Master of ITF +4/8 Questions

VoidSpawn2

I know that Hard Mode ITF is all the rage now, but for those of us who are still considering soloing the Master of ITF +4/8, did the somewhat recent/last Cimeroran defense buff render the run a Whiff Fest? Is it still possible to solo it now, if it's allegedly so much harder to hit them than it was prior to that buff? 

I was in the midst of my solo AT runs when this occurred, and I was going only at 0/8, so there was little, if anything, that I noticed at that scale. 

I do, however, recall that @Bill Z Bubba and @Werner mentioned it, and how it impacted their elite runs at that setting. 

Therefore, I'm making the query to get some advice on how do-able it is now, post-boost, and, if anyone is still doing it (along with what works best, what adjustments had to be made, if any, etc.). 

Thank you in advance for any advice and thoughts you'd like to share. 

-void  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, VoidSpawn2 said:

Is it still possible to solo it now, if it's allegedly so much harder to hit them than it was prior to that buff? 

It's still completely possible. Just takes longer. Or tweak your build for more +acc/+tohit to return to a more familiar feel.

• Like 1

Well I suspect mostly it would take even longer to do as you'd need to pull them apart frequently.  The bonus to their defense is from stacking from nearby allies.  More allies more bonuses as I understand it.  Let them clump up on you is what can turn it into a whiff fest.  But my personal hands on experience owing to life is currently non-existent.

Edit:  Damn how'd i get Ninja'd by an hour old post 😳 Knew I was a slow typist but sheesh.

Edited by Doomguide2005
  • Like 1

Thanks very much, @Bill Z Bubba and @Doomguide2005! Cogent and most considerate advice! 

I think I'm going to give the "Master of ITF" +4/8 some focused attention, just so I can officially state that I've done it. Even if one has done it on all ATs at 0/8, with no deaths, it just somehow doesn't compare to doing it, even once, with one AT at the master level.

(Well, it does, if one considers skill with multiple ATs as an attribute, and a composite matrix weighting this is constructed and evaluated against that of a single Master run. But, still, I get it. World of difference 'twixt the two.) 

If I crack the code -- if there is one -- I might try with more ATs. I don't think I'll get obsessed again, and have to do it with all ATs. But I might, if I sense that I can succeed. 

-void  

• Thumbs Up 2