What to pair with new and improved Axe?

Bionic_Flea

7 hours ago, Spankea said:

Beheader, Gash, and Pendelum, are the three to skip.  Unless you need IO bonuses out of them, you'll never use these powers in your attack chain.

If you skip Gash, you only have two attacks in your single target attack chain (presuming you skipped the obviously skippable Beheader). For that matter, one of the two attacks you have in your chain is directly inferior Chop.

9 minutes ago, Hjarki said:

If you skip Gash, you only have two attacks in your single target attack chain (presuming you skipped the obviously skippable Beheader). For that matter, one of the two attacks you have in your chain is directly inferior Chop.

I use Cleave as both a ST and AoE attack.  It's a hybrid and with the range it's even better.

16 hours ago, Spankea said:

I use Cleave as both a ST and AoE attack.  It's a hybrid and with the range it's even better.

Cleave is even set up as a single target attack, isn't?  Before it was basically Axe version of Head Splitter.

16 hours ago, Hjarki said:

I don't know how it would play out in a completely proc'ed out build, but Chop can take the Force Feedback Proc like Gash and slot the -Resist Proc, while Gash, cannot.

However, you'd only have 1 single target attack until you have access to Swoop at level 24.

I use my first attack Chop right now, only when I exemp down for Posi TF (maybe Synapse, I don't recall) and it's only 2 slotted with 2 Touch of Death IOs

12 hours ago, Hjarki said:

Gash is 71 dpa, Chop is 59 dpa and Cleave is 58 dpa.

There are also questions related to rotation since Cleave's 15 sec recharge is much harder to fit into a rotation than Gash's 10 sec.

Gash is the higher DPS, beating Chop by just over 11 DPS, but Chop can slot the -Resist Proc, which helps all the following attacks.