End Woes?

biostem

Besides sets that include some form of end recovery power(s), how do you folks address bottoming-out?  I use panacea/miracle/numina's when able, and also take victory rush if the build allows, but what other options are out there?  Do you slot lots of end redux?  Simply slow your attack/buff/heal rate?  Any insight would be helpful.  Thanks!

I slot the 3 health procs and the performance shifter proc on almost all of my toons.

All toggles start with at least 1 end redux

All attacks (except possibly nukes) start with an accuracy and an end redux.

What particular combo are your having end issues on?

• Thanks 1

What this team needs is more Defenders

Yes all of those and more.

1. Slot for endred, at least an SOs worth in attacks.  They are your biggest source of loss.  Slot more endred in your bigger sinners (spammed AoE immobilize,  Hurricane etc.).
  2. Which is why, yes pacing can help
  3. Slot for 95% accuracy.  Missing is endurance lost for no gain.
  4. Get the passive accolades, slot the recovery/end special IOs.
  5. Use base empowerments for +recovery or an amplifier.
  6. Yes to recovery set bonuses.

Make sure you've got the slots to slot those recovery specials.  I'd hate to think on how often I forget to actually place them.  Too busy placing them in my other powers.

• Thanks 1

I slot a Miracle +Recovery in Health, and usually get by one 1 (maybe 2) end mod slots in Stamina

I buy Recovery Serums from the P2W vendor in the early levels and shoot up regularly.  (And stock up on the 3 Buffs from her at level 1, when they're only 1,000 each per shot)

I find once I start slotting IO sets in the 20s my end troubles diminish because my attacks are getting slotted for end reduction.

I tried Victory Rush a couple of times and didn't find it that useful.

And turn off Sprint in combat.

• Thanks 1

Cardiac Alpha helps a lot, but it comes so late it's not something that should be relied on.

The best thing I do to help mitigate endurance troubles before then is to take full advantage of Recovery Serums fron P2W and occasionally grab a recovery buff from a base empowerment station.  Blues help, and frequent Resting between fights if needed.

• Thanks 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

The below is from running a Storm/Elec to 50 and beyond:

• Triple-slot Stamina, SO's at the very least until you can get your hands on Performance Shifter +Endurance proc
  • Triple-slot Health and put Numina's and Miracle +Recovery procs in along with a Health IO of sufficient level.
  • EndRed SO/IO in every buff/debuff toggle, and in heavy-End click powers. 
  • Toggles with slow Recharge get a Rech to make 'toggling' a little less time intensive (and thus you're more likely to use them when needed and not all the time).  LotG in defensive powers to passively boost Rech everywhere (but keep in mind, this doesn't make End come back faster, so if you USE your powers on an accelerated rotation, you'll burn End on an accelerated rotation.)
  • Travel powers OFF when fighting.  If you need something like CJ or Hover, slot it for End Reduction and not just Defense.  CT and Teleport are much cleaner as far as end usage, they're 'on demand' rather than a toggle (and while Teleport burns quite a bit on the first port, as long as you don't drop out of Port-Phase each subsequent jump is pretty cheap.)
  • Leadership toggles are 'nice' especially when on teams, but for the most part unnecessary until you start getting into higher-level difficulty and need the boost. Insps work fine for on-demand bumps to ToHit, Def, and Damage.
  • If you're always on teams, consider turning on Imbuement drops at the P2W Vendor, these cannot be combined, but when you use them the entire team gets the benefit. 
  • Once high up in level (20's, 30's) you can turn on the higher-grade Insp drops and turn off the low tier.   Also, pick Inner Inspiration from P2W, even if you don't get a blue when it's triggered, you can combine triads of unused Insps you get into blue ones. 
  • Cardiac Alpha for 50+
  • Attack rotation needs to keep a 'reserve' for the high-tier abilities that you might need.  With T1/T2/T3 attacks, slot fully, these are bread and butter.  Usually they're fairly cheap when it comes to end usage, too.  Milk as much accuracy, range, and damage as you can out of them.
  • Slot Rest for EndMod, means if you're not resting to recover Health you get back on your feet sooner than later.  

