pool powers. No epic pool is even available to pick from, regardless of spec.

It isn't even the petless MM 2.0, it's just a half-assed, incomplete toon that shouldn't be played past DFB or Posi 1 on your shits and giggles 3rd spec ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1

@dungeoness and @eloora on Excelsior

<Federation of United Cosmic Knights>

6 minutes ago, Dungeoness said:

I mean, we told you as much, lol. Squid form can literally just use the 5 attacks that appear in the popup bar when you shift to that form, but also Ebon Eye, incarnate abilities and I guess all of the temp powers that aren't toggles. Nothing else. No human powers. No pool powers. No epic pool is even available to pick from, regardless of spec.

It isn't even the petless MM 2.0, it's just a half-assed, incomplete toon that shouldn't be played past DFB or Posi 1 on your shits and giggles 3rd spec ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah.  I don't think it was spelled out that clear but there were warnings lol.  I guess Squid Billy is destined for DFB 4ever.

On 10/26/2022 at 1:45 PM, Snarky said:

PS, I never ran these.

Go PB. Dwarf is kinda redundant for them, do NOT go WS, no matter what. Dwarf is key for double mire.

• Like 1

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

• 2 weeks later
  • 3 weeks later
  • 2 weeks later

Various thoughts on the subject based on having a lvl 50 PB on live and Homecoming.

What is your plan to deal with status effects? The typical Squid Answer is to go Dwarf when held.

With my Tri-Form PB I spend a fair amount of the time in squid form, not having the self heals in Human/Dwarf and all the other powers would be a huge detractor. 

For low to mid level squid is very powerful especially if you put all your slots there and max out the Nova form and attacks. 

End game and squid doesnt keep up with blasters and other high damage classes but does ok. 

Hasten doesnt trigger in Squid form, only human.

Perma Light form does help a lot.

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

4 hours ago, Snarky said:

this idea died in the first hard day of trying.  i never ran a squid before and did not realize that a squid only form has like 3 powers.  ever.

One of the human-form attacks does carry over to Nova form - the eye-beams, IIRC...