A Picture of the Future

AyamSirias

9 minutes ago, Shadeknight said:

what is this thread even about.

Originally? The Future.

Then Madness.

Then linguistic pet peeves ...

... which brings me to something I'm not certain if I've posted here before so I'm going to anyway because it riffs on my personal disdain for the colloquial perversion of the word "literally," particularly when I catch myself doing it because I adopt colloquial patterns very quickly and automatically as a result of a lifetime of nomadic tendencies and work related travel.

I've even taken to intentionally using "figuratively" or "proverbially" as a replacement ... when I don't slip.

https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/like-and-literally-make-a-deal

• Thumbs Up 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

1 hour ago, InvaderStych said:

Originally? The Future.

Then Madness.

... which brings me to something I'm not certain if I've posted here before so I'm going to anyway because it riffs on my personal disdain for the colloquial perversion of the word "literally," particularly when I catch myself doing it because I adopt colloquial patterns very quickly and automatically as a result of a lifetime of nomadic tendencies and work related travel.

I've even taken to intentionally using "figuratively" or "proverbially" as a replacement ... when I don't slip.

I'm literally dying of figurative laughter at the moment...

• Haha 2

I don't eat breakfast anymore, but if I did, this thread would have perfectly accented a morning bowl of Raisin Nut Bran.  Well done, forum, well done.

• Like 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

Oh Yeah was by Yello.

Yello did the soundtrack for the Adventures of Ford Fairlane

Wayne Newtons was in that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

17 hours ago, InvaderStych said:

Originally? The Future.

Then Madness.

I like the word allegedly.