Freebies Popmenu - Give yourself levels, inf, and enhancements

4 minutes ago, sarf said:

You need to put the menu file into data\texts\English\menus\

You have put it into data. Keep adding directories!

So I need to add three more folders?

Edit: I give up, this is why I never majored in computer science.

Edited by Murcielago

3 minutes ago, Murcielago said:

So I need to add three more folders?

Yes, exactly. Once you have created the menus directory in the English directory in the texts directory in the data directory you have created, you put the menu file there.

Edited by sarf
extra characters

1 hour ago, DreamingShad said:

But how do we get Superior Archetype sets?  - this doesn't seem to have catalysts.

I'm not 100% but before, you could simply trade influence for merits and then trade merits for catalysts at one of the merit vendors. Haven't had the occasion to log into Pineapple yet,so I am unsure if this is how it works there still.

• 2 weeks later

I have tested this a few times and found it useful and easy to use.  It would be nice if the popmenu was persistent and didn't disappear after completing an option.  Leveling and gaining influence are okay but losing the popmenu after selecting one type of enhancement makes filling your slots very time consuming especially at higher levels.

I haven't tried setting up a macro for the popmenu yet.

I noticed that the IOs it offers start at 25 while the level options are IIRC every ten levels. I wanted to test a level 20 toon but couldn't add IOs so used DOs/SOs instead - no problem there but I had to level to 30 to get a stealth IO. I chose level 20 because around that level you can reasonably test a whole power pool (for example) without gimping your primary/secondary powersets. Having the IO selection begin at 20 would be nice.

• 1 month later
4 minutes ago, thevernshow said:

So 
I've tried this the menu pops up and everytime I use a command it says "unkown command"

You wouldn't by chance be trying to run this menu on the live server would you? If yes, it's meant for the test server, not the live one. If no, someone else might be able to step in. The instructions are solid so you shouldn't be running into an issue.

• 1 month later
7 minutes ago, Choya said:

Thank you for this awesome tool! It doesn't seem to me like the Event IOs have the superior set bonuses. Am I missing something?

Figured it out about getting free catalysts from the merit vendor. Thanks again!

• 1 month later

My son uses this all the time and it looks awesome. Problem... after install the macro created the Power but the power doesn't do anything. Tried all 4 prompts same result. ... yes, the .mnu file is in the correct folder. Any advise?

On 1/11/2020 at 8:35 PM, Merkeva said:

My son uses this all the time and it looks awesome. Problem... after install the macro created the Power but the power doesn't do anything. Tried all 4 prompts same result. ... yes, the .mnu file is in the correct folder. Any advise?

I have the same issue.  Correct folder macro gives no errors or anything.  Clicking it just does nothing at all.

• Jimmy unpinned this topic
On 1/19/2020 at 5:58 PM, Gauntlet_Prime said:

I have the same issue.  Correct folder macro gives no errors or anything.  Clicking it just does nothing at all.

Echoing this.

Freebies placed in c/GAME/data/test/English/menus, both macros created and used. Nothing.

Client very much restarted several times over since the rig I'm using has been turned off a few times since first trying to get this to work.

If you set a man a flame, you keep him warm for a day. If you set a man aflame, you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

• 2 weeks later
On 2/11/2020 at 7:20 PM, LQT said:

Echoing this.

Freebies placed in c/GAME/data/test/English/menus, both macros created and used. Nothing.

Client very much restarted several times over since the rig I'm using has been turned off a few times since first trying to get this to work.

The proper folder is TEXT, not test.  Put them in ../data/text/English/menus.   For example, I have CoH installed on my E: drive, so my path looks like this:

E:\CoH\data\texts\English\menus

Hope this helps

On 2/28/2020 at 2:50 PM, r0y said:

The proper folder is TEXT, not test.  Put them in ../data/text/English/menus.   For example, I have CoH installed on my E: drive, so my path looks like this:

E:\CoH\data\texts\English\menus

Hope this helps

Unfortunately the typo was in that post. The folder is named "text", I just wrote "test" when posting here by mistake. Still doesn't work for me.

If you set a man a flame, you keep him warm for a day. If you set a man aflame, you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

22 hours ago, LQT said:

Unfortunately the typo was in that post. The folder is named "text", I just wrote "test" when posting here by mistake. Still doesn't work for me.

I also typo'd it is "texts" (plural).  Not sure why putting it in ../data/texts/English/menus/ isn't working for you, as this badge-thing is a great popmenu.

I have re-edited the Freebies PopMenu and will include it here with instructions:

1)  Download my latest freebies.mnu version 20200309.01 from HERE

2)  Copy it to your game's ..\data\texts\English\menus\ folder.  You might have to create several of these if you have not done so before.  See below for an example:

freebies_mnu.jpg.ffed9f6d77084d6b44d368cc95651309.jpg

3)  Close & Restart game client if it is running, otherwise fire up City of Heroes Homecoming...

4)  In game, create convenient macros to use freebies.mnu:

A)  Large, original menu:  /macro F "popmenu freebies"

B)  Smaller, compact menu:  /macro f  "popmenu freebiesc" (note the "c" for compact)

5)  I recommend creating a floating power bar (click the "+" see below) and drag the bar to your upper left, as popmenus like to cascade right and down only it seems.

image.png.b1d75f1e75236ed34d26c78f0f6ba73e.png

6) Then put your macro(s) ("F" and "f" from step 4) into the new, floating tray you just made.  Voila!

Hope this helps, and let me know if I messed anything up!

-r0y

Updated 08 Mar 2020 fixed an ordering issue with the compact menu and added the Artillery set.

Updated 09 Mar 2020 to include @AboveTheChemist's cool badge-granting submenu!

Edited by r0y
updates
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1