I'll have to go into Mids and plug in my current Storm/Elec build.  With Cardiac Alpha Core and the above, suddenly the pre-50 End rationing isn't nearly as bad, and I can probably free up a few of those slots dedicated to End Reduction.

Edited by MistressOhm

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

3 hours ago, MistressOhm said:

The below is from running a Storm/Elec to 50 and beyond:

• Triple-slot Stamina, SO's at the very least until you can get your hands on Performance Shifter +Endurance proc
  • Triple-slot Health and put Numina's and Miracle +Recovery procs in along with a Health IO of sufficient level.
  • EndRed SO/IO in every buff/debuff toggle, and in heavy-End click powers. 
  • Toggles with slow Recharge get a Rech to make 'toggling' a little less time intensive (and thus you're more likely to use them when needed and not all the time).  LotG in defensive powers to passively boost Rech everywhere (but keep in mind, this doesn't make End come back faster, so if you USE your powers on an accelerated rotation, you'll burn End on an accelerated rotation.)
  • Travel powers OFF when fighting.  If you need something like CJ or Hover, slot it for End Reduction and not just Defense.  CT and Teleport are much cleaner as far as end usage, they're 'on demand' rather than a toggle (and while Teleport burns quite a bit on the first port, as long as you don't drop out of Port-Phase each subsequent jump is pretty cheap.)
  • Leadership toggles are 'nice' especially when on teams, but for the most part unnecessary until you start getting into higher-level difficulty and need the boost. Insps work fine for on-demand bumps to ToHit, Def, and Damage.
  • If you're always on teams, consider turning on Imbuement drops at the P2W Vendor, these cannot be combined, but when you use them the entire team gets the benefit. 
  • Once high up in level (20's, 30's) you can turn on the higher-grade Insp drops and turn off the low tier.   Also, pick Inner Inspiration from P2W, even if you don't get a blue when it's triggered, you can combine triads of unused Insps you get into blue ones. 
  • Cardiac Alpha for 50+
  • Attack rotation needs to keep a 'reserve' for the high-tier abilities that you might need.  With T1/T2/T3 attacks, slot fully, these are bread and butter.  Usually they're fairly cheap when it comes to end usage, too.  Milk as much accuracy, range, and damage as you can out of them.
  • Slot Rest for EndMod, means if you're not resting to recover Health you get back on your feet sooner than later.  

I'll have to go into Mids and plug in my current Storm/Elec build.  With Cardiac Alpha Core and the above, suddenly the pre-50 End rationing isn't nearly as bad, and I can probably free up a few of those slots dedicated to End Reduction.

A great deal of good advice but I wouldn't bother slotting endred in CJ and probably not in Hover.  0.065 end/sec is the end cost on running CJ.  I'd be entirely rethinking a build if endurance was that tight.  To put some perspective on that Hurricane, a relatively expensive toggle, uses 10 times as much (0.65 end/sec).  Furthermore to emphasize my point about attacks, Power Burst, a single target attack, uses even more at about 1.0 end/sec (10 second recharge, 10.4 end used).  That slot should be either used elsewhere or for something else like maybe a Kismet +6% (missing costs endurance line of thinking).  I would also not slot it for defense unless it literally put me at or beyond the softcap and I could truly afford the slot (you're talking about hitting ED limits for an extra ~1.25 defense).

Thanks Doom.  And yes, I've noticed that I usually lose Voltaic Sentinel, Snow Storm, and Hurricane when I get down to the dregs of my End bar, while Hover stays active.  So you're right, I probably can lose that slot or put something else more useful in.   

