Infiltration

Snarky

There always seems to be some confusion since this pool was changed.  I think it is because they changed the names and the position in the pool.  The old invisibility (can't remember what it was called) is now called Stealth.  It is the 1st slot and not the 3rd like it used to be.  You can stand right next to enemies and they don't see you.  Infiltration is a travel power with a stealthy component but is not really "Invisibility".  

You can find this in the patch notes at the time but I am too lazy to go find it.

also someone mentioned how you turn transparent and it hides your costume etc.  while this is true with a lot of stealthy powers, Stealth itself has an option in the costume creator to NOT make you appear invisible.  You look just a little faded

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Starhawk32 said:

also someone mentioned how you turn transparent and it hides your costume etc.  while this is true with a lot of stealthy powers, Stealth itself has an option in the costume creator to NOT make you appear invisible.  You look just a little faded

Really wish there was a no fade option on this.  I am a vampire.  I know mortals cannot see me.  I am not a ghost.  I am not translucent

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Snarky said:

Really wish there was a no fade option on this.  I am a vampire.  I know mortals cannot see me.  I am not a ghost.  I am not translucent

I understand.  I used to hate being in stealth.  however this option is not that bad...not even as bad as fog 

just wish it worked when OTHER people used their powers n you (looking at you Shadow Fall in an obnoxious green)

• Thumbs Up 3

On 10/28/2022 at 2:00 PM, Troo said:

could be mostly replaced by stuff that doesn't require a power pick.

My main has 36% +Jump Speed/Height, 73.5% +Run Speed, Agility Radial Paragon, the Launch: Increased Jump Height IO in Combat Jumping, two Quickfoot (Run and Run/EndRdx) slotted in Sprint, a 50+5 Run IO in Swift and 50+5 Jump IO in Hurdle.  I use Athletic Run as my travel power for this build, giving me 75.75 mph run speed, 72.24 mph jump speed and a jump height of 54.18'.

Another character has 7.5% +Jump Speed/Height, 22.5+ +Run Speed, Sprint with only a Quickfoot Run/EndRdx in the default slot, a level 50 Run IO in Swift and Jump IO in Hurdle (no boosters), and Infiltration with two Blessing of the Zephyr (Movement and Movement/EndRdx).  I use Spiritual Core Paragon for this character, so no movement buff from the Alpha.  This one runs 78.13 mph, jumps 77.21 mph and has a jump height of 65.85'.

While writing this, I decided to find out what the other character's movement speeds would be with no set bonuses.  Those bonuses came from a set of Synapse's Shock slotted in Quick Recovery, I used unslotters to remove all five IOs.  The result is 74.91 mph run speed, 76.13 mph jump speed and 65.55' jump height.

I spent 7 extra slots for the sole purpose of accruing +Movement bonuses to use Athletic Run instead of Infiltration for my main, resulting in a ~1% faster run speed, ~6% slower jump speed and ~16% lower jump height.  My main also doesn't use any form of stealth, so if the player wants that, it's another slot for a Stealth IO.

So, yeah, you can achieve roughly comparable movement rates as what Infiltration offers, but what you're saving in a single power selection, you're paying for with slots.

• Thumbs Up 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

On 10/28/2022 at 4:48 PM, Snarky said:

What good is it?

It is the travel power all my my toons take and use.  Even the ones who don't run stealth but have it only as a LoTG mule.  It's better then ninja run and can slot another LoTG.

The latest update allows it to be on without turning off stealth. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

On 10/28/2022 at 1:59 PM, Aracknight said:

Its athletic/ninja run you  can slot that also gives you some stealth and some out of combat defense. 

Its currently my favorite power in the game.

IMO there is very little value in out of combat defense.  The new changes that impact stealth stacking make it even less valuable.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Lockpick said:

IMO there is very little value in out of combat defense.

The defense it has is worthless... but the fact that it takes defense IOs is fantastic.

• Thumbs Up 3

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

My take is that it's a "good enough" travel power for when you want to stack defense with Stealth+Weave+Maneuvers+Combat Jumping.

That's pretty situational for most builds. 

On the plus side, Slotting Thrust+Launch procs into this power gives a really nice middle-ground alternative to the oft-employed SS+SJ combo.  You feel very springy, and combat suppression reduction from Thrust lets you bounce between encounters noticeably quicker.  You're not going as fast as SS+SJ but you're way more nimble, with one less power pick and less End consumption. 

---

I haven't tried this power setup since the Stealth Stacking changes. Was on my todo for Beta testing but didn't get around to it before the pg5 went live.  Before I relied on a bind setup to switch between Stealth and Infiltrate. It should be a lot smoother now that both can run alongside each other.

• Like 1