I already need to respec simply because slotting Cardiac has freed up a lot of the end issues; before I needed to pop Blues when a zombie invasion occurred, now I can cycle Lightning Storm and Freezing Rain as fast as they recharge, keep Voltaic and Hurricane running, and zap the meat right off their undead bones, and only need to pop Greens when they tag me with a spitball.  in ToT play, I usually only have to end-ration when that damned Matriarch shows up, cos she curses my End bar. 

• Thumbs Up 1

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

Every stormy i have takes a tier 4 ageless and i pretty much build them knowing thats what i will make at incarnate levels. I want as many pseudopets out as i can get as often as possible. Prior to that i am totally reliant on recovery serums from P2W and blue insps. I take ageless knowing i won't be force picked into cardiac. If i took cardiac i'd have more destiny options but i'd lose recharge and damage. 

I slot my Defenders like any other AT (except Blasters who get their own sustain power)....

• Stamina gets 3 Performance Shifters - 1 being the proc 
  • Health gets either Panacea or Numi proc (usually, whichever I have on hand at the moment)
  • All attacks / toggles get Endredux
  • I ALWAYS get the 4 stat-increasing Accolades (Atlas Medallion, Freedom Phalanx, Task Force Commander, Portal Jockey / villain equivalents)
  • Additional random End Recovery / End Discount / Max End from whatever set bonuses I get usually works out fine.

If the power sets have heavier end use....

• Then I may add a 4th Performance Shifter to Stamina - that also gives an End Recovery bonus on top of enhancing the power more.
  • I might add in the Miracle proc and/or Pancea/Numi procs (whichever I didn't slot first).
  • And then specifically slot for End Recovery / End Discount / Max End set bonuses.

If that still doesn't cover it and End use is extremely heavy....

• I'll look to my build to see what End Recovery / Discount powers I can squeeze in (like Conserve Power, Power Sink, Consume, Physical Perfection, etc)

I never get Victory Rush.  While it can be useful in the early game, it eats up too may power choices early on to get it.  By the end game, most people have their End problems sorted out anyway (or should, at least) and still - it requires too many other powers to take first, which eats up selection and slotting.  Maneuvers and Tactics are no brainers, but if you can squeeze in a 3rd from Leadership - Vengeance is far better than Victory Rush, imo.  

Incarnate Powers:

• I do not rely on Incarnates to fill in End Recovery (or Defense / Resistance) gaps like some do.  I want my Incarnate Abilities to take my toons over the top, not "normalize" them.
  • I Exemplar a lot so I want my toons to be solid and able to run without Endurance problems pre-incarnate.  BUT, that's just me....
  • You do have the Incarnate options available to you if all the other ways to get Endurance I've listed above doesn't help:  There are several Alpha types you can slot for End and picking up Ageless Destiny can always help you
  • But these also only help if you are doing lvl 45+ content - not really problem is you never Ex down.  
  • Thumbs Up 3

• 1 month later

Another thing you can do is work in a few sets that have +end as a set bonus. The more end you have, the more powerful your recovery becomes. I have a few builds that have over 130 endurance at 50th level with all their set bonuses and such. Without any incarnate finagling they tend to have around 4.0/sec recovery. That allows for a pretty heavy end-burn during combat that can keep going for a long time, especially if you've got a panacea and performance shifter proc slotted.

But always slot attacks for end reduction, especially the high-end cost ones. And when you're building set bonuses, check to see what the end reduction of the set is before you fully commit it to that power. Some sets have really nice bonuses, but only have end reduction in pieces that have 3-4 modifiers (and thus end up with only around 20-30% total end reduction), so use those on lower-endurance attacks, and sets that have heavy end reduction on the powers that eat a lot of endurance.

My health slotting on all my characters is panacea proc, numina's unique, miracle unique. 

Stamina is performance shifter proc + 2-3 more slots (4 slot stamina if it's a really end-heavy build).

Because if you run out of end in combat, you're kind of hosed. So I do everything I can to make sure I never do (though I still do now and then).